Flash your custom rom using dewe's Lumia Downloader 0.5
Dewe's Nokia Lumia Downloader 0.5
the Nokia Lumia Downloader 0.5
for flashing your Lumia 800 easily in Windows.
Thx to dewe for his great work
This requires your Lumia 800 to have the qualcomm bootloader!!
make a backup
of ALL 9 partitions of the phone
This might really save your ass
Id did save mine more than once
1. Install Ubuntu to your computer, or use Ubuntu-Live-CD
2. put phone into "Qualcomm Mode" by pressing VOL UP + POWER and connect it to your pc
3. check with
how your phone appears in ubuntu
4. backup your partitions using this:
sudo dd if=/dev/sdX1 of=/media/Data/backup1.bin
sudo dd if=/dev/sdX2 of=/media/Data/backup2.bin
sudo dd if=/dev/sdX3 of=/media/Data/backup3.bin
sudo dd if=/dev/sdX9 of=/media/Data/backup9.bin
where the X
is your special letter, mostly it's b
, or d
if = your input file
of = your output file
And this might take up to 2 hours.
Restoring your backups is the exact opposit.
you can now flash your Lumia 800.
because you're already in Ubuntu, you can flash it using:
sudo dd if=/path/to/your/os-new.nb of=/dev/sdX9
You MUST flash the os-new.nb file to partition 9!!!
Or you can use attached Nokia Lumia Downloader on Windows.
1. Connect your phone in "qualcomm mode"
2. open the Tool with admin rights in Windows
3. Klick "download" and select os-new.nb file
NOTICE: when you connect the phone in "qualcomm mode" in windows, you'll get a message of formatting the drive. DO NOT DO THAT!!!! CLICK CANCEL!
If you format, your phone's broken.