Search This thread

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
Feyer's Resurrection ROM

List of Requirements***
  • Must be rooted
  • Must have working version of Clockwork Mod installed
-Note-
If you recently flashed the Steven J Hill 0.3 Rom all this will be included on your device no need to do anything else.

Flashing instructions
  1. Boot into CWM
  2. Factory Reset
  3. Wipe Cache
  4. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Under advanced if you don't know)
  5. select my .zip from your SD card and let it run its course
  6. Let it bake for 30-45 mins before using to help rom settle

Rom Features
  • based on SJH V0.3 with SJH Kernel (not Overclockable)
  • Overall Stability improvement
  • Removed browser to avoid issues with java pick one up from the playstore (Suggested is Opera)
  • debloated (Also removed many SJH apps that were preinstalled to clear room on internal SD)
  • De-Odexed
  • rooted (Superuser included)
  • Minimal Gapps preinstalled (If you want other Google Services get them from the playstore)
  • changed model build in build.prop to match T301
  • changed DM heapsize to 32 MB (Should help with some apps running out of memory)
  • updated DalvikTurbo libdvm to the newest available for Froyo
  • Doesn't change recovery partition so your CWM stays intact
  • Some other things can't remember them all

Theme Related
  • Changed default launcher to Launcherpro and removed stock launcher for storage reasons (if you don't like it don't use my ROM)
  • changed default wallpaper
  • Adjusted lock screen for easier unlocking (Heard a lot of complaints about other ROMs lock screens)
  • changed font to Ubuntu default
  • adjusted DPI to match Nexus 7 (213 DPI instead of 240)
  • changed default boot animation (Runs Choppy I will make adjustments in Alpha 2)
  • added overall blue tint to windows and pop ups
  • adjusted icons for status bar
  • changed swipe down menu with new look
  • Changed appearance of loading indicator

Things not working on Rom
  • Status Bar still on top trying to move keys to bottom to match ICS
  • Overclocking (Somthing in the Kernel that needs to be worked out)
  • Some HW Acceleration (I don't even know if Froyo or MIPS had HWA but I know that it doesn't work properly on this device)
  • Ram comsumption issues (See Below for Tips and Tricks)
  • a whole ton of apps (We have ingenic Mips jz4760 and most apps are made for ARM not MIPS)
  • CURRENTLY ROOT ISN'T WORKING WILL FIX IN NEXT RELEASE

***Tips and Tricks on using your T301***
  • Use a task killer(I know they are taboo but they do help on this tablet)
  • Limit number of Widgets
  • Limit apps with notifications (Disable noifications on apps if you can)
  • Limit number of apps you have installed (Don't go download happy and fill up your internal storage)
  • Limit multitasking (The more apps running the slower it will get)

Last edited:
Reactions: zmacc and frangall

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
2/19/2013
Code:
Services
- changed Dalvik heap to 40MB to help out with applications
- Services.jar [url="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276/"]Superchargered[/url]
- Rom is De-Odexed (Realized I posted wrong on alpha 1)
- batterymod now working (hopefully better battery life)

Theme
- Fixed Notifications to remove blue hue
- added blue glow effect
- battery themed
- wide scale Ubuntu font to match Ubuntu 12.10
- Better themed notification pane

2/6/2013
Code:
Initial release

Reactions: frangall

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
The Thread is open I hope that anyone with a Cruz T301 is still interested in this ROM. Most people have moved on but I figured I would provide files downloads and help. Anyone that wants to play around with my update and put different things into can. Feel free to use it as a base for other Roms.

Antifreeze2173

Apr 14, 2013
Been using this rom for a few days now and I love it... it's fast, sleek and haven't had any problems with it... excluding the root issue..

Any updates on when the root issue is going to be fixed? I've tried my hand at rooting it myself but keep running into the dreaded "SU: unknown user root" issue.

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
Been using this rom for a few days now and I love it... it's fast, sleek and haven't had any problems with it... excluding the root issue..

