Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
Hey All,

Houstonn and I have been working on a stock release of JB that can be flashed through CWM or TWRP but we decided to throw a taste of the Sony Xperia Z into it. The ROM runs fast, smooth and looks fantastic. This build supports the Canadian variations of the Optimus G and the AT&T variation for the US with external SD support. As the title states, this ROM is clean of most carrier and OEM specific applications, however; there will be a few more to come out in subsequent updates! Please follow below for further details and updates! :)

Check it out...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

What it has now!

-Xperia Launcher and icon set
- Xperia clock widget
- File Manager
- New Boot Animation -Thank you Jank4AU
- Sidebar Lite
- MIUI Music Player -(Updated)
- AOSP Browser and MMS applications -(MMS is fixed)
- Gesture keyboard from Android 4.2
- Xperia and Nexus 4 Notification and Ringtone sounds
- Xperia Wallpapers
- Rooted
- Debloated and Deodexed
- External SD support for AT&T

What's in the works!

- New lockscreen
- Aroma Installer integration with many custom options (including themes)
- Advanced restart menu
- More to come...

Installation:

**It must be said for the sake of being said - We are not responsible if your phone bricks, blows up or eats someone during or after this procedure and you're now going at your own risk**

1. Make sure your phone is rooted
2. Unlock it using Shelnutt's beta FreeGee found here: FreeGee-beta
3. Boot into recovery
4. Wipe data/factory reset
5. Wipe cache
6. Wipe dalvik cache
7. Format system in "Storage and Mounts"
8. Flash ROM
9. Flash carrier specific modem from second post - Thank you Houstonn
10. Wipe data/factory reset for shiggles
11. Reboot and Voila!!!

*AT&T Users should flash the apn/build.prop in the second post before Step 9 above!!

*Boot Animation is quick and repeats IT'S NOT BOOT LOOPING on initial boot after flashing v1.5 - Just give it time and it will boot!!

*After you run through setup wizard we recommend you restart your phone to ensure the kernel settles. It's incredibly fast and stable thanks to Houstonn!!

*This has been tested with CWM Touch Recovery

Thank you!

- Houstonn for his dedication to the LGOG and abundance of help he has given me - As well as his remake of the stock kernel for this ROM!!!
- sk8 for his touch recovery
- Chadouming
- Shelnutt
- Mohammad Adib for Sidebar Lite
- gentledroid17
- Chrissyq333
- The entire LGOG community
- Whomever I may have forgotten, Im sorry!!

Download:

v1.6

Canadian Version - http://db.tt/G1M9s0uT
AT&T -

Changelog

v1.6
- Kernel recompiled with GCC version 4.6.4 for snappier response
- New boot animation
- UpdateMe incorporated for OTA updates from me and partners
- Some app updates
- Universal Canadian build.prop

v1.5.1
- New Kernel for Canadian to fix green LED
- CM10 MMS application with quick text
- Code clean-up

v1.5
- New Boot Animation
- New Kernel (Much quicker, More stable)
- Xperia Wallpapers
- Xperia/Nexus 4 Notifications, Alarms and Ringtones
- Revert back to ICS AOSP MMS.apk to fix MMS sending issues and F/C
- Sidebar Lite

v1.0
- Initial Release

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-23-13-19-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-23-13-19-10.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14,129
  • Screenshot_2013-03-23-13-19-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-23-13-19-17.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 14,067
  • Screenshot_2013-03-23-13-19-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-23-13-19-27.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 13,913
Last edited:

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
Re: [ROM]StockJB with a taste of Xperia Z {Rooted+Debloat+Extras}[FLASHABLE]

I have been running custom Roms from day one. I decided to installed the official jb update to see how it felt. I then decided I wanted to go back to a custom Rom. I kdzed to stock ics rooted and freegeed. Everytime I ran feegee then rebooted the LG logo would flash on the display and the phone would freeze. With having installed the official jb update do you think it may have modified some firmware that would affect freegee. I did notice something unusual. When the phone reboots after running freegee it starts to boot then quickly shuts of and starts again. This is the first time I have seen this glitch.
Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
I have been running custom Roms from day one. I decided to installed the official jb update to see how it felt. I then decided I wanted to go back to a custom Rom. I kdzed to stock ics rooted and freegeed. Everytime I ran feegee then rebooted the LG logo would flash on the display and the phone would freeze. With having installed the official jb update do you think it may have modified some firmware that would affect freegee. I did notice something unusual. When the phone reboots after running freegee it starts to boot then quickly shuts of and starts again. This is the first time I have seen this glitch.
Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

I would suggest you see Shelnutt2 on irc he will help you with that.. you might need a new clean misc partition.. and he has that. I've provided him with an E973 misc and he has made sure it's been cleaned up so that you shouldn't have those problems.. it's either that or you might need his other freegee unlock for special phones.. I would contact him as he would have all the info you would need.

