Thanks Meter 0
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg, Germany
MDA/XDA II Buglist
Ok, I guess quite a few of us are now usig the MDA/XDA II and have made our experiences.
I think it is time to start collecting the different bugs and "features", so that maybe the guys here can start fixing them. Maybe even O2/T-Mobile or HTC might startt doing something.
I'll start with my contributions:
1) SMS: The SMS-Application doesn't copy the "+" from the phone number when you select through the contacts application. See also: http://xda-developers.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3198
2) Bluetooth: Right now, this seems to work mostly as a marketing gag, considering the very limited profiles supported. The list of missing profiles keeps getting longer, including HFREE, PAN and others. In fact, it might make sense to collect the experiences of successful bonds in a dedicated thread.
3) BT-Headset: Even when it does work, the performance is shaky s you can see here: http://xda-developers.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3548
4) Phone On/Off: Turning the phone on/off seems to have gotten less user friendly than on the old MDA. Now you always need to get out your stylus, which can be quite a hassle when you are standing at the gate getting on a plane - with your suitcase in the other hand. See also: http://xda-developers.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3553
5) Google: Ok, this seems to be a problem on almost all WM2003 devices when I look at all the suff on the web about this issue. Still, it would be nice if it would work :wink:
6) Wireless Modem: Well, you would expect that they include the driver on the CD wouldn't you.
My Device: Samsung S II I9100
MDA-II->MDA-III->Universal->Kaiser->Touch HD->HTC Desire->Samsung S II I9100