Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life

Tip us?

Homey
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Battery life

My XDA II is fully charged, screen is on minimum brightness, no beam receive, BT off, sound is around 1/3, phone off. According to SPB Pocket plus, I have only 3 hrs 50 mins left in the battery. Is this normal ?
What kind of battery life are you guys getting on average for just using it as a PDA ?

sweeney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I doubt that Pocket Plus is measuring anything meaningful. I find that a couple of days of PDA use, including some light bluethooth, GPRS and SMS data trafic and I've still got more than 60% power remaining.

Helio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I donīt have any battery meter.
I have had my qtek with phone on + BT on during 10 hours . Make calls for 30 min. Use pda 45 min. + 14 hours phone on BT off pda off.
The remaning battery after this was 13% battery left. I īm glad with the battery live. It seem been a software problem with your software.

Helio

Tekflow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The display of the battery life in SPB Pocket Plus is the phone talk time (nearly 190 mn for 100%), and it changes with time statistically according to the use you make of your XDA

stryker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
awww nuts. So does the XDA not support a reading based on real charge, as in voltage?
Regards,
Stryker

Tekflow
Old
Thanks Meter 1
But yes, the battery bar is based on the voltage, like all PDAs, when you read it in percentage. Only when you choose the display in minutes, this is calculated on the basis of how do you use the XDA

digger
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have both SPB GPRS Monitor and SPB Pocket Plus installed, the GPRS battery monitor estimated over 4 hours of battery life left, the Pocket Plus battery monitor estimaged just over 2 hours.... I guess they have a bug in Pocket Plus.