Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION][GUIDE][PORT][ROM] Alcatel One Touch 4030 S'Pop/Glory 2 Development

Tip us?

cyberangel22k
Old
(Last edited by cyberangel22k; 19th June 2014 at 04:29 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Default [DISCUSSION][GUIDE][PORT][ROM] Alcatel One Touch 4030 S'Pop/Glory 2 Development

This thread is for discussion for the development of this device. All interested devs are very welcome to join and help.

I started working on this device since I got it day 1 on March 11, 2013. Slowly, I progressed to every step in developing this device. And now there is a team that works on every development, not only this device but a lot of Acatel devices.

To know more about the our team, go to our official blog.
mxdevelopers.com

All of the developments of this device will still be posted here so always keep in touch with this thread for great news.

Cheers!
Proud member of Team MX Developers

Phone: Huawei Boulder U8850
ROM: [PROJECT] Icy Turamisu (CM7)

Phone: Alcatel One Touch S'POP 4030E
ROM: GE-ROM 1.2.2

Please click THANKS if you like my post.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to cyberangel22k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cyberangel22k
Old
(Last edited by cyberangel22k; 12th April 2013 at 06:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Default Unbrick theory...

trying the one touch upgrade utility. it wipes all data in phone and installs a fresh and latest ROM for the device. i guess this will also fix a bricked device somehow.

after this i will try to root it again using MTK tools and ap flash tools with a different idea in my mind... hope it works this time...

[EDIT] UNBRICK METHOD CONFIRMED WORKING!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyberangel22k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabinbp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default One touch Upgrade

Hello there I'm a total noob in rooting and unlocking bootloads. I just got the same phone as my first android phone and wondered how to root it and I end up here. Now I'm asking how did you get the one touch upgrade software. I've searched the whole alcatel website but I keep getting on the FAQ page. Would you be so kind to put up the link for the software because I kinda bricked my phone here. I was also wondering what speed did you use during your Bin4ry script root attempt? Normal or Special? Keep doing a good job. Thanks for having the time to look for ways to root this phone.

cyberangel22k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabinbp View Post
Hello there I'm a total noob in rooting and unlocking bootloads. I just got the same phone as my first android phone and wondered how to root it and I end up here. Now I'm asking how did you get the one touch upgrade software. I've searched the whole alcatel website but I keep getting on the FAQ page. Would you be so kind to put up the link for the software because I kinda bricked my phone here. I was also wondering what speed did you use during your Bin4ry script root attempt? Normal or Special? Keep doing a good job. Thanks for having the time to look for ways to root this phone.
I tried the normal mode as Bin4ry said that the others might brick the phone it it wasn't the right model. did you brick it using the srcipt? any way. still trying to root it and finding help from rua1 that has a great knowledge in MTK phones...
here's the link of the upgrade utiliuty... just install it and choose alcatel 4030 (if your phone is s'pop) then power of the phone remove the battery and follow the instructions on PC and wait till it says plug the phone while powered off.. plug the usb (without battery) then wait for it to detect the device. when it loads, put the battery back and wait for it to download the firmware.. it will take hours to download it.. it's about 2+gigs... good luck on unbricking.. hope it works...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyberangel22k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sabinbp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Phone unbricked :D

Many thanks for the software. My phone is now back to stock rom. for the Bin4ry I also tried Normal because I thought it was for tabs only. So MTK is the only course of action? Any news on fixing the 2 point horizontal bug? and the alcatel FAQ says there's this TCL calibration that you can activate to you know "calibrate" the touch screen. Do you also get the problem where in the stock alarm app alarms but you can't dismiss it ( I set it to crazy mode ) where you need to press 3 buttons to dismiss but still won't stop I really need to pull the battery out. Help please Thanks in advance.

cyberangel22k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabinbp View Post
Many thanks for the software. My phone is now back to stock rom. for the Bin4ry I also tried Normal because I thought it was for tabs only. So MTK is the only course of action? Any news on fixing the 2 point horizontal bug? and the alcatel FAQ says there's this TCL calibration that you can activate to you know "calibrate" the touch screen. Do you also get the problem where in the stock alarm app alarms but you can't dismiss it ( I set it to crazy mode ) where you need to press 3 buttons to dismiss but still won't stop I really need to pull the battery out. Help please Thanks in advance.
Great. So my theory really worked. Glad you unbricked it. I'm getting closer to rooting it. Just having problems flashing the cwm. Ones I managed to flash it, rooting may be successful. I use Mtk tools and flash tools and get help from rua1. Didn't use my alarm before so i'm not sure about the bug. Maybe you don't have to set it in crazy mode..

cyberangel22k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
I tried to set the alarm in crazy mode and everything works fine. Just dismiss, unlock, and tap the three buttons with numbers and your done..

cyberangel22k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Default Rooted, finally!!

I finally rooted the alcatel spop. I will make a guide maybe later how I did it...

cyberangel22k
Old
(Last edited by cyberangel22k; 18th July 2014 at 10:54 AM.) Reason: Updated Guide...
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Default [GUIDE]How to flash CWM recovery and root Alcatel One Touch S'POP 4030

How to flash CWM recovery and root Alcatel One Touch S'POP 4030X(Glory 2)

Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void. You do this in your own risk. I do not take any responsibility to your device. This will definitely brick your device which is normal but follow the right instructions to make it work again.

