5,594,700 Members 33,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Tip us?

mattlgroff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Default [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

This is ONLY for the DROID 4 XT894. Do NOT use this on anything else!

DROID 4 Utility XT894Jellybean
Use a Download Manager such as "Orbit Download Manager" for best downloading results.

Mirrors:
Dev-Host
Batakang

Filesize: 497 MB (521,766,988 bytes)
MD5: B8E86DDCC3C59571E7AB086BE13BD89D

- Windows Instructions
Extract .zip to its own folder on the Desktop.
Install the required drivers. The folder with the drivers is called "Drivers [WINDOWS ONLY]" and is included in the Utility folder.
Double click the ".bat" file. This will be called "WindowsUtility.bat" the image is just for reference.

- Mac & Linux Instructions

Extract the .zip to any folder you like, the /Downloads/ or /Desktop/ folder should work just fine.
Open a Terminal window. (On Mac: Applications > Utilities > Terminal)
Learn your 'sudo' password. This is almost always your Admin password on a Mac computer. On Linux you should already know what this is, its yours account password if your account is an admin as well.
Type the following code into the Terminal Windows, places where it says ***DRAG HERE*** are telling you to simply drag the folder there. For example: cd ***DRAG FOLDER HERE*** then press 'Enter' after each line.
Code:
cd ***DRAG UNZIPPED UTILITY FOLDER HERE***

chmod +x ./LinuxMacUtility.sh

bash ./LinuxMacUtility.sh
You will be asked for your sudo password at least once in the Utility process, so make sure you followed the instructions to learn it.

Functions of the DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean:
Code:
 1  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (Wipe Data)
  2  Flash Official Jellybean Firmware (No Data Wipe)
  3  Razr Blade: Motorola Droid Razr 4.1 Root Exploit by djrbliss
  4  Install Safestrap 3 App by Hashcode.
Number 1 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will wipe data.

Number 2 Explained -- This option requires your phone be in AP Fastboot mode. It will flash the official Jellybean firmware to your device and will NOT wipe data.

Number 3 Explained -- This is Dan Rosenberg's DROID RAZR 4.1 Jellybean exploit called 'RAZR Blade'. This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. (This is working on the DROID 4 as well.)

Number 4 Explained -- This option requires your phone to be booted normally, with USB Debugging enabled. It will install Hashcode's App for Safestrap 3.11.

Remember, do not run this utility unless your phone is at 100% battery OR you have bought yourself one of Team Black Hat's Factory-Style Programming Adapters.

Thanks to Hashcode for Safestrap and Djrbliss for RAZR_Blade!

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored.
Owner of Batakang. Recognized Developer at XDA
You can find forum sections for the T-Mobile Prism II over at Droid-Hive under The Batcave.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to mattlgroff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex94kumar
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Default Re: [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Yes! You are a champion, mattlgroff!

Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app
Proud owner of:
--Rooted VZW Moto X Developer Edition on stock 4.4 KitKat (Current Devce)
--Rooted Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition 4.3

--Rooted Droid 4 on 4.1.2(retired)
--Rooted Xoom Wingray on custom 4.2.2(retired)
--Rooted Droid 2 on Liberty 2.3 (Retired)

If I have helped you, DON'T FORGET to hit the button!

Want free cloud storage? Click the ---> <--- logo to sign up!

korngames
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Root failing.

Hello,

First and foremost I'd like to thank you for this utility. 4.1 flashed without a hitch! Unfortunately, I am unable to get the root to work. I've attached the text from where it started to error.

The root is failing here, after phase 2. Any ideas?:

/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataCle
arJarDex.jar: Permission denied[*] Rebooting device...[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists[*] Rebooting device...[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.[*] Phase four...
3559 KB/s (543080 bytes in 0.149s)
3597 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.507s)
3144 KB/s (476557 bytes in 0.148s)
2308 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.027s)[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
/system/bin/sh: can't create /data/data/com.motorola.contextual.fw/files/DataCle
arJarDex.jar: Permission denied[*] Rebooting...[*] Exploit complete!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lightofdark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot, i could unbrick my phone thank to this tool.

mattlgroff
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [SCRIPT] DROID 4 Utility XT894 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by korngames View Post
Hello,

First and foremost I'd like to thank you for this utility. 4.1 flashed without a hitch! Unfortunately, I am unable to get the root to work. I've attached the text from where it started to error.

The root is failing here, after phase 2. Any ideas?:

arJarDex.jar: Permission denied[*] Rebooting device...[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)...
failed on '/data/logger' - Permission denied
mkdir failed for /data/logger, File exists
Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted
link failed File exists[*] Rebooting device...[*] Waiting for phone to reboot.[*] Phase four...
3559 KB/s (543080 bytes in 0.149s)
3597 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.507s)
3144 KB/s (476557 bytes in 0.148s)
2308 KB/s (63838 bytes in 0.027s)[*] Cleaning up...
/system/bin/sh: su: not found
arJarDex.jar: Permission denied[*] Rebooting...[*] Exploit complete!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Try wiping and trying again. I was just told by a user on DroidRzr that it worked on the D4 OTA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored.
Owner of Batakang. Recognized Developer at XDA
You can find forum sections for the T-Mobile Prism II over at Droid-Hive under The Batcave.

lodxcol
Old
Thanks Meter 7
When I try this on my Droid 4 with the latest OTA JB update from Verizon, the terminal gets stuck at "waiting for device". This has happened previously when I tried to use the ICS Utility when my phone still had ICS. I've tried on several Windows PC's and none have seemed to recognized my device even with the latest Motorola drivers installed (when I went to install the drivers included in the JB Utility, I was alerted I already had newer versions). I have USB debugging enabled on my device. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

dbreezy187
Old
Thanks Meter 40

Do you set your USB option from mass storage to MTP?

chewy74
Old
(Last edited by chewy74; 29th March 2013 at 11:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 295

I'm getting findstr.exe is not a valid win32 application... Running windows XP

ovelayer
Old
(Last edited by ovelayer; 30th March 2013 at 02:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 354
i noticed the root method used with this utility uses a different superuser
when i used this and tried to use either the verizon tether or wifi tether for root users it wouldn't work because of the su used. But when i downloaded and used a different razor root script that installed supersu everything works great
just a fyi

i used this for rooting
http://vulnfactory.org/public/razr_blade.zip

also using this there is no need to put your device in mtp mode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ovelayer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lodxcol
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbreezy187 View Post
Do you set your USB option from mass storage to MTP?

My USB connection is and has been set to MTP. Is that what it should be set as, or is it supposed to be set to one of the other two options?