Reactions: Pony Express

mandroid717

Jun 22, 2011
Ottawa
I would suggest you see Shelnutt2 on irc he will help you with that.. you might need a new clean misc partition.. and he has that. I've provided him with an E973 misc and he has made sure it's been cleaned up so that you shouldn't have those problems.. it's either that or you might need his other freegee unlock for special phones.. I would contact him as he would have all the info you would need.

hey houstonn, i am not sure how to get a hold of him on irc seeing as have never used irc. :eek: do you think he would mind if i contacted him on here?

thanks for the help. greatly appreciated.

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Shorelinedroid is working on aroma script where you'll have the options to choose what you would prefer to install as well as kernel so that E975 should have working camera..
Until that is done.. I'll make a flashable zip for att users to flash for their apn and their build.prop and fastdormancy has already been applied into the rom for the att settings. i'll add whatever extra if I can think of.

Last edited:
Reactions: metal_god69

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina
Looks like a nice rom. Will give it a try. Great to see more roms for this great phone. Thanks ShorelineDroid and houstonn

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
I have ICS, using houstons debloated ICS rom, freegeed and unlocked. Installing this rom overtop now.
I have stuck with ICS because all of the JB ports have had a network routing bug which prevented me from creating a hotspot. There was an obscure bug that affected the routing for rare customers like me that do not have a regular data plan, only UMB (web browsing only).
Will I need to flash the JB modem firmware after?

Last edited:

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net
I have ICS, using houstons debloated ICS rom, freegeed and unlocked. Installing this rom overtop now.
I have stuck with ICS because all of the JB ports have had a network routing bug which prevented me from creating a hotspot. There was an obscure bug that affected the routing for rare customers like me that do not have a regular data plan, only UMB (web browsing only).
Will I need to flash the JB modem firmware after?

You can definitely flash the updated JB modem specific to your carrier after flashing this ROM. Take a look to the second post on this thread for a link to stock JB modem's from Houstonn

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC

Downloading. Thanks for showing us at&t folks some love.

gunnyman

Apr 12, 2010
Greenville SC

I've installed it. Man that xperia launcher is fast. I didn't seem to have stock wallpapers though. Gps, lte etc worked great on my e970.

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
Downloading. Thanks for showing us at&t folks some love.

hey gunnyman.. you'll have to use the proper apn-conf file I sent to shorelinedroid. it flashes the proper build.prop plus proper apn for att users. I've also compiled a new stock jb kernel and sent to him.. but for now.. here's the zip.. it'll flash all 3 kernel + apn + build.prop

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-24-20-50-45.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-24-20-50-45.png
    62.8 KB · Views: 341
  • Screenshot_2013-03-24-20-51-16.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-24-20-51-16.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 323
  • att-kernel-apn-build.prop.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 50

brownsmell

Jun 21, 2011
I flashed the rom successfully on my E971 Rogers. Worked great out of the box except I had to add my APN, speakout.
I am able to tether to my speakout UMB data :D

I did not flash the modem, would there be any benefit for doing that or is it something I will need to do manually in the future anyways?

One very cool thing happened after I flashed the rom, I was able to get data from somewhere new, I think it was from Rogers. Odd, because I do not have a Rogers sim, I use speakout which piggybacks on the Rogers network. I went up from 5mbs on speakout to 10mbs on Rogers! However, I was not able to tether so the Rogers data wasnt useful for me.

After flashing this rom over ICS stock, I cannot get into recovery mode anymore. Just fastboot.
UPDATE: You can get into fastboot by installing the free version on Rom Manager, it has an option for booting to recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: mk_ln

royoshukrun

May 30, 2012
Just flashed it. Is it just me, or did anyone else see a battery life improvement over the Korean Leak?
Question: I see in the screenshots that you have the Sony messaging app. The ROM doesn't have the stock LG or Sony Messaging when I installed it, do you plan on integrating any other messaging app than the stock messaging? The one that the ROM comes with doesn't have any popup notification, so I was hoping you would put another one in.

N

nygfan760

Just flashed it. Is it just me, or did anyone else see a battery life improvement over the Korean Leak?
Question: I see in the screenshots that you have the Sony messaging app. The ROM doesn't have the stock LG or Sony Messaging when I installed it, do you plan on integrating any other messaging app than the stock messaging? The one that the ROM comes with doesn't have any popup notification, so I was hoping you would put another one in.

I think that is the icon pack, not the sony messaging app. That being sad you can install the CM10 one probably.

