Galaxy S4 laggy?

OP snapple232

21st March 2013, 09:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

86 posts
I was watching some hands on videos of the S4 and was pretty disappointed to see that the interface is laggy in some areas and overall less than perfectly smooth. There's absolutely no excuse for it considering how powerful the hardware is, and shows that Samsung's priorities are all wrong (throwing in a hundred random new features but neglecting the basics of the user experience). But I've seen some comments saying those were just pre-production units. Is that just a fanboy excuse or can we really expect to see a major improvement in smoothness by launch? Is there lag on the Galaxy S3 for anyone who's owned one? UI lag is my biggest pet peeve, and that alone is making me consider the HTC One for the first time despite the S4 beating it in almost everything else.
21st March 2013, 10:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 359

1,163 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have noticed in some S3 vs HTC One videos, that the S3 took considerably longer time to show the homescreen when leaving an app by pressing the home button. In some videos I think I might have seen the same thing on the S4. Maybe it's TouchWiz, maybe it's just that the device is not final or so many other apps were open in the background.
The Following User Says Thank You to Closed Source Project For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2013, 10:06 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Re: Galaxy S4 laggy?
Wait for reviews of final hardware.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using xda premium
21st March 2013, 10:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 187

425 posts
Samsungs Launcher software was always a master on being laggy. Especially at the first releases. But after a few updates this lags flew out.
It will be the same on the S4.
The Following User Says Thank You to pikatchu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2013, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,000

2,448 posts
Donate to Me
Every hands on I've seen so far seems fine to me. If there is any 'lag' going to homescreen, it's because of Touchwiz waiting for that hold or double press for voice control. (Can't remember which it is.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Baldilocks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2013, 10:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 348

537 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapple232

I was watching some hands on videos of the S4 and was pretty disappointed to see that the interface is laggy in some areas and overall less than perfectly smooth. There's absolutely no excuse for it considering how powerful the hardware is, and shows that Samsung's priorities are all wrong (throwing in a hundred random new features but neglecting the basics of the user experience). But I've seen some comments saying those were just pre-production units. Is that just a fanboy excuse or can we really expect to see a major improvement in smoothness by launch? Is there lag on the Galaxy S3 for anyone who's owned one? UI lag is my biggest pet peeve, and that alone is making me consider the HTC One for the first time despite the S4 beating it in almost everything else.

Bad software to blame.
An octa-core has no excuse.
The Following User Says Thank You to Livebyte For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2013, 11:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1,111

1,452 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livebyte

Bad software to blame.
An octa-core has no excuse.

Beta software to blame.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoneXDA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2013, 11:29 PM   |  #8  
Flag The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 359

1,163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneXDA

Beta software to blame.

+1
21st March 2013, 11:47 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 273

1,633 posts
my note 2 is lag free so there's absolutely no reason for the gs4 to lag with either cpu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boodies For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2013, 11:57 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 172

1,571 posts
More
Re: Galaxy S4 laggy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks

Every hands on I've seen so far seems fine to me. If there is any 'lag' going to homescreen, it's because of Touchwiz waiting for that hold or double press for voice control. (Can't remember which it is.)

This is the reason, that's why the S Voice double press option gets disabled straight away

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread