Are we at EOL

Search This thread

enik_fox

Apr 4, 2011
Dahlonega, Ga
2e5y9a2a.jpg
So while looking at my inventory request form at work I noticed this saying the optimus was EOL. Either it is or my company is full of s***. I feel like the 2nd is more likely but maybe y'all know something I don't!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
This can't be real. The optimus g is our highest selling phone at our location. Also the best spec'd phone sprint has.

_Epic

Apr 9, 2011
Lakeland, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
This can't be real. The optimus g is our highest selling phone at our location. Also the best spec'd phone sprint has.

That is weird that it is the highest selling device, not that anything is wrong with the LGOG just no one trusts LG and people only want Samsung or Apple. I can tell you that it is the complete opposite with Sprint.

hellot1M

Jul 15, 2010
That is weird that it is the highest selling device, not that anything is wrong with the LGOG just no one trusts LG and people only want Samsung or Apple. I can tell you that it is the complete opposite with Sprint.

That's just our location Lol. We blow through our shipments within a few days and have to have other stores transfer their optimus g's to continue selling here.

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Umm, that isn't going to be great for development. At least we can be happy that our phone is rare or will be. Maybe that will drive up the price.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

tobalaz

Jul 17, 2012
Norton
This sucks.
The OpG is the best phone on Sprint at this time, so unless LG is dumping us for a shiny new model EOL on the OpG is just insane.

Reactions: VoluntaryMan

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I am having trouble wrapping my head around it. Usually my logic is spot on. I have came up with these theories. It either had something to do with the Samsung or HTC phones coming, poor sales, or a conflict with LG. I am just guessing.

The hardest thing to grasp is that the hardware is really the best. But, the HTC with be a superior phone in specs.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I am having trouble wrapping my head around it. Usually my logic is spot on. I have came up with these theories. It either had something to do with the Samsung or HTC phones coming, poor sales, or a conflict with LG. I am just guessing.

The hardest thing to grasp is that the hardware is really the best. But, the HTC with be a superior phone in specs.

LG has a history of this. They release a phone with buggy software, get a sh!t ton of compliants then instead of working to fix the bugs they take your money and run away to the next piece of crap they want to sell. Even the nexus 4 is having issues with crappy screens and other issues and LG isn't trying to fix anything. Googles going with Motorola for the next nexus which is what they do, drop a mfg if they have issue's. Except with Samsung the only reason Samsung isn't making the nexus currently is because their contract expired and Samsung didn't want to renew it to focus on their own device's.

☆SoA: Son's of Android™☆

I like to break stuff! :D

enik_fox

Apr 4, 2011
Dahlonega, Ga
Just to reiterate my first post this could just be my company bulls***ing because they don't want to give a real answer. The same sheet also showed the Nokia 920 and galaxy s express on EOL after a closer inspection

Reactions: VoluntaryMan

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Just to reiterate my first post this could just be my company bulls***ing because they don't want to give a real answer. The same sheet also showed the Nokia 920 and galaxy s express on EOL after a closer inspection

I had my business account rep check and it's showing EOL for him too. So it's not just your company

☆SoA: Son's of Android™☆

I like to break stuff! :D

outerpip

Jul 21, 2008
Kansas City
Sprint: the company that EOLs the Optimus G, but hung on to the Samsung Upstage as long as humanly possible.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys, this isn't the first time Sprint has EOL'd a phone after six month or so. As far as updates, we have already received a "major update" to JB so any additional updates will probably be security and bug fixes. The chance of us ever seeing 4.2 are pretty slim. Sorry but that's the way it normally plays out.

The whole 18mos thing Epic was referring to is most likely the Android Update Alliance. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Epic. If that is the case, then try to find any official reference to it after it's initial announcement. I've already been down this path and came up with nil, nada, zilch. Any questions that I have posed has gone ignored and from what I can gather the same goes for tech news writers as well.

With the above out of the way, stock LG software is a dead end. For those having issues with stock, unlock and support/donate/test AOSP/CM as much as possible. Also do the same for efforts to get our phones merged with the Nexus4 code.

Please don't ask me to start another campaign like I did for Moto users. Even though the campain got the word out, in the end there were no updates/unlocks. It also killed any development I was working on and in the end, my itch for deving for months.
    So, the Sprint store near my house has none in stock and none on back order.

Here is the kicker. If your phone breaks the only option you have as a replacement phone is the Samsung Victory.

I looked at the screen myself. That is completely absurd. The Evo or the S3 aren't eligible for an exchange. So, no one break your phone. You will not be happy!

Finn_weird_face.gif
    This sucks.
    The OpG is the best phone on Sprint at this time, so unless LG is dumping us for a shiny new model EOL on the OpG is just insane.
    EOL meaning of End of Life?
    Really doubt they would eol the g when the evolte and gs3 are inferior and have successors out but still not eoled. The g has not been replaced yet by anything from lg. It's still their high end flagship.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app