[Q] CWM Can't Mount The SDCard

Search This thread

JayShades

Mar 29, 2013
Hello everyone, I'm sure that this has been asked quite a few times but after trying for hours & hours I finally decided that I'll get some help :)

I'm using a Rogers GS3.

So I have the Rogers Stock ROM installed, which is: root66_RWC_I747MVLDLK4 (That's JB4.1).
& the latest CWM flashed(recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.0-d2tmo) which works quite great!

CWM mounts & shows the files on my external sd without a hitch but what it doesn't mount is the internal sd, it's the common error (When I try to view files to install it says; E: Can't mount /sdcard & when I try to manually mount it; Error mounting /sdcard).

Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Cheers!

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
so when you go to "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" you dont see any of your sd cards contents?

the "mount /sdcard" option under Mounts and Storage is for external sdcard

JayShades

Mar 29, 2013
so when you go to "install zip from sdcard" -> "choose zip from sdcard" you dont see any of your sd cards contents?

Yeah that's right, when I go to "install zip from sdcard" it doesn't show me any files & instead it gives me the error; E: Can't mount /sdacrd.

& well actually there are 2 options under Mounts & Storage, one Mount /sdacrd & the other Mount /ext_sdcard; the latter doesn't give me an error but the Mount /sdacrd does give me the error; Error Mounting /sdcard

:(

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
Yeah that's right, when I go to "install zip from sdcard" it doesn't show me any files & instead it gives me the error; E: Can't mount /sdacrd.

& well actually there are 2 options under Mounts & Storage, one Mount /sdacrd & the other Mount /ext_sdcard; the latter doesn't give me an error but the Mount /sdacrd does give me the error; Error Mounting /sdcard

:(

have you rebooted the phone and booted back into cwm to try again? you said you installed the version for tmobile so i'm assuming thats the device carrier. just trying to eliminate the easy stuff first

allrockedout

Mar 31, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
OnePlus 9
Same think happened to me I was using twcr so I tried using cwm and its working fine. Downloaded through ROM manager, fixed the issue but I would rather have twcr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

JayShades

Mar 29, 2013
Haha I think I figured out what's wrong, quite dumb, but thanks to TWRP is how I figured it out.

What was happening was CWM was not able to even access my sdcard because I had encrypted it lol but luckily TWRP has an option to decrypt it & then access it so it got mounted & everything but for some reason I couldn't install any custom ROM from TWRP itself(tried 3 but none of them worked for me;CM,AOKP & Liquid). But now since that I know the problem, I'm just reinstalling the Rogers stock ROM & then going to try CWM again to flash a custom ROM.

Will update soon! :D

JayShades

Mar 29, 2013
Haha I think I figured out what's wrong, quite dumb, but thanks to TWRP is how I figured it out.

What was happening was CWM was not able to even access my sdcard because I had encrypted it lol but luckily TWRP has an option to decrypt it & then access it so it got mounted & everything but for some reason I couldn't install any custom ROM from TWRP itself(tried 3 but none of them worked for me;CM,AOKP & Liquid). But now since that I know the problem, I'm just reinstalling the Rogers stock ROM & then going to try CWM again to flash a custom ROM.

Will update soon! :D

Crap!! The worst ever thing just happened! When I reinstalled the stock Rogers ROM & restarted the phone, the password screen before the phone boots is still there BUT now it's not the password that I've set before, I'm guessing the factory reset reset that as well!! Ahhhhhh!!! :mad:

Any ideas on the default S3 encryption password lol? I tried the obvious one(i.e; 12345, 1234, 000, 00000, 1111, 11111, samsung) But no luck! Omg! This is bad lol!
Please if anyone knows a work around this, let me know because this is messed up! :/

JayShades

Mar 29, 2013
Phew, fixed it, lol, just another factory reset through the built in recovery mode fixed it! That was close! I was scared to death haha!

JayShades

Mar 29, 2013
Alright so I finally managed to install CyanogenMod 10.1 on the Rogers I747M! Woohoo!

Why it wasn't installing earlier was because the CyanogenMod is made for d2att devices but the I747M is d2mtr so it was failing that test & wouldn't go any further. Fo rfuture reference for anyone I guess:

1. Make sure that your sdacrd is not encrypted before trying to install any ROM except when using Odin.
2. There is a line on CryanogenMod that needs to be deleted for it to be installed on any I747M device, open the CyanogenMod zip file & go to /META-INF/com/google/android/ & open the updater script using a text editing software (i.e. Notepad) & delete all the lines before the first mount line.

