[DRIVERS] Latest HTC Drivers [4.2.0.001]
Latest HTC Drivers
Latest HTC Drivers extracted from HTC Sync v3.3.21
and HTC Sync Manager v18.104.22.168
Latest Driver Version (HTC Sync): 4.0.1.001
Latest Driver Version (HTC Sync Manager): 4.2.0.001
BMP Drivers are the same for both sets of drivers.
For those who don't want to have to download 120 some MB of bloatware called HTC Sync
- Determine if your system is 32-bit or 64-bit
- Download the BMP Driver for your OS type (x86 version if on 32-bit, x64 if on 64-bit)
- Download the newest HTCDrivers file (choose either the "EXE" or "MSI" driver file, but not both)
- Disable any antivirus program(s) present
- Run both files downloaded above (the BMP.msi and the HTCDriver file)
- Re-enable your antivirus program(s)
Sometimes downloading from the internet can yield a corrupt download. To prevent this, make sure you always check the md5 checksum (also known as "md5sum") of the file. This method verifies the digital integrity
of the file by verifying its digital signature with the MD5 algorithm.
After you download each file, make sure to check that the md5sum matches what is given.
How to check the md5sum of a file:
- 25912deacc5d55528e223ec7b99705cc *HTCDriver_3.0.0.023.msi
- 220c41f3b03f42190899db8cb081b5c6 *HTCDriver_4.0.1.001.exe
- a578d837343fe2542ecf405a630d46a0 *HTCDriver_4.0.1.001.msi
- 8223ec1c2aa71503b431a0daabb23154 *HTCDriver_4.0.1.002.exe
- 4dfbd4ae8662124d06e0a04db2065069 *HTCDriver_4.0.1.002.msi
- bf24b0adc2f792ee4180ca545e4b60a0 *HTC_BMP_USB_Driver_x32_1.0.5375.msi
- 7b461095d56f9a6814d8f3e14cac0859 *HTC_BMP_USB_Driver_x64_1.0.5375.msi
- 96e6d181192a995214493a6828e4287d *IPTInstaller_4.0.8.msi
- 92bd34ec7787e631231c68aba392b6e7 *RemoveOldHTCDriver3.exe
- f281d8994ab9f1315828ac2226a9bb75 *HTCDriver_4.1.0.001.exe
- ed6d5fc5cc7dcca653f7a0beab01035d *HTCDriver_4.1.0.001.msi
- 96589c02be46fd7b85160d5b15f4c88a *HTCPluginChecker.exe
- 36ba2c8627ba18c6540bfa25be3b67fc *HTCSync_3.3.21.exe
- a356e5c828c7cb3869dc67058e5bbc2c *SyncManager_22.214.171.124.exe
- da1e40e478725d3e829243e84043d21f *SyncManager_126.96.36.199_STRIPPED.exe
For windows you need to download the md5sum binary. I recommend the one from my dev-host
After that, copy the file you're trying to verify to the directory where where you downloaded the "md5sum.exe"
Once that is finished, do SHIFT+RIGHT CLICK (inside the folder window) and choose "Open command window here"
Then type the following ("fileNameHere" must include the extension):
That will output a hash, which you can compare to the ones above.
Linux: No need to download anything, md5sum binaries are included in all distros, as far as I know.
Open a terminal and type the following ("fileNameHere" must include the extension):
Two important notes:
$ cd path/to/download/folder
$ md5sum fileNameHere
This method can be used with any files you download, as long as the download site (or the dev themself) provides the correct md5sum.
If any of the digits do not match exactly
, you need to download the file again.