Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,728 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Announcing XDAtools: a complete new ROM-image toolset

Tip us?

Peter Poelman
Old
Retired Administrator - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Announcing XDAtools: a complete new ROM-image toolset

We've finally replaced XDArit and created something much friendlier and much more powerful...

XDAtools

XDAtools is a set of tools that deal with the ROM of your device. As you may know, your little device actually contains two computers, one being a PDA and the other doing all the telephone functions. Presently, XDAtools deals with the ROM of the PDA side of your device only, it does not allow you to do anything to do with phone ROM upgrades (which are also called 'Radio Stack Upgrades' or RSU).

Using the OS Image Tool that is part of XDAtools you can read the Operating System ROM image from the flash-ROM memory of your device to your harddisk, and put another OS image in your device. All of this can be done without using SD-cards for transport. This set of tools will replace our previous tool XDArit as the means of moving ROM images to and from SD-cards, should you want or need to use SD-cards and the bootloader as the means of getting a ROM image in or out of your device. You can even read and write images to and from bootloader SD-cards through ActiveSync while your device still has its OS running.

Start the osimagetool with the argument "--register" to create file associations that will allow you to perform useful actions straight from Windows Explorer.

Also included is a tool to replace a bootloader without ever even leaving the Operating System.

Please note: To be completely functional, the XDAtools would need inclusion of some files from HTC's "Programme A" upgrade package, as well as a v5.15 bootloader image if you want to be able to fix bootloaders. All instructions to do this, as well as README files for the tools and all the sourcecode are in the zip.

Click here to download the latest version (without the extra files needed for flashing to the device directly and for fixing a bootloader)
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Poelman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zviratko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
AWESOME work!!!
Just one small issue - when selecting file as a target, the suffix is not added automaticaly - i got slightly confused :) I had to add .nb1 by hand
Zviratko

OCMAX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default XDAtools

I would like to THANKS TO ALL THE XDA DEVELOPERS TEAMS for the contribution of Times, research, effort and helpful tools that had help a lot of XDA user.

Sorry for my bad english.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

van
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You are the FIRST
AMAZING :shock:
Thanks
Van
The Following User Says Thank You to van For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

othman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Great developers and great forum

Well done, keep it up

Thanks

Othman

lantronix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Good Works

Hi,

Good works for XDA Dev Team. I still confused to use this tools.
SOURCE : from new NK.nbf file we want to upgrade on my device
Destination : what we chose ? device memory

i read on your README File, we just put all Programe A content and bootloader_V5_15.nbo to binaries folder. And if we want to ugrade from PPC 2002 to PPC 2003 we just change the NK.nbf file on the binaries/english

Add to /binaries:

"bootloader_v5_15.nb0"
"Programme A.exe"

Add to /binaries/English:

"CLoader_serial.nb"
"CLoader_usb.nb"
"GetConnectionType.dll"
"NK.nbf"
"remote_flash.exe"
"SetSystemTime.dll"

Please tell me if im wrong because i don't want made the second mistake, and sorry for my english

Thanks

Sandy.M

rpc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
To All XDA-Dev. Great Job!!!! :lol: it is a very nice tool, I can even backup my OS even my XDA is still running, no need for messy booting, inserting/removing SD card. i have only one question, Does it copy also the program I already installed in the XDA or it copy only the files in the ROM?

More power to XDA-Developers. :twisted:

Ronnie

Peter Poelman
Old
Retired Administrator - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default Re: Good Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantronix
Add to /binaries/English:

"CLoader_serial.nb"
"CLoader_usb.nb"
"GetConnectionType.dll"
"NK.nbf"
"remote_flash.exe"
"SetSystemTime.dll"
Whoops, NK.nbf should not be in this list. I'll fix that...

Jeff Summers
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Here's XDAtools including all the missing files:

http://cuba.calyx.nl/~jsummers/XDA/XDAtools-Jeff.exe

Zviratko
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey Jeff, you aren't afraid of BSA, are you? :)))
Zviratko