XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.2+] Exotic Colors v1.0

Tip us?

Leonidan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Lightbulb [APP][2.2+] Exotic Colors v1.0

If you need a reliable mobile adviser in any argument about colors...
If you want to be able to clearly describe to your boyfriend what color the shirt you saw was...
If you want to never mess up with the lipstick color for your girlfriend...
...then Exotic Colors was created specially for you.

Exotic Colors is a one of a kind application. First of all, it is a catalogue of over 700 named colors (e.g. Terra cotta, Beaver, Atomic tangerine). Also, it is a handy mobile “picker” – if you need to determine a color right here right now – just take a photo and analyze the color.

Use Exotic Colors to:
- learn new color names that you never imagined before
- analyze colors: determine names, convert to HSV, RGB, CMYK, XYZ etc. systems, see complementary, triadic colors, and much more
- save colors and create palettes
- share your palettes with friends/colleagues/customers via social networks, e-mail etc.

Requires Android: 2.2+
Size: 2.0 Mb
Supported languages: English & Russian
Available via Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anovoxer.exoticcolors

We appreciate your opinion for it will help us improve, so please do not hesitate to comment on our app!
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Leonidan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1010
As a photographer and web designer I'm liking the sound of this app. Especially since it can help identify and correlate colors into complementary etc, which is extremely helpful in designing layouts and schemes.

I'll check it out and rate it ASAP Just wanted to post since no responses yet, but looks nice!
AT&T LG G2 - 4.3, AOKP
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.2, Stock Rooted (m-kernel)
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

Leonidan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Thank you! Hope you'll like it even more after you've tried it
The Following User Says Thank You to Leonidan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khaytsus
Old
Thanks Meter 1010
I like it, its UI might could use some polish but it was intuitive enough first thing for me, and I'm not great at GUIs so not sure what to suggest. But intuitive enough to not be a big deal.

I pointed it around the office a bit, and while of course we're at the mercy of our camera for taking shots, the ability to load an image and analyze it is great. I'd most likely use it in that mode anyway since I don't really trust cameras on phones/tablets.

One suggestion.. Can you leave the pointer in the same place when scrolling an image, so one can use that to scroll an image to that spot? Tapping to move it is good, I like that. But if I've already set a spot and want to just move it a little bit, it'd be nice to be able to just scroll the image a little to that spot.

No functional issues, but some drawing issues. Nexus 7, haven't tried it on my phone. So all the info is there, but it's not quite drawn in the right place.

AT&T LG G2 - 4.3, AOKP
Samsung Note i717 - 4.2.2, Unofficial AOKP
Nexus 7 Wifi 2012 - 4.4.2, Stock Rooted (m-kernel)
Try my Alternative XDA CSS Themes (including 2010!)

--
http://theblackmoor.net
http://unlimitedphoto.com

Leonidan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Thank you for the detailed feedback!

We will consider your suggestion about locking the picker in place and then this drawing issue you highlighted (strange though that it draws like this, should have been fine... Anyway, thanks, we will try to fix it ).

Christiancs1969
Old
Thanks Meter 2718
Default Re: [APP][2.2+] Exotic Colors v1.0

Very nice very handy

s2 rootbox

edem84
Old
Thanks Meter 56
How to say otherwise: amazing! thank you

billbowers
Old
Thanks Meter 1868

DONATE TO ME

Great app. As a lighting designer,I'm always dealing with clients that want "this color here". This should make it much easier. Thank you.

Redhotero
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Nice app! My gf will be happy

Enviado desde mi XT925

RTWright
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Laboratory

I like this app a lot, one of the things though that caught was the Laboratory. The one thing I would personally suggest here is have it so that you can put your finger on the screen and drag the cursor around as well as tap to position it without moving the color pattern around the screen.

Very well done app, I've only got one other that comes close to this and that's the myPantone. Keep up the great work!
DEVICE: SPH-L710
CARRIER: Sprint
KERNEL: Stock Slim
ROM: Lates Slim Weekly 1.9
RECOVERY:
TWRP 2.6.x
RIP: HTC Evo 4G