Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,758 Members 37,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone know how to get data calls working using TAPI?

Tip us?

Mint Imperial
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Anyone know how to get data calls working using TAPI?

Hi

I've written an event driven driver that uses a combination of SimMgr, RAS and TAPI to enable GPRS and GSM calls on a closed PPC system (no Windows shell running). This works perfectly OK on the original XDA.

The problem on the XDA 2 is that I cannot make or receive data calls, but voice calls and GPRS work fine. I'm setting the PhoneExtendFunction registry key data to the relevant values (v.110, ISDN line) and setting the LINECALLPARAMS struture to use data calls before being passed to the lineMakeCall() function.

The call is dialed and an 'OK' async message comes back from the TAPI layer. Immediately following this is a 'call disconnected' message and an 'unreachable' error code is returned. The dialed data line is valid and has been checked uing the original XDA.

Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? It looks like something else needs to be setup but I don't know what. The only conclusion I have come to the that there must be a minor difference between how the orginal XDA handled data calls and how the XDA 2 one does. Data calls do work when tried under the Windows shell.

Any help would be much appreciated.

DiCanio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had exactly the same problem....on GSM data calls, TAPI returned an error on dialing/receiving GSM data calls (LINEDISCONNECTMODE_UNREACHABLE).

To cure this problem, you will require a ROM CE/Ext/Radio Stack upgrade.