[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Search This thread

Ramdanih

Jun 16, 2010
Depok
You aren't running the Utility... You are running one that was never posted and was meant for the leak not official.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I testing with all tools crated by you. Like: Unbrick XT912 JellyBean and Utility XT912 Jellybean.
But some file not flashing, such us: devtree, preinstall and boot. Always failed..

So, how to fix this problem?

My razr won't boot. And can't to start stock recovery.. :crying:

CK420

Mar 22, 2010
Staten Island, New York
Every time I run the windowsutility.bat file and press 'any key to enter' it just closes with nothing following it. I have done everything as far as the instructions go; updated drivers, USB debugging, not used as mass storage, the works. Does anyone have any info that could help me?

I hate having this damn thing not rooted. :crying:

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
Ok huge problem after using option 1 from the utility on windows64 BIT upgrading from gingerbread on xt912, the phones graphics starts bugging out acting all weird bottom half of phone screen gets all these weird white text images. Anyone know what is happening?

Sent from my XT910 using xda premium

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Ok huge problem after using option 1 from the utility on windows64 BIT upgrading from gingerbread on xt912, the phones graphics starts bugging out acting all weird bottom half of phone screen gets all these weird white text images. Anyone know what is happening?

Its gotta be a hardware problem. If the files were not 100% incorrupt they wouldn't have passed bootloader verification.

Crumplet

Sep 20, 2012
Google Pixel 4 XL
To bad I just bought the thing from Craigslist for 90 usd, cause I don't have root on my xt910. I am unhappy, money wasted. I smashed the xt912 against the wall. YAY

Hairo The Blue Mage

Jul 1, 2011
Moca
So, if i already have the rooted jb update, but screwed up something deleting the bloatware, can i use this to get the stock unrooted jb rom?

mstrpeter

Jun 11, 2010
after trying to use this on a droid 4, running step 1 I got a "INFOpreflash verification failure"
then I was met with "waiting for phone to reboot"
and the phone went completely and utterly dead, no response from anything!
please help, this is a phone I was rooting for a co worker, I have a galaxy nexus (life is so much easier) and this locked bootloader crap that Motorola is pushing is complete crap :(

I'm tried researching, but all I can find is the simulated battery pull and it's not working

thanks for the help in advance :)

Nealio

Apr 11, 2008
i have some problems with this.. i had the motorola droid razr xt912 with gingerbride and now i used this and the phone have artifacts and blinks a lot!! i cant use it like that and i dont know what to do now!! pls help...

I'm having the same issue. I have a fully functional droid that wouldn't take an OTA update, I ran option 1 to wipe data, and now I have large artifacts all over the bottom half of my screen. I've since re-run the proceedure 4 times, and each time it changes the color of the artifacts slightly, but they never quite go away. I've wiped the cache, and completed factory resets.

granadier

I'm having the same issue. I have a fully functional droid that wouldn't take an OTA update, I ran option 1 to wipe data, and now I have large artifacts all over the bottom half of my screen. I've since re-run the proceedure 4 times, and each time it changes the color of the artifacts slightly, but they never quite go away. I've wiped the cache, and completed factory resets.

i've solved the problem.. just download the origuinal frimeware of android 4.1.2 and flash it.. now all is working correctly....

Nealio

Apr 11, 2008
i've solved the problem.. just download the origuinal frimeware of android 4.1.2 and flash it.. now all is working correctly....

I've been trying to figure out how to do this, and I'm having no immediate luck. Looking at the about screen of my device, it says I am on Android Version 4.1.2, Build number 9.8.20-70_VZW-16.

Should I be on a newer version than 4.1.2 if I used the 1.9 utility?

Last edited:
Reactions: andrewrvincent

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Ive been trying to figure out that what is the difference between this utility and the FZX file that your flash thru RSD Lite?

aqhilles

Oct 29, 2011
BumF_Egypt
Rooting fails on mine. After doing the SmartActions step, I got the output below.
Any thoughts?

[*] Press enter here once you have completed the above steps.
Press any key to continue . . .
449 KB/s (3477 bytes in 0.007s)
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists
[*] Rebooting device...
[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.
[*] Phase four...
2495 KB/s (543080 bytes in 0.212s)
3165 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.576s)
3081 KB/s (476557 bytes in 0.151s)
3121 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.019s)
[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
[*] Rebooting...
[*] Exploit complete!

Hit ENTER to return.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DroidRazrUtilityLogo.png
    This is ONLY for the DROID RAZR XT912 and DROID RAZR MAXX XT912. Do NOT use this on an XT910!

DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean
    Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
    Dev-Host
    NetLoad
    Batakang

Filesize: 480 MB (503,317,180 bytes)
    MD5: A97EE9A80CA38C9D4C85FFCAB828D8F0

- Windows Instructions
    Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
    Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
    Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

YOrlfVS.png

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
    Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
    Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
    Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
    Code:
    cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean:
    Code:
     1  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)
      2  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (No Data Wipe)
      3  Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss
      4  Install Safestrap 3 App by Hashcode.

Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will wipe data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's DROID RAZR 4.1 Jellybean exploit called 'RAZR Blade'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled.

