Thanks Meter 6
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Munich, Germany
Re: Getting Word Completion to learn new words!
Originally Posted by Ravi
Can anyone tell me if their XDA is learning frequently used words that are not in it's dictionary.
I'm not sure if the XDA learns new words by itself, but you can
add words. Not sure if there's a simpler way, but this (rather complicated one) works:
- open any transcriber-aware application
- write the word you want to add, using keyboard or transcriber
- mark (highlight) the word
- switch to transcriber; if the second row of icons is not visible, tap on the hand icon
- tap on the icon with the red check mark to open the "corrector window" (not sure if this is the correct translation for "Korrekturfenster" :)); the highlighted word will appear in the new window
- double-tap anywhere inside the word.
- in the menu that (hopefully) comes up, chose "add to dictionary" ("Dem Wörterbuch hinzufügen")
Voila, you're all set!
But please be careful - I didn't yet find a way to remove
words from the dictionary... :)