& with that CyanogenMod will work without a hitch on the I747M! :D

Thanks & cheers Cyanogen team!

Reactions: xBeerdroiDx

blackwing182

Nov 21, 2010
Naranjito P.R
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9
Alright so I finally managed to install CyanogenMod 10.1 on the Rogers I747M! Woohoo!

Why it wasn't installing earlier was because the CyanogenMod is made for d2att devices but the I747M is d2mtr so it was failing that test & wouldn't go any further. Fo rfuture reference for anyone I guess:

1. Make sure that your sdacrd is not encrypted before trying to install any ROM except when using Odin.
2. There is a line on CryanogenMod that needs to be deleted for it to be installed on any I747M device, open the CyanogenMod zip file & go to /META-INF/com/google/android/ & open the updater script using a text editing software (i.e. Notepad) & delete all the lines before the first mount line.

not only the i747M is d2mtr, my Galaxy s3 is i747M d2can(d2ub). but i can flash d2 att cm10.1 w/o problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Akashramesh13

Dec 1, 2013
Thank You Brother

Brother I tried to flash a MIUI rom and that Idiot gave an ascend rom in i9300 forum ... So after I flashed it ... My phone was struck on the boot screen and was unable to mount sd card ... I forgot this option .... Thank you ... But unfortunately all my backups were in the sd card and I had to format it .... Still stuck on boot screen but i think I can manage it ... :) :) :)

jsonexe

Jan 9, 2012
MANILA
www.facebook.com
solution:

Hello everyone, I'm sure that this has been asked quite a few times but after trying for hours & hours I finally decided that I'll get some help :)

I'm using a Rogers GS3.

So I have the Rogers Stock ROM installed, which is: root66_RWC_I747MVLDLK4 (That's JB4.1).
& the latest CWM flashed(recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.3.0-d2tmo) which works quite great!

CWM mounts & shows the files on my external sd without a hitch but what it doesn't mount is the internal sd, it's the common error (When I try to view files to install it says; E: Can't mount /sdcard & when I try to manually mount it; Error mounting /sdcard).

Please, any help is appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Cheers!

try formatting your sd card to fat 32...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dear friends, sorry for my interference, i having CWM recovery v 6.0.4.3 on GT N7100, i used to flash omega ROM 4.3, everything went well until i got stuck on Samsung log and the phone did want restart, i decided to go on CWM recovery, stunned with this message
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
    E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
    E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
    But still I can go on download mode, my question can I brick the CWM root by flashing stock or official Samsung rom downloaded from summobile website with odin
    Or how can please resolve this problem, i read something in this thread to solve the prob with TWRP recovery ? any help please
    This forum is for the s3 i747/i747m. You have the international version of the note 2.

The best thing to do is download the latest stock ROM from sammobile.com, flash the phone using Odin 3.07, after flashing, immediately boot into stock recovery, do a full wipe, and reboot. Once the phone is running the latest stock Kit Kat, re-install cwm or twrp, flash your custom ROM and Gapps.

If you have data on your phone that you need, flash the latest TWRP, mount the data partition, copy what you need, and either flash back to stock with Odin or flash another custom ROM.
    Yes sorry this what i did , i flashed latest 422 stockrom from summobile, once boot intorecovery , it take me to same CWM v 6.0.4.3 with same cant mount sd .cash etc, i tried twrp 2.8.0.4, same thing stuck with CWM recovery, any note 2 thread that deals with the pro, sorry for any incovenience

If you flashed the stock ROM using Odin, you should be running stock recovery, not CWM. Sounds like the Odin flash may not have worked.
    Yes mate, i think odin3 3.09 is not flashing any thing !! i got official rom from summobile, 4.2.2, when boot on recovery should be stock recovery right but suddenly always reverted to CWM v 6.0.4.3, i tried to use odin to flash another recovery like twrp (openrecovery-twrp-2.8.4.0-t03g.img) file , but returned to CWM v 6.0.4.3, it so strange but i noticed also that the phone is not charging , i 'm using external battery charger to try all this, hope the problem is not about hardware, i think there is something wrong either with the recovery or lost bootloader because im not on MJ5 bootloader or the recovery is corrupted, or may be there is a prob with ABD
    tomorrow i will try odin 30.7 !!!

Use Odin 3.07 instead.

Open Odin 3.07, uncheck everything except f.reset time, click on PDA box and select the tar file, connect phone in download mode, flash, when you see the word reset in the status window, remove USB cable, remove battery, replace battery, boot into recovery, perform a full wipe, reboot phone.
    Are you getting a message on the Odin window that the flash was successful? Post a screen shot and use win7.