Full Phone Function Flyer on Honeycomb

Search This thread

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
I just got a HTC Flyer GSM/WIFI 32gig from a buddy. Tho its a year old its condition is like new and i was amazed by the battery life, Its on stock Honeycomb Hboot 1.11.0011. Like the flyer but only problem is when I insert the sim card I could only use my data and sms but no voice call:(

So 1st thing as usual, when I get a new device, is to head over to XDA . After hours of search, same answer I got, downgrade to GB, S off then I can enable the phone function or alternatively, unlock bootloader root and install custom roms which had the function. As I like the stock HC and also because this is an obsolete device, developers are not so active. So this is what I did to get full function phone on the stock HC.

I unlock with HTCdev,( had problem with submitting token,copy and paste keep getting error (done at least 6 phones no problem) so I finally type in manually and got it unlock, rooted (mainly to get rid of bloatware too-saves battery)

Thanks to @clubtech, I use root explorer to copy 2 'buildprop files, one to external sd and other to internal storage (just incase i need to revert)
I then use my pc to edit the file in internal storage :
ro.ril.reject.cs.ss.enabled=0
ro.ril.reject.mo.ussd.enabled=1
ro.phone.function=1

For bluetooth headset:
ro.bt.profiles = 4270403
service.brcm.bt.ag.supported=1

I then copy the edited file and paste it in system and override the original buildprop file, Reboot.
Went to playstore to try a couple of daillers, one was ok but i could call but incoming the screen freezes and the next one says my device does not support telephony. I uninstalled them and use the stock phone and after a couple of more reboots viola it works. You can even use yr own ringtone:D Though this is an old device this might still help a couple of guys. Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: bachiroza

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
R: Full Phone Function Flyer on Honeycomb

I already tried and edited the build.prop as you suggested but Bluetooth headphones can't connect while Bluetooth audio works fine. So I'm back to Gingerbread, sadly no custom Honeycomb ROM offers working bt headphones and there are no devs still active on Honeycomb roms. You said you had stock rooted Honeycomb ROM and you enabled both gsm phone calls capability and Bluetooth headphones profile, can you confirm that?

Inviato dal mio HTC Flyer P512 con Tapatalk 2

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
I already tried and edited the build.prop as you suggested but Bluetooth headphones can't connect while Bluetooth audio works fine. So I'm back to Gingerbread, sadly no custom Honeycomb ROM offers working bt headphones and there are no devs still active on Honeycomb roms. You said you had stock rooted Honeycomb ROM and you enabled both gsm phone calls capability and Bluetooth headphones profile, can you confirm that?

I will get the phone back from my nephew this weekend then i will install this rom and test. I did not not test on BT only on the wired earpiece and also without earpiece mic and speaker all work well. Ex dialer is good and screen timeout toggle takes care of the 15sec sleep. Basically this flyer is a full function phone so will test the BT fully this weekend and let u know. Cheers

Reactions: teorouge

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento

Thanks, this is much appreciated. I'm impressed you get the 15-secs-screen-timeout bug even on a stock ROM, now I'm curious if you also tried installing MANY APPS (at least more than 100) and see if sd-card-installed apps actually stick after a reboot, and if you can actually hit a limit for installed apps (on HC I never got to have more than let's say 125, while on GB and ICS I never had this limit).
I mean, I thought these were custom Rom related issues, not stock! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ndmuni

ndmuni

Sep 16, 2011
Though i m not very optimistic as others would ve tried it long before, i will play around with it this weekend and see if there's anything i can do. cheers

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento

This is the fact: every HC ROM with activated phone functionality comes from an obscure Chinese ROM base (LeeDroid's first, so Coolexe's and the others which are based on LeeDroid) and suffer the same bugs, I just don't know if those bugs are present in a stock Rom with enabled phone. Thanks if you can help shed some light.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda app-developers app

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
This is the fact: every HC ROM with activated phone functionality comes from an obscure Chinese ROM base (LeeDroid's first, so Coolexe's and the others which are based on LeeDroid) and suffer the same bugs, I just don't know if those bugs are present in a stock Rom with enabled phone. Thanks if you can help shed some light.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using xda app-developers app

I got over the 15 second timeout using the intelliscreen app from market. It can use the accelerometer to detect the position and stay on. Also I have found a screen on app that will wake the device if the screen does blank.

