CWM Defy

OP Taxman.

27th March 2013, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

52 posts
Hello everyone!
IŽll bother you with a few quick questions:
I have a stock rooted Motorola Defy+ (MB526) which is laggig way too much.
I wanted to wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Is there a stock "Recovery Mode"? Judging from screenshots, i think so. However i can only see the "wipe cache" option. Is the "wipe dalvik cache" option not available in this recovery mode? Can anyone suggest a better way in which i can perform such wipes?

Once again, thanks everyone in advance!
27th March 2013, 03:43 AM   |  #2  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 21

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman.

Hello everyone!
IŽll bother you with a few quick questions:
I have a stock rooted Motorola Defy+ (MB526) which is laggig way too much.
I wanted to wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache. Is there a stock "Recovery Mode"? Judging from screenshots, i think so. However i can only see the "wipe cache" option. Is the "wipe dalvik cache" option not available in this recovery mode? Can anyone suggest a better way in which i can perform such wipes?

Once again, thanks everyone in advance!

Wipe dalvik cache isn't available in Stock Recovery Mode - I believe stock is only used to root the phone.

You need a custom recovery - search for 2nd-init (v2.3). That will install a bootmenu which is accessible when the notification light turns blue after you boot your device. When you are in bootmenu, select 'Recovery' then 'Custom Recovery' and it'll take you to a version of CWM. From there go to 'Advanced' and you will see 'Wipe Dalvik Cache'
Also from CWM you have the ability to 'Apply .zip files from sdcard' which is how you flash custom ROMs, which could help with your lag issue.

Hope that helps
Last edited by z3ro-grav1ty; 27th March 2013 at 03:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to z3ro-grav1ty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2013, 04:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

52 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro-grav1ty

Wipe dalvik cache isn't available in Stock Recovery Mode - I believe stock is only used to root the phone.

You need a custom recovery - search for 2nd-init (v2.3). That will install a bootmenu which is accessible when the notification light turns blue after you boot your device. When you are in bootmenu, select 'Recovery' then 'Custom Recovery' and it'll take you to a version of CWM. From there go to 'Advanced' and you will see 'Wipe Dalvik Cache'
Also from CWM you have the ability to 'Apply .zip files from sdcard' which is how you flash custom ROMs, which could help with your lag issue.

Hope that helps

Thanks! I was already reading about this. Glad to know iŽm on the correct path!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread