Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,823 Members 42,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Are we at EOL

Tip us?

enik_fox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Are we at EOL

So while looking at my inventory request form at work I noticed this saying the optimus was EOL. Either it is or my company is full of s***. I feel like the 2nd is more likely but maybe y'all know something I don't!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,272

DONATE TO ME
If true, this would make the second phone Sprint has EOL'd shortly after release. This would also make it the second flagship phone Sprint has done this to as well.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

_Epic
Old
Thanks Meter 1,186
I saw this the other day on an inventory form. It sucks...But it happens. Early signs of it going EOL was the BOGO deal.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you in anyway, let me know. Hit the "Thanks" button.

enik_fox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Default Re: Are we at EOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
If true, this would make the second phone Sprint has EOL'd shortly after release. This would also make it the second flagship phone Sprint has done this to as well.
I just can't find anything anywhere about it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 331

This can't be real. The optimus g is our highest selling phone at our location. Also the best spec'd phone sprint has.

_Epic
Old
Thanks Meter 1,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
This can't be real. The optimus g is our highest selling phone at our location. Also the best spec'd phone sprint has.

That is weird that it is the highest selling device, not that anything is wrong with the LGOG just no one trusts LG and people only want Samsung or Apple. I can tell you that it is the complete opposite with Sprint.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you in anyway, let me know. Hit the "Thanks" button.

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Epic View Post
That is weird that it is the highest selling device, not that anything is wrong with the LGOG just no one trusts LG and people only want Samsung or Apple. I can tell you that it is the complete opposite with Sprint.
That's just our location Lol. We blow through our shipments within a few days and have to have other stores transfer their optimus g's to continue selling here.

kc_exactly
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,231

DONATE TO ME

Umm, that isn't going to be great for development. At least we can be happy that our phone is rare or will be. Maybe that will drive up the price.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

tobalaz
Old
Thanks Meter 10
This sucks.
The OpG is the best phone on Sprint at this time, so unless LG is dumping us for a shiny new model EOL on the OpG is just insane.
The Following User Says Thank You to tobalaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megamaster2
Old
Thanks Meter 58
EOL meaning of End of Life?

The Following User Says Thank You to megamaster2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]