finally made some headway
I updated the Android SDK Tools to the latest version with some updated API's and Google usb drivers.
ACTION = RESULT
1) booted to COTR = mount usb storage which came up as "kindle" with access to folders
2) unmounted and tried to mount the system folder = showed up as android composite device in the "safe to remove hardware" dialog
3) rebooted my rom (android debugging enabled) = showed up as android composite device in the "safe to remove hardware" dialog
4) connected device (android debugging disabled) = didnt show up anywhere
Originally Posted by menriquez
I spent two hours yesterday fighting this and other issues...I eventually got the drivers to work so I can confirm 100% that install_drivers.bat DOES work...have you checked your antivirus and/or firewall to make sure they aren't blocking installation or something? just an idea...
Just because it works for you doesnt mean they work 100% for everyone, in every environment.While yes theres a very small chance a antivirus and/or firewall could block them. Neither are blocking any driver install. Do you have any suggestions for a more localized search closer to the actual drivers, driver installation .ini's .dlls or device ids? Seems like it would be better to check those than to just randomly start rooting around in other computer processes that arent directly related to the actual device
Originally Posted by redbean25
They do work. That error you are seeing about the install failing is because you have not disabled Windows Driver Signing. Once you disable that, then install them. They will work.
No they do not work once you disable it.I know about "Windows Driver Signing" Ive enabled and even re-enabled it.same problem.Im not the only one, there are dozens of other people in other forums and threads here that have the same issue.So then that means these drivers / or the .bat file is not universal enough to be used on a wide range of systems