Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

htc one matches macbook pro design

Tip us?

paravorheim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default htc one matches macbook pro design

I was reading a review of the HTC One (I know, I'm behind) and I came to the realization that the design of the HTC One nicely matches the design of my Retina Macbook Pro. It has the same white aluminum design, speaker grilles are the same type, and white accents match the ports and other white accents of the Macbook. Compare these:

It makes me wonder why there isn't a very consistent design ethos with Apple's products, I feel like it would be really cool if they kept the same design cues.

Dr Doppio
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paravorheim View Post
I was reading a review of the HTC One (I know, I'm behind) and I came to the realization that the design of the HTC One nicely matches the design of my Retina Macbook Pro. It has the same white aluminum design, speaker grilles are the same type, and white accents match the ports and other white accents of the Macbook. Compare these:

It makes me wonder why there isn't a very consistent design ethos with Apple's products, I feel like it would be really cool if they kept the same design cues.
I think you're reading too much into it; both devices use aluminium and speakers have a grid of holes to allow for passage of sound.

There's nothing cool about "keeping design cues" across companies -- only leads to litigation and overall aggravation.

xXxG0dzRAgexXx
Old
Thanks Meter 258
I think its pretty nice to be rocking all aluminum devices. Aluminum is just so nice looking. The only reason I would ever want a Macbook would be because of the build quality. I like my custom PC though, and don't really have the need to carry around a laptop. If I did though it would probably be a macbook. Either that or an expensive Asus since they also have some nice aluminum style laptops/ultrabooks for high prices. Maybe one day. :P

paravorheim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Doppio View Post
I think you're reading too much into it; both devices use aluminium and speakers have a grid of holes to allow for passage of sound.

There's nothing cool about "keeping design cues" across companies -- only leads to litigation and overall aggravation.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. For that, I apologize. I meant that it would be cool if Apple kept design cues across its own entire line, not between separate companies' products.

paravorheim
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxG0dzRAgexXx View Post
I think its pretty nice to be rocking all aluminum devices. Aluminum is just so nice looking. The only reason I would ever want a Macbook would be because of the build quality. I like my custom PC though, and don't really have the need to carry around a laptop. If I did though it would probably be a macbook. Either that or an expensive Asus since they also have some nice aluminum style laptops/ultrabooks for high prices. Maybe one day. :P
The problem I have with ASUS laptops is that their touchpads were always so finicky. Although, I really do want one of their touchscreen ultrabooks. My rMBP is pretty good in terms of performance and battery life, plus the screen is downright gorgeous.

discomega
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have been an iphone user since 3gs. Had all models except the iphone 5 which was a great dissapointment. I expected a radikal design change and got...meh. Design like the HTC One was more or less what I expected from iphone 5 but never got. And also the fact that IOS has looked the same since my 3gs back in 2009 made me switch to Android.

This was what I was expecting from iphone5: http://www.inrumor.com/in/technology...liant-concept/

Doesnt matter now, HTC One looks great. Cant wait to get it . Dont really know what I meant by above rambling except that I agrees that it looks like macbook pro design

compact_bijou
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Quote:
I was reading a review of the HTC One (I know, I'm behind) and I came to the realization
that the design of the HTC One nicely matches the design of my Retina Macbook Pro.
Another Apple product design ...which directly references (rips off) most of Dieter Rams' designs for Braun in the 1960's

But Apple will most probably still try to sue HTC
HTC One - Silver

htc fan89
Old
Thanks Meter 201

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: htc one matches macbook pro design

Quote:
Originally Posted by compact_bijou View Post
Another Apple product design ...which directly references (rips off) most of Dieter Rams' designs for Braun in the 1960's

But Apple will most probably still try to sue HTC
Don't think apple will sue HTC they made a deal or something
Asus transformer tf300 torch red()
unbranded htc one m8(sexy)

Vertron
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Default Re: htc one matches macbook pro design

Quote:
I was reading a review of the HTC One (I know, I'm behind) and I came to the realization that the design of the HTC One nicely matches the design of my Retina Macbook Pro. It has the same white aluminum design, speaker grilles are the same type, and white accents match the ports and other white accents of the Macbook.
Oh dear. This means Apple might sue HTC for copying if the HTC One is successful.

glumardok
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default AW: htc one matches macbook pro design

Dosen't Apple sue every successful competitor - irrespective of the prospects?

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to glumardok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]