Credits: This is tuts would not be possible without the help from the creator of MTKdroid tools, rua1 from XDA Developers. Thank the guy for his wonderful tool. If you wanna know how I did it, go to his thread right here. I also wanna acknowledge The Solutor and rimmon1971's efforts for porting the TWRP to our device. You can find The Solutor's work here.

Requirements:
1. A windows based PC
2. MTK Droid Root & Tools & SP Flash Tool
3. Universal ADB driver
4. One Touch Upgrade S
5. Root script
6. Patience
7. Most important! Use your brain!

Important!
To make this work without errors, don't use other drivers available in the web. Just install One Touch Upgrade S first. It will install the USB VCOM preloader driver. It will be needed by the SPFT to detect the phone. Use the provided ADB driver for the MT65xx_android_phone. If ever you get stucked in an error and your device wont boot anymore, just use One Touch Upgrade and your phone will be as good as new...

Guide: CWM/TWRP recovery

1. Download MTK Droid Root & Tools & SP Flash Tools, ADB Drivers, One Touch Upgrade S, and the Root script. Extract them anywhere in your computer.

2.Install ADB driver.This step is now optional to get adb working. You can now skip to step 5 if you just want to get rooted with CWM/TWRP recovery installed.. In your phone, go to Settings>Development. Set to on and check USB debugging.

3. Connect device to PC. Driver will fail to install (thats normal). Install UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi

Note: in Windows 8, this will pop-up. do this:

4. After installing the Universal ADB driver, go to device manager of your computer. Follow the images as descirbed.

ADB commands should work now (if you have ADB installed) and you won't have any problems about MTK droid tool not detecting phone.

5. Be sure that you have already installed One Touch Upgrade S before this step. Open SP Flash tool and select the scatter file by clicking on the Scatter-loading button.

6. UNCHECK BOOT and leave RECOVERY checked. Disregard what is on the photo. There's are reports that the latest firmwares are incompatible with the uploaded patched boot.img.
Note: By default, the CWM recovery will be selected in the SP Flash tool. If you want the fully working TWRP-recovery (I recomment this because CWM recovery is not fully functional), just click RECOVERY and replace it with this file.

7. Click Download button. Click yes on the download warning. Turn off phone, remove battery and connect the phone (without battery) and wait until SP Flash tool detects the phone and watch as it flash the image.

8. If everything passes without errors, unplug the phone, reinsert battery and boot to recovery by pressing power + volume up.

9. You should boot in CWM/TWRP recovery. We are ready to flash the Superuser app to gain root.

Guide: Superuser

You can use mtk droid root and tools here. Just plug in phone to pc while still in CWM recovery. Run mtk tools, wait to detect phone, click superuser, then build.prop, then delete china. Your done. Or use the guide below if you have problems with it.
Using CWM recovery to flash superSU
1. While still on CWM recovery, plug the phone into PC again.

2. Navigate using volume up and down buttons. Press Power button to select and Back soft key to go back.

3. Select mounts and storage>mount USB storage.

4. Copy the root-glory-2-4030E.zip to your sdcard.

5. After copying, select unmount and go back.

6. Select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>root-glory-2-4030E.zip and select yes - Install root-glory-2-4030E.zip

7. It will flash the app to the system including all needed binaries. I also included the fix-permissions banary which is missing from the ROM.

8. Reboot the phone and wait. It will boot normally and no data will be lost. You will see superuser app in your app drawer. You are now rooted!:thumbsup:

Using TWRP recovery to flash superSU
1. While still on TWRP recovery,Connect the device to PC.

2. Tap mount in the screen then Mount USB storage.

3. Copy the root-glory-2-4030E.zip to your sdcard.

4. Press back on your device softkeys.

5. Tap install and select root-glory-2-4030E.zip

6. Wipe to confirm flash.

7. Reboot>System.

8 You're done.

Screenshots:

Guide to Unroot

Requirements:
1. Windows Based PC
2. SP flash tool (included in OT-4030 ROOT&CWM RECOVERY)
3. Stock recovery.img
4. Unroot script (Unroot-glory-4030E.zip)

Urooting

1. Copy Unroot-glory-4030E.zip to the root of sdcard.
2. Reboot to CWM recovery.
3. Select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>Unroot-glory-4030E.zip and select yes - Install Unroot-glory-4030E.zip
4. On your PC, Open SP flashtool and select the scatterfile.

5. Remove check on BOOTIMG and click RECOVERY and select the stock recovery.img. Click download button and disregard download warning by clicking yes.

6.Connect the phone to pc without battery. After the download finished dialog, your done!

Links:
OT-4030 ROOT&CWM RECOVERY
Universal ADB driver
One Touch Upgrade S
Root script
Unroot script
Stock recovery.img
Mirror to all files
TWRP-recovery

The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to cyberangel22k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warfab
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I get this error after #3 of CWM recovery installation:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo Duos
Nexus 7 2013

The Following User Says Thank You to warfab For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
alcatel, glory 2, one touch, s'pop, spop