Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,105 Members 52,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.3.3.0) - New Features!

Tip us?

exwan
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler9 View Post
Do you have v4a installed as a user app or system app and which irs are you trying to use? I've seen a few (from @BSDgeek_Jake iirc) that some have reported only work when v4a is a user app and some that only work when v4a is a system app for some people.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I've tried both system and user, tried almost all irs i have. None of them give a different sound. Only that is not working in my end. Other setting is working deliciously. Except the bug when i receive sms, v4a status goes abnormal and i need to forced close v4a and open it back to regain normal status. Which is very very tiring to do after 2 sms. Haha

Sent using GT-I8190N with Maclaw Panda rom (OS 4.3.1)

crawler9
Old
Thanks Meter 288

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by exwan View Post
I've tried both system and user, tried almost all irs i have. None of them give a different sound. Only that is not working in my end. Other setting is working deliciously. Except the bug when i receive sms, v4a status goes abnormal and i need to forced close v4a and open it back to regain normal status. Which is very very tiring to do after 2 sms. Haha

Sent using GT-I8190N with Maclaw Panda rom (OS 4.3.1)
Sorry, I have no other ideas or insight that might help you, but I wish you the best of luck getting Convolver working!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
If I or anyone else has helped you, please click thanks!
I may not an Android dev (yet), but I'm more than willing to help whenever I can!
I am a software development student, comfortable with limited Java, C++, and AutoHotkey Scripting.
My posts usually change within 10 minutes when I originally post them... be sure to double check them lol.

My devices:

DingoDingo
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoDingo View Post
For those with problems to make Viper works, try Unofficial V4A Tool created by a vipersaudio member - Fix FX not working for many players
http://d-h.st/c4Z

I had luck few times with it. Even on 4.4, didn't work before I used this tool and rebooted afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATA! View Post
I'm sorry, I asked this before but with no responso....so, what is this for??

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 using TapaTalk2
Sorry, I did answer in post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9505, I know it was not too helpful , as I remember, it has to do something with build prop, fixing it.

However, it helped me to start Viper to work few times after upgrading or changing rom. I am now on stock 4.4 + franco r196, Viper didn't work until I used that tool.

Try to use search this thread for more info, I think it was mentioned few months ago
The Following User Says Thank You to DingoDingo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PIRATA!
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry, I did answer in post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9505, I know it was not too helpful , as I remember, it has to do something with build prop, fixing it.

However, it helped me to start Viper to work few times after upgrading or changing rom. I am now on stock 4.4 + franco r196, Viper didn't work until I used that tool.

Try to use search this thread for more info, I think it was mentioned few months ago
Oh, sorry. I didn't catch that reply, maybe because was without the quote.
Thank you for your reply.
Do you know who did that fix?

Samsung GalaxyS3 GT-i9300 / DeltaROM III / Boeffla Kernel / Greenify!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My NEW XDA contribution:
> Stock / Custom Bootanimations on Galaxy S3 <

You can donate to me.

DingoDingo
Old
(Last edited by DingoDingo; 3rd December 2013 at 12:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
I'm sorry, I asked this before but with no responso....so, what is this for??

Quote:
For those with problems to make Viper works, try Unofficial V4A Tool created by a vipersaudio member - Fix FX not working for many players
http://d-h.st/c4Z

I had luck few times with it. Even on 4.4, didn't work before I used this tool and rebooted afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Oh, sorry. I didn't catch that reply, maybe because was without the quote.
Thank you for your reply.
Do you know who did that fix?

Dont know, uploaded by zhuhang http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=3901724
The Following User Says Thank You to DingoDingo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xsycox
Old
(Last edited by xsycox; 3rd December 2013 at 02:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 118
I just installed V4 FX as system app on my S4 with Paranoid Android (has DSP-Manager included). I gave superuser rights and did install the driver and rebooted the phone.

1. But how do I know, it is working now, because I do not have found this setting:

"9. In Sound settings > Music effects, always choose V4A FX unless FX is not installed."

Well, of course, I have sound settings, but no point with "music effects".

2. Do I have to remove the installed DSP-Manager or something else?

3. Do I have to set up something else or just make a tick on "enable" at headset, speaker and bluetooth?

Thank you very much, guys.
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FIRMWARE CREATOR. THX. =)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=QDFB6YZFGT34U

MANswers
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Anyone using VSonic GR07 with this? What Listening Device type do you choose under settings? I have it to Common earphone (V2), sounds warm and fuller.. whats your preference?
Rom Slot - 1

Rom Slot - 2

banccalif
Old
Thanks Meter 1004
After changing my audio policy and build prop I get speaker only on calls. Is there anyway to fix that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

scofield119
Old
Thanks Meter 19
If i set driver on battery savings the volume Will be lower?

Inviato dal mio Xperia U utilizzando Tapatalk

Rudjgaard
Old
Thanks Meter 529
My setup to get viper working on 4.3 (cm 10.2 base):
- X-hifi installed as system and FX as user (using fx 2301)
- Both set to compatible mode
- dsp manager is NOT frozen
- viper fx selected in music effects
- SuperSU 1.69 (later releases also should work but have problems with them on my build)
Using this setup driver monitor will show "processing: no" but in truth it is working as you can distinctly hear the difference turning it on and off.
Also occasionally it will give the driver failure toast, but this doesn't seem to have caused problems. (most of the times when unlocking screen - could it be a problem in handling disabled system sounds perhaps?)
The notification bug also seems to be gone, the only problem on the subject was when i received a message during a game notif. played normally but then the game became mute.
Xperia Active ST17i
Rom: ParanoidAndroid
Kernel: LupusJB

LG Optimus 4X HD
Rom: PACman
Kernel: MoKee

Tags
convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+