Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.1+][UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v2.9.2 :: [12.21.2014]

OP mrRobinson

14th March 2013, 10:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,500

2,375 posts
Based on the News that google has removed Ad blocking apps from the play store I figured I'd throw this up so people still can get this great application.
I don't know about the other Ad blocking apps but AdAway has been my favorite for a long time due to its functionality and being open source.

Please go to the Developer's Site where you can donate, get the source, and find other ways of installing. It is available from F-Droid as well. The last version in the Google play store was v2.2. I've compiled from source so this is currently version 2.9.1 (latest in source). You can look at the source or the app itself for the changelog.

File any bugs here. This is not a bug thread for the app.

The files below are labeled with a date. Any builds will have all commits through that date included with them. Check the source for what that includes. (It may be hard to visually notice any difference so if you go to about page I added a "Compiled on Date" so you can verify exactly which build date you have installed.)

Dev Build: AdAway-release_Build-Dec.21.2014.apk
(compiled from source on Dec-21-2014, signed and zipaligned)
Caution! This will only install on JB or greater right now. It's only intended to fix issues on Android L so you can use the one below unless you are on L.

AdAway v2.9.2
(compiled from source on Oct-13-2014, signed and zipaligned)
Big Thanks to @DavisNT for his pull requests to make this happen.
Last edited by mrRobinson; Yesterday at 10:10 PM. Reason: new version posted
The Following 1,502 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag Durham
Thanks Meter: 73

608 posts
More
I wondered where this app had gone!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WastedJoker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 12:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrRobinson

Based on the News that google has removed Ad blocking apps from the play store I figured I'd throw this up so people still can get this great application.

I don't know about the other Ad blocking apps but AdAway has been my favorite for a long time.
Please go to the Developer's Site where you can donate, get the source, and find other ways of installing. It is available from F-Droid but I didn't want to install that just for this. Plus as of today the lastest version on F-droid and what was last in the Google play store was v2.2. I've compiled from source so this is version 2.3 (latest in source). You can look at the source or the app itself for the changelog.

Download: AdAway v2.3

thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inc188 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 02:32 AM   |  #4  

2,375 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inc188

thanks

No problem, I'll keep this updated as changes are made to source. Also in case anyone is wondering it is signed and zipaligned.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 216

1,194 posts
More
Re: [APP] [UNOFFICIAL] AdAway v2.3
For those who already have play store one installed, this one won't install over. Application signature doesn't match. Not that hard to solve. Just uninstall the old one and install this one.

EDIT: Now it installed over when I updated from version 2.1... Weird. Also it didn't detect root when I clean installed. I think my phone is just being weird.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by stab244; 15th March 2013 at 03:50 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stab244 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 04:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 36

91 posts
More
Use to use Addfree but now not availible so tried this out. It seems to be working great on Note 2 Android ver. 4.2.2 , thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaze1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 04:25 AM   |  #7  

2,375 posts
Yes, correct. It should not install over. Uninstall your play store version and then install this.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 04:46 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Oh wow ! I wasn't sure why AdAway had been removed from Google Play. Thank you for this and now I know.

sent from my Unicorn Covered Unicorns
The Following User Says Thank You to Omar5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag New york
Thanks Meter: 530

587 posts
More
I think adfree works bertter then this .. If ya really wanna help people by sharing sumone else app then why don'tya upload good n working app ...

Btw 100x thx :thumbup:

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anurag.dj2u For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2013, 05:32 AM   |  #10  

2,375 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.dj2u

I think adfree works bertter then this .. If ya really wanna help people by sharing sumone else app then why don'tya upload good n working app ...

Btw 100x thx :thumbup:

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I did. I uploaded a good and working app. Ad free isn't open source so I can't build it's latest version. Clearly you don't understand that. If you want adfree go download it somewhere else as this thread is just for adaway.

The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to mrRobinson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source
Previous Thread Next Thread