Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

send/recv fax

Tip us?

rats
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default send/recv fax

hi,
do anyone knows if it is possible to send and recv faxes via ppc.

rgds

Kaputter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
With ppc (Pocket PC) you can use KSE TRUEFAX.

BUT:
With the XDA they still have some troubles. I think they have a trial version where you can test it.

greetings,
Kaputter

Aussie Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fax with XDA

I have managed to download the fax software from the site and get it to work! Accordinging to O2 here, I'm only the second person IN Australia!
They gave me no advice, ditto the phone service provider!

Sending faxes is easy, download the software, set up Truefax as follows:

Banner Name: Your name, eg Bill Smith
Banner Number : 0410999000 (your phone no.)
Station Id: phone no. again.

Tick send banner box.

Receiving faxes is more difficult. Here you need to have another number (mobile) allocated to receive faxes. The faxes when I trialled this, get stored in a message service, rather than being received by the XDA. In the message service, you can specify where they be sent onto, eg home/office fax.

As I am sending heaps of faxes, the receing of is not really required, so I ditched the mobile incoming fax no. after 1 hr as I couldm't get it to work!

The service in Aus. works well with sending though. I'm with Telstra, apparently not all service providers are set up for this, so check!!!

ralphshumway
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Truefax

My only options for truefax are Com1 Serial on usb etc. Do I have a hayes compatible modem in my device?
Ralph Shumway

Aussie Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Com 2

Ralph, when I use my XDA here in Australia with Telstra to send a fax it throws up a Com 2 thing when I press send.

I love the facility, I used it today to construct and send a fax to a customer who had lost my quote from last week. She needed it to place an official order, I stopped my journey, constructed the fax and sent.

I rang through and her colleague was just passing her the 'new' quote!

ralphshumway
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So is there a modem on com3, is this from the cradle? Which phone?
Ralph Shumway

Aussie Paul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not sure what you mean

Ralph, not sure what your question actually is !

My advice would be to download the Truefax sofware from the xda site, go for the trial version. Set it up as I have mentioned on this thread.

When I send a fax on my xda it goes through com2.

Just download the trial software and give it a go.

If you have set it up properly and it doesn't work, it may be your mobile carriers fault, in which case contact them. Here in Australia I'm with Telstra and it works, I have heard rumours it won't with some carriers.

Anyway, I'm off to sort out a BMP for my fax cover page rather than have the O2 XDA one!

ralphshumway
Old
Thanks Meter 0
ops:

Well for you AT&T folks, right now the modem is not able to connect on the GSM network. Just to keep folks from using an ISP for internet connection. So Truefax will attempt to d-liver but will get a no response type error message.

Maybe this will change...
Ralph Shumway