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install Hashcode's App for Safestrap 3.11.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap and Djrbliss for RAZR_Blade!
    Solved

Ok been a while since I played on the site after dumping my G-tablet, but decided to take the plunge and root my razr. It has been rooted since the early x-mas release but for some reason root checker says I'm not rooted, as well as SU won't update and super Su says I don't have root access. BUT TB says I do. SO I grabbed the utility and ran step 3 and it failed. Tried it again and failed again. keep getting access denied on the pushed files. Now...my battery was 80%. DOES it have to be at 100% even though it's plugged in and charging. Would really like to get my root back without wiping my data, but if I have to....i have to.

For those already on the OTA. the OP instructions are a liitle off. Found this in another thread.

Ok... here is what I have...

Because the Razor_Blade uses the Smart Actions exploit you must follow the directions with a few adjustments.

1. Enable Smart Actions on your phone from "Manage Applications" from the home screen.
    2. Uninstall ANY updates and clear ALL data and cache from Smart Actions.
    3. Enter Smart Actions, Get Started>Next
    4. Select Battery Saver Mode and Enable
    5. Save and exit to your homescreen
    NOTE: This step is part of the root process but do this BEFORE connecting your phone to the USB.

6. Connect your phone to USB and enable Debugging Mode
    7. DO NOT USE MASS STORAGE MODE, Select Camera Mode instead from USB Connections
    8. Click run.bat and begin.
    9. When you get to the point where you are instructed to go into Smart Actions (I think Phase 3) and do the steps above (steps 1 - 5) and afterwards enter any key to continue.... GO AHEAD AND JUST HIT ANY KEY.... DO NOT GO BACK INTO SMART ACTIONS.
    10. Root should continue process of rooting and rebooting without issue.
    Matt I used your last utility for ics and loved it:D
    Now I'm on official JB unrooted. My question is can i just skip to step 3 and go from there?
    Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda app-developers app
    I think its amazing that the support for this phone is still available. I have been an exclusive MOTO Android user since the first Droid XT855 came out. I quickly learned how to root and test the new roms , Ireally enjoyed the tweaks, and little improvements that the people of higher intellect figured out for the rest of us.
    I have been using a RAZR since it first came out I believe in 2011, and then later in 2012 picked up the RAZR MAXX because of the battery issues on the RAZR. I had no idea at the time that I would still be using these phones 4 years later.

I had a lot of fun playing around and tweaking these things but with the advent of the locked bootloader I kind of got weary of the countless hours of study required to customize the phone without bricking it. Well I finally bricked my RAZR MAXX one night, and had to go through pure hell tyring to get setup to use RSD Lite and then to join two seperate downloads together with a file compiler. This required 13-15 hours of study for my limited intelect, but I finally got the phone back up and running.

Well I bricked my RAZR MAXX again last night, and paid the price for doing so, because after being out of the tinker phase for a couple of years I had to study and search and study and search for a recovery. I found a newer copy of RSD Light, downloaded and even tried using and old original RAZR firmware file to no avail. I am a member at Android Forums and have been for a very long time, and what I discovered in the last 24 hours is that factory Software on this old phone is getting harder to find. Well I remembered that I had some success with finding and learning about reliable info from the members at XDA-Developers in the past. So here I am, and I am quite pleased that Matts, and Dans reflash tool has saved the day for me, I honestly thought that I had really bricked the crap out of my phone to the point of not being able to recover.

So some of you are probably wondering, "how did I brick my phone"? Well I really wanted to try and upgrade to Loli Pop 4.4.4 or higher as my banking app no longer allows me to make OTA Deposits. The message I got said that the security was insufficient on Jelly Bean 4.2.1.

Without going into all the lengthy details, I'll cut right to the chase and confess that I was to damn lazy to to do sufficient research to find one of the many available methods that are out there to achieve this task, and I regretfully had a determination not to do things over the computer. Which could have insured safety and allowed me to have good back ups.

The main screw up on my end was that I had rooted OTA through an app at the market, and downloaded safe strap, and it wasn't working properly. For example when I would reboot the phone it didn't boot through safe strap as it should. So I tried to delete safe strap and some remnants of the old 3.11 version that was still showing up in some files, In the process of doing that I thought I was wiping the dalvik cache, and the ram cache. I actually totally wiped the system and data on my phone and like a dumb ass rebooted it, without booting into recovery. Then I found that the two back ups I had put on my EXT-SD card couldn't be used. I could see the file but when I went to select it the recovery would jump up a level each time. I think that I will put a couple of back ups in the internal SD card next time, as well as some working back ups on my computer. The bottom line on tinkering with these phones is you must do things exactly the way successful people have done their mods in order to expect the same results that they get.

Well I'm sure that you guys are tired of hearing me jabber on. But I do want to give a big shout out to Matt,Dan, others who make the Android Community a great group of people. And to tell you that I'm really grateful that you still have the downloads for the older phones available. Matt I saw your website and that is my next stop. I'm out of work at the moment but have every intention of making a donation as soon as I can. Thank you very much for providing a reliable work around for re-flashing and modding bricked phones.
    Did you make one of these for XT926? Thanks in advance!!!

Yup. You can find all my work on http://batakang.com/