Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,909 Members 37,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CWM 6.0.2.8 for Allwinner A10 & A13 Tablets - v2a

Tip us?

alimooghashang
Old
Thanks Meter 3
thanks
i installed cwm6028-a13-11part-v2.zip but when i want to install update.zip it says cannot mount sdcard
what to do now?

guatatiboa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi

I flashed cwm6028-a13-10part-v2.zip, i tried to reboot into recovery pressing volume and power button but it didnt work so i tried "echo -e 'boot-recovery\0' > /dev/block/nandf; sync" from the terminal Emulator app.

It rebooted into recovery and got stuck. I cant flash anyrom, mount sd, cache, data, etc. I tried to flash using livesuit and i get this error "Upgrade fails : 0x162 дʧ2".
I tried even with phoenix card and i get this error :
sprite update error: fail to scan flash infomation
current card sprite failed
now hold the machine.

I can not get out of the cwm recovery and i dont know whatelse to do, can anybody please help me?

Thanks

Lannig
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Update to my post above about editing a recovery image

Seems that this tools allows for doing the job on a Windows box: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2036528
So a Linux machine is not required.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatatiboa View Post
Hi

I flashed cwm6028-a13-10part-v2.zip, i tried to reboot into recovery pressing volume and power button but it didnt work so i tried "echo -e 'boot-recovery\0' > /dev/block/nandf; sync" from the terminal Emulator app.

It rebooted into recovery and got stuck. I cant flash anyrom, mount sd, cache, data, etc. I tried to flash using livesuit and i get this error "Upgrade fails : 0x162 дʧ2".
What image did you try to flash, specifically? is this a Livesuit image for your precise tablet model you've obtained from the reseller or manufacturer?
Livesuit can be moody at times. Try on a different computer. Your best bet is to use an old trusted Windows XP. Windows 7 is known to cause trouble sometimes and Windows 8 is a no-no.
Flashing a recovery can not have corrupted anything that would prevent you from reflashing using Livesuit. The FEL code that handles flashing from Livesuit is burnt into the SOC, so it can't be overwritten (by us mere mortals anyway). Keep trying, provided that you have the correct image, of course.
Try googling "livesuit error 0x162" too. It's a common error, you may find useful hints.
Garfield quote: Have you used your brains today?

guatatiboa
Old
(Last edited by guatatiboa; 8th August 2013 at 12:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannig View Post
Seems that this tools allows for doing the job on a Windows box: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2036528
So a Linux machine is not required.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

What image did you try to flash, specifically? is this a Livesuit image for your precise tablet model you've obtained from the reseller or manufacturer?
Livesuit can be moody at times. Try on a different computer. Your best bet is to use an old trusted Windows XP. Windows 7 is known to cause trouble sometimes and Windows 8 is a no-no.
Flashing a recovery can not have corrupted anything that would prevent you from reflashing using Livesuit. The FEL code that handles flashing from Livesuit is burnt into the SOC, so it can't be overwritten (by us mere mortals anyway). Keep trying, provided that you have the correct image, of course.
Try googling "livesuit error 0x162" too. It's a common error, you may find useful hints.

Thanks for the hints. Ive tried to flash a lot of img, its a generic chinese tablet with no brand so i had to google, i found several img for tablets with this hardware but not a single one seems to work, i wanted to try with cm but since i needed to flash it by recovery i can not. Its a Yeahpad A13 or Q88.

Regarding the livesuit error, i googled it in the first place, i found people who solved flashing the right img and some other that just didnt, but nothing useful. Ill try on an xp computer but the tablet does not even get in cwm now, i think i have a nice paperweight

s-android
Old
Thanks Meter 456
a10,part 10
after flashing the correct recovery (even another one),it says cant mount anything (in cwm)
my ROM's for GALAXY S II

SanIcsSuper II*Final SL = @ XDA = @ MBLSTN / Android : 4.0.3
ParsLand-ics-9100 = @ XDA = @ MBLSTN / Android : 4.0.4
ParsLand-jb-9100 = @ XDA = @ MBLSTN / Android : 4.1.2

Lannig
Old
(Last edited by Lannig; 13th August 2013 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
I've managed to use the A10 variant of this CWM Recovery on another one of my tablets.
It works fine apart from the buttons. The vol+ button goes up, the vol- button selects, so does the power button. Anyway CWM menus are well-thought so they can be navigated in one direction only
I know that the keycode assignments are hardcoded into the ./sbin/recovery image (aren't they?), so I was wondering if there's any way to patch the binary?
Garfield quote: Have you used your brains today?

puma99dk|
Old
Thanks Meter 32
now i have tired this firmware too to see if i can get my software bricked tablet op and run and i can't

this firmware here:

A13_MID_nuclear_pfdq88c-eng-IMM76D-Factory_Image_[TechKnowForum.net].img @ 254img

i just get this error:

Livesuit: Upgrade fails : 0x162 дʧ2

and if i try another firmware i found in this thread called ME-110_Android_4.1.1_JB-20130406.img @ 669mb, when that one is loaded live suit is as dead and dead it self

so i could really use some help here.

ravsss
Old
(Last edited by ravsss; 15th August 2013 at 06:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I played with my tablet and of course somthing goes wrong, and now my tablet still hanging on android logo. Becouse i have no idea what brand it is, and what manufacture... i've opened tablet to see what is inside (speaker lost ) but i have noticed that this is allwiner a10 chipset. So I started diging how to back to life my tablet and first what i have to do is flash cwm on my tablet. When i connect my tablet to pc (is hangin on android logo) i still can push file over adb to it, and use adb shell, so i've tried push difrent version of cwm on to tablet and try to run cwm recovery but... all the time after vol+ plus power give me screen with exclemation mark.

here is output from my console

recovery.img
reboot-recovery.sh
install-recovery.sh
# sh install-recovery.
sh install-recovery.sh
-- CWM-based Recovery
-- Installation comple
# sh reboot-recovery.s
sh reboot-recovery.sh

why i still can't run cwm recovery and put some rom on my tablet ?? Any ideas for help ?? All the time exclamation mark and no cwm

thanks,
ras

dubbz82
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks, in case anyone's interested, this works awesomely on the mach trio 4.3" stealth lite "tablet"

teekex
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Works great on MyTab 7" inch (LINK)

Code:
root@android:/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 1001.88
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x3