ShorelineDroid

Sep 13, 2012
Sudbury
shorelinedev.net

I've got a few surprises for the next update including this little teaser! All the features will be customizable through Aroma Installer - I may push one more out before Aroma but we'll see how it goes tonight.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-26-23-53-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-26-23-53-40.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey All,

Houstonn and I have been working on a stock release of JB that can be flashed through CWM or TWRP but we decided to throw a taste of the Sony Xperia Z into it. The ROM runs fast, smooth and looks fantastic. This build supports the Canadian variations of the Optimus G and the AT&T variation for the US with external SD support. As the title states, this ROM is clean of most carrier and OEM specific applications, however; there will be a few more to come out in subsequent updates! Please follow below for further details and updates! :)

Check it out...
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

What it has now!

-Xperia Launcher and icon set
    - Xperia clock widget
    - File Manager
    - New Boot Animation -Thank you Jank4AU
    - Sidebar Lite
    - MIUI Music Player -(Updated)
    - AOSP Browser and MMS applications -(MMS is fixed)
    - Gesture keyboard from Android 4.2
    - Xperia and Nexus 4 Notification and Ringtone sounds
    - Xperia Wallpapers
    - Rooted
    - Debloated and Deodexed
    - External SD support for AT&T

What's in the works!

- New lockscreen
    - Aroma Installer integration with many custom options (including themes)
    - Advanced restart menu
    - More to come...

Installation:

**It must be said for the sake of being said - We are not responsible if your phone bricks, blows up or eats someone during or after this procedure and you're now going at your own risk**

1. Make sure your phone is rooted
    2. Unlock it using Shelnutt's beta FreeGee found here: FreeGee-beta
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Wipe dalvik cache
    7. Format system in "Storage and Mounts"
    8. Flash ROM
    9. Flash carrier specific modem from second post - Thank you Houstonn
    10. Wipe data/factory reset for shiggles
    11. Reboot and Voila!!!

*AT&T Users should flash the apn/build.prop in the second post before Step 9 above!!

*Boot Animation is quick and repeats IT'S NOT BOOT LOOPING on initial boot after flashing v1.5 - Just give it time and it will boot!!

*After you run through setup wizard we recommend you restart your phone to ensure the kernel settles. It's incredibly fast and stable thanks to Houstonn!!

*This has been tested with CWM Touch Recovery

Thank you!

- Houstonn for his dedication to the LGOG and abundance of help he has given me - As well as his remake of the stock kernel for this ROM!!!
    - sk8 for his touch recovery
    - Chadouming
    - Shelnutt
    - Mohammad Adib for Sidebar Lite
    - gentledroid17
    - Chrissyq333
    - The entire LGOG community
    - Whomever I may have forgotten, Im sorry!!

Download:

v1.6

Canadian Version - http://db.tt/G1M9s0uT
    AT&T -

Changelog

v1.6
    - Kernel recompiled with GCC version 4.6.4 for snappier response
    - New boot animation
    - UpdateMe incorporated for OTA updates from me and partners
    - Some app updates
    - Universal Canadian build.prop

v1.5.1
    - New Kernel for Canadian to fix green LED
    - CM10 MMS application with quick text
    - Code clean-up

v1.5
    - New Boot Animation
    - New Kernel (Much quicker, More stable)
    - Xperia Wallpapers
    - Xperia/Nexus 4 Notifications, Alarms and Ringtones
    - Revert back to ICS AOSP MMS.apk to fix MMS sending issues and F/C
    - Sidebar Lite

v1.0
    - Initial Release
    Members, that will be enough of the useless posting, please. Thread Cleaned & Thank You.

ROM is awesome..thank you. Only problem I'm having is MMS. Force closes and can't add a new APN. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

Can we get the stock LG launcher and extended power menu?

Finally found a modded Mms.apk with inverted timestamps :D

I notice that when I charge my Optimus G with the phone off, the screen stays on. This is with stock ROM and all the custom LG based ROMs... Any way to fix it?

Hey folks,

So sorry I've been away for a few days as we have just moved into our new house and had a lot of work to do. Just to let people know that an update will be out with aroma and options like multiple launchers, multiple MMS apps(I am aware that sending mms messages that it force closes the app), various gapps, and more... I will be including houstonn's new and incredibly fast kernel and our new boot animation! More to come folks!

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app
    Hello folks,

Sorry about my extended delay. Found out my wife was pregnant and have been dealing with family and personal issues all around. My Optimus G is still sitting on the shelf with a shattered screen until I can get the 80.00 dollars for a replacement. Just to let you know I have still been working time to time on the Optimus Z ROM and with the help of my wife's Xperia ZL, I've been able to make quite a authentic ROM. Just wondering who is still out there in the G world and who wants another release for all carriers? Let me know what you guys think.

Its good to be back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
    Sorry for the delay but updates are up!

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app