FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] USB Audio Possible?

28th March 2013, 08:37 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Can anyone confirm if this has USB Audio out? If so, what cable do I need or if I need to hook it up to a DAC?

I want to hook the phone up to when I'm in my car's AUX so I can listen to music. I really don't want to use the headphone jack because 1, it's on top, and 2, I'd need to plug 2 things in if I need to charge the phone.
 
 
28th March 2013, 08:52 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Re: [Q] USB Audio Possible?
It does work but you will need a dac and a usb otg cable.
28th March 2013, 09:07 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huxley309

It does work but you will need a dac and a usb otg cable.

That's perfectly fine. Unlike the Nexus 4, not even those will work... >_< Thanks for the confirmation.
28th March 2013, 09:10 AM |#4  
apa1102's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Another option is to buy HTC Bluetooth StereoClip.
http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/h...th-stereoclip/
28th March 2013, 09:15 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apa1102

Another option is to buy HTC Bluetooth StereoClip.
http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/h...th-stereoclip/

I've read many reviews of using bluetooth. From $20 to $100... they all have lower quality then direct cable. I do have a quite nice sound system in my car and quality is really important to me so I'd rather go with the direct cable.

I'm still considering selling the 4 for the One once it's available here and so far, things are looking quite good. I do hope I can have the option of choosing the higher MP camera since I am here in China/Hong Kong. I do like to be able to crop pictures.
28th March 2013, 05:29 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 57
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbocomppro

I've read many reviews of using bluetooth. From $20 to $100... they all have lower quality then direct cable. I do have a quite nice sound system in my car and quality is really important to me so I'd rather go with the direct cable.

I'm still considering selling the 4 for the One once it's available here and so far, things are looking quite good. I do hope I can have the option of choosing the higher MP camera since I am here in China/Hong Kong. I do like to be able to crop pictures.

Same here, prefer cables. Using a cable to go from an iPod interface to a Samsung dock. Hopefully I could get a similar dock (or deconstruct this one) to use with the One.
29th March 2013, 12:29 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88
 
More
HTC One is reportedly interworking with FiiO E7 USB DAC/amp:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/655952/htc-one
http://www.headfonia.com/fiio-e7-portable-dac/

HTC One > USB out >> USB OTG adapter cable + USB cable provided in the DAC box >> FiiO E7 USB DAC/amp >> headphones


About the so-called OTG cable:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/andr...5#post_8979038


Thanks Huxley!
Last edited by danba; 30th March 2013 at 06:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to danba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2013, 04:45 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Thanks for the info. I will definitely consider the One when it becomes available here.
30th March 2013, 01:09 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Re: [Q] USB Audio Possible?
Danba i know, I'm huxley on head fi
1st April 2013, 04:24 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 38
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apa1102

Another option is to buy HTC Bluetooth StereoClip.
http://www.htc.com/www/accessories/h...th-stereoclip/

If history is a guide, the aptx Samsung HS3000 is likely more economical than the HTC version. AptX bluetooth is pretty good, but it will be the weak link in a high-end setup. If your environment is quiet, you can definitely hear the difference vs. wired IEMs. For car though, not bad.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes