Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 50,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Tip us?

mattlgroff
Old
(Last edited by mattlgroff; 15th March 2013 at 11:10 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME
Default [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT912 and DROID RAZR MAXX XT912. Do NOT use this on an XT910!

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
NetLoad
Batakang

Filesize: 480 MB (503,317,180 bytes)
MD5: A97EE9A80CA38C9D4C85FFCAB828D8F0

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh
You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean:
Code:
 1  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)
  2  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (No Data Wipe)
  3  Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss
  4  Install Safestrap 3 App by Hashcode.
Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will wipe data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's DROID RAZR 4.1 Jellybean exploit called 'RAZR Blade'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install Hashcode's App for Safestrap 3.11.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap and Djrbliss for RAZR_Blade!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Use the forums!
Owner of Batakang. Recognized Developer at XDA
The Following 77 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Broadley1
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Default Re: [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!

Matt I used your last utility for ics and loved it
Now I'm on official JB unrooted. My question is can i just skip to step 3 and go from there?
Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broadley1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadley1 View Post
Matt I used your last utility for ics and loved it
Now I'm on official JB unrooted. My question is can i just skip to step 3 and go from there?
Thanks

These aren't steps just options

Not sure what you mean

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Use the forums!

Broadley1
Old
Thanks Meter 24

Sorry, just wondering since I'm already on JB can I just do option 3 to root?
My bad for not making it clearer just not used to the lingo yet...lol

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadley1 View Post
Sorry, just wondering since I'm already on JB can I just do option 3 to root?
My bad for not making it clearer just not used to the lingo yet...lol

So long as Smart actions was not updated yeah.

heblu
Old
Thanks Meter 300
And a little love for GSM users?
Congrats!
Why so serious son?

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by heblu View Post
And a little love for GSM users?
Congrats!
GSM XT910 has more than 2 dozen different retail/carriers softwares and each software version has a different secure version. So that's not going to happen as it would be way too time consuming to make and update for that many different phones. In the Verizon XT912 there is only one carrier version to worry about thankfully.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xpsychox
Old
(Last edited by xpsychox; 22nd March 2013 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
ok... need some help.. I was on ICS, downloaded the OTA update to JB, and installed. Did the whole voodoo root keeper had the root etc. Well, that was about a week ago, and now the last 2 days, I lost my root. I found this tool, downloaded it, an ran it.. didn't have root, so i used the tool to redo my phone... but i'm still having issues.. still no root access.. tried it again.. i did the whole "smart action" things, but i still have no root.. what am i doing wrong?!

thanks in advance..!!

Edit: never mind, i figured it out myself.. did some more research online.. when you do the root, the phone needs to be connected to usb (obviously), and it has to have usb debugging enabled (again, obviously..) BUT, what i didn't see posted, nor in dan's tool, is it needs to be TAKE OUT of mass storage..i put mine as media device, and it worked just fine... thanks tho!!!!

medion
Old
(Last edited by medion; 24th March 2013 at 05:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
GSM XT910 has more than 2 dozen different retail/carriers softwares and each software version has a different secure version. So that's not going to happen as it would be way too time consuming to make and update for that many different phones. In the Verizon XT912 there is only one carrier version to worry about thankfully.

mattlgroff, you are one of the best developer for our RAZR.

Unfortunately many User in Germany lost their Root by flashing Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU. Same for Carrier Updates by O2 or Vodafone.

Also two really good developers and really active User here in this forum. They had done a lot of great work here in Germany and other European Forum. Please help and give us some Ideas to get back Root again and let our good People not go to other new Fon Modells and Forums.

Sorry for my bad english.

mattlgroff
Old
Thanks Meter 2,374

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
mattlgroff, you are one of the best developer for our RAZR.

Unfortunately many User in Germany lost their Root by flashing Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Retail.en.EU. Same for Carrier Updates by O2 or Vodafone.

Also two really good developers and really active User here in this forum. They had done a lot of great work here in Germany and other European Forum. Please help and give us some Ideas to get back Root again and let our good People not go to other new Fon Modells and Forums.

Sorry for my bad english.
Have they tried RAZR Blade? It works for the Droid 4.