[IMP][GINGERBREAD]FAQ's All ROMS, MODS[UPDATED]
FAQ & Troubleshooting
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
If you have any queries or doubts regarding Ace Plus Post Here I will Help You.
This Thread will provide you all the information in case you face any problem.
Ask Your questions here without any worries beacuse :
"The More You Ask, More You get to Learn"
WARNING : EVERYTHING ONLY FOR GINGERBREAD
>>Things You Need To Know Before Flashing Any Rom
Before Flashing Any Rom Be Sure That You Are Fully Prepared:
- See that the Ace Plus is Rooted. If not then Go Here
- Also Install CWM Recovery.
- Make Sure That the Rom is Compatible with Phone Model.
- If You Brick Device Then Developers Will not be Responsible.
- Make Sure that You are Flashing Rom on your Own Risk.
>>Revert back to Gingerbread Rom after Flashing CM10
If you Love your Ace Plus
If you want to Revert back to Gingerbread Rom after Flashing CM10 the follow this Precaution. If you don't do this you will Lose your dear Ace Plus(Super Shiny Hard Brick):
- Open the Gingerbread Rom with 7-zip.
- Check whether the rom is Lite Package(Contains only some System Folders with required files)
or Full Package (Includes all the System Files & Folders present in Stock Rom)
- Don't flash Lite Package Rom Directly. First Flash a Full Package Rom and then Flash Lite Package Rom.
- Check whether it has boot.img inside it.
- If not then place boot.img from a GB Rom which has boot.img
- Now Flash Any Gingerbread Rom you Want.
>>Preventing MD5 Sums Mismatch Error while Restoring Backup
MD5 Sums mismatch error occurs usually when the backup is corrupted.
To prevent his just follow the precaution given below:
- Take a Nandroid Backup
- After backup is completed go to backup&restore>advance restore (to save time)
- Select the backup you just created
- Select advance restore cache
- Now if everything goes right then the backup was successful.
>>Root Access Lost Suddenly
It may happen very rarely that root access is lost. To get back root access just follow these steps:
- Download SuperSu and copy to SD card
- Boot into CWM
- Flash SuperSU
>>Location & Security Force Close
If you delete Samsungservice.apk from /system/app then you will get FC in Location & Security.
and copy it to /system/app/here
>>Adding BusyBox & Init.d Support to Any Rom
If your Stock Rom or any Custom Rom doesnot have Busyox or Init.d Support the follow this:
- Download Busybox.zip
- Copy it to SD card
- Boot into CWM
- Now flash the Zip
>>White/Black Screen Fade Issue When Installing Rom
If you are getting White screen fade issue try this.
- CWM backup of your working Gingerbread Stock Rom.
- Any working Gingerbread Based Custom Rom
- Flash Custom Rom
- Don't reboot.
- Goto backup & restore > advance restore
- Restore only boot image of Working Stock Gingerbread Rom
- Now Reboot.
- 7-zip for windows.
- Galaxy ace plus GT-S7500 only.
- Stock Rom of your region or country.
- Do not use winrar it will corrupt zip
- Download Rom, Your stock rom, and 7-zip.
- Get boot.img from your Stock Rom.
- Open Inspiration Rom with 7-zip.
- Replace the boot.img inside Inspiration Rom with Boot.img of Stock rom.
- After it is replaced copy Inspiration rom to your sd card.
- Boot CWM, Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache.
- Install zip from sd card.
>>Precautions To Be Taken For Triangle Away & Reset Binary Counter
Please Follow This Guide For Triange Away:
- Read Original Post Carefully Before Going Further
- Chainfire's Super SU.(Download)
- Triangle Away App.(Download From Here)
- Make Nandroid Backup.
- Flash Chainfire SuperSU in CWM
- Install Triangle Away App.
- Now Select Reset Flash Counter.
- After Reboot The Phone will be temporarily unrooted for 5-7 mins So be patient.
Credits to Chainfire
Don't Forget to Hit Thanks in Original Post
>>Installed Apps Are Not Displayed in Google Play Store
If You Are Not Able to See Your Installed Apps on Play Store Follow this.
- Go to Settings>Manage Apps.
- Go to All Apps.
- Find & Select Play Store.
- Clear Cache & Clear Data.
- If Installed Apps are not Displayed then Reboot Phone
- Now You Can See Installed Apps.
If it doesn't work for first time then try again 3-5 times. It will definitely work.
>>Enable Android Device Manager for Security (Recommended)
This is the latest feature that Google has added to Google Play Service and most of the users are not aware about it.
Everytime you install a new rom, login, and carry on your work but you forget to Enable this feature.
It is highly recommended
for users to keep it enabled.
What it does?
Using this feature you can Remotely wipe your device, ring your device. This feature can erase your important information such as contacts, messages and other information in case your device gets Stolen.
How do I enable it?
- Go to Settings > Location & Security
- Scroll Down and Select Device Administrators
- There you will See that Android Device Manager is Unchecked.
- Now tap on Check Android Device Manager
- Now Select Activate (See Image)
- Thats it you have now enabled it.
>>Battery Bug & Overheating
If you find Battery Bug with your device don't use any app from Play Store to fix it because it will make it even more dangerous.
Follow this Safety Battery Calibration Process :
- Charge your phone till 100% and Unplug Charger.
- If after charging the percentage falls immediately to 98,97,96.....% then plug charger again.
- This time don't unplug your phone after it reaches 100%.
- Switch OFF your phone keeping the Charger ON.
- Don't Unplug Charger after the phone Switches OFF.
- Let the Phone Show 100% Charged then Unplug Charger.
- Take out the battery and leave your phone as it is for at least 30 Minutes.
- Now plug the battery IN again and restart phone.
- Now wou will see that the battery is 99% Charged.
- Don't Charge your phone after this.
- Charge your phone only when you reach to low battery level after all the above is done.
- Now the Battery is Caliberated.
Same applies to Overheating
>>Some Useful Advices
Advice 1(USB Debugging):
After installing any rom please go to settings and enable USB Debugging. There are some root apps which require it to be enabled.
If you do not enable it then you will have it face Force Close in that Root apps.
If you are using CM10 and want to revert back to gingerbread rom then do not do it directly. Open the gingerbread rom and check whether it has boot.img inside it or not.
Follow the procedure given above Reverting back to ginger bread rom.
Wipe Cache and Dalvik cache from time to time for removing junk from your phone. Also perform it after installing any Mod.
This will also help you to keep your phone Healthy and also fix some Force Close Issues.
Advice 4(Triangle Away):
Use Triangle Away & Binary Counter Reset At your own risk. Developer will not be responsible for any Damages caused to your device.
Always Make a Nandroid Backup in CWM before doing anything like Flashing Rom, Flashing Mods, Playing With System Files,
Flashing Kernels etc. In case something goes wrong.
Advice 6(Be Prepared):
Always keep a CWM backup of your Rooted Stock Rom before flashing any Custom Rom.
Store your backup in some safe place. So that when JB update comes you can restore it before flashing Official Jelly Bean