Can you use Bluetooth calls on GB? which Rom? I see your sig says Max128Droid but BT did not work for me ..... reflashing to test ..... Reflashed GB BT does not work for me!

Thanks

Last edited:

jprednik

Dec 5, 2011
Velenje
BT voice calls work on GB roms; like Max'es. And it does not work on ANY HC Rom. Period. Next generation roms with Dexters OneXXL is yet last one where BT calls wark via BT for SOME bt headsets not all.

Reactions: copperdawgnc

copperdawgnc

Jul 21, 2010
Charlotte NC USA
BT voice calls work on GB roms; like Max'es. And it does not work on ANY HC Rom. Period. Next generation roms with Dexters OneXXL is yet last one where BT calls wark via BT for SOME bt headsets not all.

I am continuing to search for a Rom or combination that allows full phone support. I discovered yesterday that ICS shooter rom worked with bluetooth for me, would appreciate if we could list the various roms that you have tried and what features worked/didn't work.

I have attached an XLS of my findings so far but am looking at modifying build.props and swapping APK's to see what happens.

I am late to the flyer (had an Evo but swapped to the flyer for the Sim) so do not have any history and many roms are unavailable.

I thought the Bluetooth problem was a kernel issue I am no doubting this as Roms with the same kernel behave differently.

Attachments

• ROMS2.xls
    34.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Reactions: teorouge

aranchelas

Jul 26, 2009
help please!!!!!

I just got a HTC Flyer GSM/WIFI 32gig from a buddy. Tho its a year old its condition is like new and i was amazed by the battery life, Its on stock Honeycomb Hboot 1.11.0011. Like the flyer but only problem is when I insert the sim card I could only use my data and sms but no voice call:(

So 1st thing as usual, when I get a new device, is to head over to XDA . After hours of search, same answer I got, downgrade to GB, S off then I can enable the phone function or alternatively, unlock bootloader root and install custom roms which had the function. As I like the stock HC and also because this is an obsolete device, developers are not so active. So this is what I did to get full function phone on the stock HC.

I unlock with HTCdev,( had problem with submitting token,copy and paste keep getting error (done at least 6 phones no problem) so I finally type in manually and got it unlock, rooted (mainly to get rid of bloatware too-saves battery)

Thanks to @clubtech, I use root explorer to copy 2 'buildprop files, one to external sd and other to internal storage (just incase i need to revert)
ro.phone.function=1

For bluetooth headset:
ro.bt.profiles = 4270403

I then copy the edited file and paste it in system and override the original buildprop file, Reboot.
Went to playstore to try a couple of daillers, one was ok but i could call but incoming the screen freezes and the next one says my device does not support telephony. I uninstalled them and use the stock phone and after a couple of more reboots viola it works. You can even use yr own ringtone:D Though this is an old device this might still help a couple of guys. Cheers

Hi! I´d like to use my flyer as phone as well.
It´s a HBoot 1.11.0011 unlocked by the htc site.
Now, how did u root it? Can you please share the programs or codes. I´ve checked some other posts and files are not available any more...
Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ro.phone.function=1

For bluetooth headset:
    ro.bt.profiles = 4270403

I will get the phone back from my nephew this weekend then i will install this rom and test. I did not not test on BT only on the wired earpiece and also without earpiece mic and speaker all work well. Ex dialer is good and screen timeout toggle takes care of the 15sec sleep. Basically this flyer is a full function phone so will test the BT fully this weekend and let u know. Cheers

Thanks, this is much appreciated. I'm impressed you get the 15-secs-screen-timeout bug even on a stock ROM, now I'm curious if you also tried installing MANY APPS (at least more than 100) and see if sd-card-installed apps actually stick after a reboot, and if you can actually hit a limit for installed apps (on HC I never got to have more than let's say 125, while on GB and ICS I never had this limit).
    I mean, I thought these were custom Rom related issues, not stock! :)

I am continuing to search for a Rom or combination that allows full phone support. I discovered yesterday that ICS shooter rom worked with bluetooth for me, would appreciate if we could list the various roms that you have tried and what features worked/didn't work.

I have attached an XLS of my findings so far but am looking at modifying build.props and swapping APK's to see what happens.

I am late to the flyer (had an Evo but swapped to the flyer for the Sim) so do not have any history and many roms are unavailable.

I thought the Bluetooth problem was a kernel issue I am no doubting this as Roms with the same kernel behave differently.