FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[REF] GALAXY S4 (I9500/I9505) GSM / NON-HLOS - MODEM'S Collection (Odin/CWM/TWRP)

3,234 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,505
 
By DjeMBeY, Senior Member on 15th March 2013, 05:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st July 2013, 04:39 PM |#461  
Senior Member
Flag East Anglia - UK
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
Flashed it twice in odin and got it working! Thanks anyway.
 
 
21st July 2013, 07:34 PM |#462  
1dtms's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I'm STILL having confusion on reading the names and structure of what each letter mean.
Someone earlier linked to this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356325
But I don't think that is accurate for the Galaxy S4

For example, If we were to look at the below example using the name guide from the thread above we would get:
DXUBMF8
DX(=Region)U(=Year)B(=Month)M(=Revision)
And of course the last 2 digits are the modem revision as explained in the first post of this thread.

So than the above would translate too
REGION CODES
...
DT Australia
DX= Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
DZ Malaysia, Singapore
...

YEAR CODES
A 2001
B 2002
C 2003
...
U = 2021

MONTH CODES
A January
B= February
C March
...

REVISION CODES
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12
...
M = 22


And just looking from it, that doesn't seem right at all!
The year is 2021?
And all the other modems have revision M all the time?


Can someone explain the correct code / naming for the S4 please?
The Following User Says Thank You to 1dtms For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2013, 08:44 PM |#463  
DjeMBeY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,505
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dtms

I'm STILL having confusion on reading the names and structure of what each letter mean.
Someone earlier linked to this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1356325
But I don't think that is accurate for the Galaxy S4

For example, If we were to look at the below example using the name guide from the thread above we would get:
DXUBMF8
[b]
DX(=Region)
UA/B(=unknown code)
M(=Year)
F(=Month)
8(=Revision)



So than the above would translate too
REGION CODES
...
DT Australia
DX=(UA/B) Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
DZ Malaysia, Singapore
...

YEAR CODES
A 2001
B 2002
C 2003
...
M = 2013

MONTH CODES
A January
...
...
F= June
G= July
...

REVISION CODES

8 = 8
9 = 9
A = 10
B = 11
C = 12


Can someone explain the correct code / naming for the S4 please?

Just use your imagination...
Last edited by DjeMBeY; 21st July 2013 at 08:50 PM.
21st July 2013, 09:03 PM |#464  
MELVINUA's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
what do you think of these files for cwm

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ][/QUOTE]



post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...358007&page=15
21st July 2013, 09:52 PM |#465  
DjeMBeY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,505
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELVINUA

what do you think of these files for cwm

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_MDK.zip [MD5=167fcdd5bd57e4dc78946a63c8c69d46]

Download - modem_FLASHABLE_ME7.zip [MD5=02147307d65ea815fa9ba8d800d7aac9 ]

post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...358007&page=15

Hmmm..... There's NO such Modems for I9505...
MDK is for I9500 and ME7 doesn't even exist...
22nd July 2013, 01:44 PM |#466  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Hi!

Anyone notice any difference between modem mf8 and mga? I'm on mf8 it's the best in terms of performance and battery life for me!!

All the best,

Joao.
22nd July 2013, 04:11 PM |#467  
Senior Member
Flag East Anglia - UK
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
I'm on mg7 really working well on T-Mobile UK.

Edit - gone back to mf8. was getting an ever so slight lag on data transmission on mg7.

Anyone else had any really good versions on T-Mobile?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by benbird7; 23rd July 2013 at 10:01 AM.
24th July 2013, 08:22 PM |#468  
andreasy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banania
Thanks Meter: 515
 
More
I saw that in SanMobiles I can find specific modem for my country and carrier. Could I download and flash that one instead of those attached in the threat, given that I have custom ROM, recovery, kernel, etc.?
24th July 2013, 08:42 PM |#469  
Member
Tacoma,WA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Can anyone recommend a good modem to use in the US for Tmobile? I am actually on the M919 but the hardware is identical. I have had spotty service since getting my phone and would like to try some tinkering.
24th July 2013, 09:09 PM |#470  
DjeMBeY's Avatar
OP Senior Member
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 6,505
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy

I saw that in SanMobiles I can find specific modem for my country and carrier. Could I download and flash that one instead of those attached in the threat, given that I have custom ROM, recovery, kernel, etc.?

?? Hehe... what are you talking about?? Sammobile.com have full FWs ONLY. You can't download just a modem...
If you need one, this is the right place mate...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DjeMBeY For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2013, 09:11 PM |#471  
andreasy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Banania
Thanks Meter: 515
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjeMBeY

?? Hehe... what are you talking about?? Sammobile.com have full FWs ONLY. You can't download just a modem...
If you need one, this is the right place mate...

Oh you are correct. I noticed that afterwards. I just rashed to post before verifying.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, galaxy s4, modem baseband, odin, official
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes