Google, get your theming figured out!

Search This thread
A

ace7196

I am soo sick of having HOLO UI pushed out by Google when they don't even follow it!
The apps are just as bad with different color schemes, different header heights, etc

If KLP doesn't get this fixed... :mad:

B0epFU6.png

Gokh

Jan 14, 2012
Hé hé , the best is the Music app with a Tron like theme Oo

Tapalked with a Nexus⁴

23Six

Nov 7, 2012
I thought Holo was the blue/black theme not the white cards/magazine text we see in Currents & now etc.

Indeed, identity crisis.

Admittedly Google Music looks kinda cool, but outta place.

Exynos S III @ 1.7GHz, CM10.1

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
Wow you guys.... Google is obviously about to do a major UI overhaul. They redid several things right before they released ICS (play store and the google search widget come immediately to mind). This is the same exact thing. They're not disregarding holo, these newer apps use a newer holo style. As for the drive widget, it's still just a dark gingerbread version.

JaiaV

Feb 24, 2011
I don't know about Google getting ready to do a major UI overhaul (again), that would firmly be in rumor territory, but it is true that different groups within Google lead development of different applications. GMail is handled by one group, the Drive application is handled by another, and so on. Some of those widgets haven't had their UI changed in a while, which is partially responsible. It is also true that not all of the Google applications follow an identical version of the design guidelines, which does lead to a little internal inconsistency.

That may partially be to show third party developers the different kinds of options they have, if intentional, or, if unintentional, might just be due to the disparate groups of developers at Google maintaining different applications separately. It may also be due to the very different purposes each of those widgets has, and what data, options, and features those widgets are meant to display. To be honest, it has never really bothered me personally, as the Holo theme is relatively flexible, aside from the heights. I do think the heights should follow the design a little more closely, since there is a guideline specifically for that.

reflux21

Jan 10, 2011
You will fall flat after seeing the music 5.0 app... Just like the redesigned market it has gotten a simpler ui and full white interface. Though background might change its a lot similar to Google now.

Music you own and suggested songs will seamlessly appear amidst each other. Lots of swipe gestures too. You can buy right off the app

http://www.slashgear.com/google-play-store-4-leak-shows-alleged-new-design-21274822/

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

jimbob_me

Mar 4, 2010
Cardiff
So disappointed with the 'new play store' images. It looks like such a downgrade from the current play store. I think the current play store looks fantastic.

LoVeRice

Mar 14, 2011
Manila
So what does holo ui really looks like? I thought its the one from now & currents

DynamicRam

Apr 14, 2010
So what does holo ui really looks like? I thought its the one from now & currents

There is "Holo Dark" just like the phone app & there is "Holo Light" like the contacts app
I think they should just let them user select-able in the next release just like windows phone and they should be applied to the holo system including the google apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Holo is a set of guidelines. Not every app has to be the same color scheme. Some apps have new/interesting/experimental UI components, that's how they find out what works and what doesn't.