5,594,748 Members 36,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[P5100][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Tip us?

Phil3759
Old
(Last edited by Phil3759; 3rd January 2014 at 12:25 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 27211

DONATE TO ME
Default [P5100][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860

PhilZ Touch is a CWM Advanced Edition that adds all the features you could ever miss in CWM
It is a well proven recovery for many phones

It also adds a full touch interface a completely configurable GUI

Since many requests to port it to P5100, here it is released

Please give your feedback, what works, and any bug you could encounter
Read the features, and check if you are missing something

To take a screen shot, just slide left

Also, do not forget to read about the powerful aroma file manager integration and double tap shortcut

Download links
Last version can be found here:
>PhilZ Touch Recovery: Main thread and Download links
> Support IRC Channel: freenode - #PhilZ-Touch
>Root ICS/JB for all phones: link
>CWM6 Temporary: i9100, n7000
>Busybox Uninstaller: safely remove +600 files
>Safe Wipe Data/System/Cache/Dalvik: i9100/n7000
>CF-Root in Stock Recovery: dead project
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Audio God
Old
Thanks Meter 9723

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [P5100][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch

Great work bro.....thank you so much......

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
PLEASE DON'T SAY THANKSJUST PRESS BUTTON

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Audio God For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aashayjardosh
Old
(Last edited by aashayjardosh; 23rd March 2013 at 06:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Philz you beauty! Welcome to the P5100 land! Finally something to look forward to in this otherwise zzzz P5100 forum. I was really planning to sell off this tablet due to the lack of top notch recoveries and kernels. Now I have eternal hope because Philz our saviour is here!

People, you just have to try his Kernels. He is a legend! Just check out the Note N7000 forums if you want to check out his fabulous work and fan following
The Following User Says Thank You to aashayjardosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 27211

DONATE TO ME
About touch:

1- when you touch a menu to select: is the selection precise and working as expected
2- bottom virtual buttons: do they work as expected?
3- If it is slow, try to reduce the Scroll Sensitivity setting and reduce menu height. Play with both to find a sweet point¨

Try to describe what happens with precision. A video would even be better, so that I can get what you mean. I won't be able to help much as I do not have the device, without these
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aashayjardosh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Here are the screenshots. The touch works perfect. There's no lag whatsoever. The bottom navigation buttons work as they should. Hopefully we'll be gifted with a Kernel soon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cwm_screen001.jpg
Views:	3075
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1827985   Click image for larger version

Name:	cwm_screen002.jpg
Views:	2315
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1827986   Click image for larger version

Name:	cwm_screen003.jpg
Views:	2106
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1827987  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aashayjardosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wd5gnr
Old
Thanks Meter 116
This works great on my 5113. The Aroma file manager seems really useful. I wasn't totally sure how to set it up so I'll write the steps here in case anyone else is wondering.

I downloaded the zip from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646108

You can "install" the zip file from recovery which really just runs the file manager. It doesn't really install anything. When you exit you go back to recovery.

However, if you want to use it from inside PhilZ's recovery do this:
  1. Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod
  2. Create a directory called .aromafm
  3. Copy the zip file you downloaded into that directory
  4. Change the name of the zip file to aromafm.zip

Now you can use the Aroma FM menu item from the recovery to launch the file manager. The first time you run it from a new location you get the "help" overlay screen. I did the above steps in the file manager itself. Pretty cool. And having a terminal from inside recovery is great when you need to fix something and aren't at home.

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 27211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashayjardosh View Post
Here are the screenshots. The touch works perfect. There's no lag whatsoever. The bottom navigation buttons work as they should. Hopefully we'll be gifted with a Kernel soon
Big thanks for the screen shots. At least I can see how the display is looking
I decided on purpose to not enlarge the bottom buttons as I thought it would be harder to use them if spread along all the width. Is it ok?
As for menu toggle options not being completely right aligned, it is a limitation in current stock CWM, and I feel no need to increase the buffer to make it right align

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd5gnr View Post
This works great on my 5113. The Aroma file manager seems really useful. I wasn't totally sure how to set it up so I'll write the steps here in case anyone else is wondering.

I downloaded the zip from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1646108

You can "install" the zip file from recovery which really just runs the file manager. It doesn't really install anything. When you exit you go back to recovery.

However, if you want to use it from inside PhilZ's recovery do this:
  1. Go to /sdcard/clockworkmod
  2. Create a directory called .aromafm
  3. Copy the zip file you downloaded into that directory
  4. Change the name of the zip file to aromafm.zip

Now you can use the Aroma FM menu item from the recovery to launch the file manager. The first time you run it from a new location you get the "help" overlay screen. I did the above steps in the file manager itself. Pretty cool. And having a terminal from inside recovery is great when you need to fix something and aren't at home.
Yes, but you can also just double tap outside menu area, and it will launch aroma
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wd5gnr
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759 View Post

Yes, but you can also just double tap outside menu area, and it will launch aroma
Forgot about that, but you still have to do the setup to put the zip file with the right name in the hidden directory, no?

Phil3759
Old
Thanks Meter 27211

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd5gnr View Post
Forgot about that, but you still have to do the setup to put the zip file with the right name in the hidden directory, no?
yes, sure
So, for p5100, you confirm that touch works as expected? Even the double tap and other shortcuts I guess
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aashayjardosh
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759 View Post
yes, sure
So, for p5100, you confirm that touch works as expected? Even the double tap and other shortcuts I guess
Yes, the touch works perfect. Flashed 2-3 ROM's just for fun for testing it. The double tap and other shortcuts (the ones i checked) are all cool.
And yes the bottom navigation buttons are also good at this size. Infact they're perfect for the wider screen. Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to aashayjardosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]