Any updates on when the root issue is going to be fixed? I've tried my hand at rooting it myself but keep running into the dreaded "SU: unknown user root" issue.

It is in the works, but I keep running into bootloop issues with A3 that I am trying to smooth out before releasing it. Currently an ETA isn't available... But I promise It is in the works!

icemaker2

Jun 2, 2013
Problem with Opera

Hello,
First thank you for this great work.
I installed Resurrection 2.2.1 version without problem.
By cons when I try to install Opera message says "your device is not compatible."
Same with Firefox. Any idea?

Thank you for your answers.

Excuse my bad English is not my native language! :(

coldwar23

Jun 25, 2013
Works great! Thanks Feyer :)

Hi I am a noob android enthusiast that got a t301 from a friend to mess around with. After reading a lot of your earlier forum work on this project I decided to try the Alpha Resurrection and it works great :) Thank you soooooo much for making this tablet useful again! Your tweaks and deletions of garbage was just what this baby needed. Don't know where we would all be without yourself and Steven J Hill, but thanks to you both. I signed up for xda just to tell ya that. Your directions were clear and worked great! I think some folks that were having probs may not have cleared out all caches like you suggest, as I have encountered similar probs on other roms. All in all a great ROM and it has been fun reading the forums and watching ya grow into your own dev self :) Keep up the great work and I'll keep watching for updates.

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
Ever get OC worked out? Just dug this thing out and booted it up for the first time in forever.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

No I have no clue how to develop a kernel... had a few guys peeter out on me with development and so I have slowed down on making a new version. For some reason Root doesn't hold and I have tried all the tricks I know. It is weird developing for MiPS

TotesMyGoats

Jul 7, 2013
Connersville
I had never heard of MiPS before this tablet. But I'm starting to mess with developing, so I'll give a kernel a go when I get to that point

Reactions: feyerbrand

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
I had never heard of MiPS before this tablet. But I'm starting to mess with developing, so I'll give a kernel a go when I get to that point

Yea it seems like MIPS is generally used in china only and so development is very limited. You can always swing by http://www.imgtec.com/mips/developers/ and get started there... kinda a pain to work with since I have not really found any other developers to help me out I'm not really an experienced dev haha

TotesMyGoats

Jul 7, 2013
Connersville
Yea it seems like MIPS is generally used in china only and so development is very limited. You can always swing by http://www.imgtec.com/mips/developers/ and get started there... kinda a pain to work with since I have not really found any other developers to help me out I'm not really an experienced dev haha

I will see what I can do. I tried to compile my first kernel (for my phone) last night and got an error, gonna try to fix it today and get it compiled. Once I do, I'll look into this, and definitely take a look at that link.

feyerbrand

Feb 2, 2011
I will see what I can do. I tried to compile my first kernel (for my phone) last night and got an error, gonna try to fix it today and get it compiled. Once I do, I'll look into this, and definitely take a look at that link.

Well if you find success let me know and I will take a crack at adding it to the updated version of the ROM. I am still trying to find out why it doesn't allow super user access. It has been a real puzzler.

bigz1981

Mar 8, 2012
What's the latest news on this? I'm fixing one for a friend, and would love to see maybe a beta version released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Feyer's Resurrection ROM

List of Requirements***
    • Must be rooted
    • Must have working version of Clockwork Mod installed
    -Note-
    If you recently flashed the Steven J Hill 0.3 Rom all this will be included on your device no need to do anything else.

Flashing instructions
    1. Boot into CWM
    2. Factory Reset
    3. Wipe Cache
    4. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Under advanced if you don't know)
    5. select my .zip from your SD card and let it run its course
    6. Let it bake for 30-45 mins before using to help rom settle

Rom Features
    • based on SJH V0.3 with SJH Kernel (not Overclockable)
    • Overall Stability improvement
    • Removed browser to avoid issues with java pick one up from the playstore (Suggested is Opera)
    • debloated (Also removed many SJH apps that were preinstalled to clear room on internal SD)
    • De-Odexed
    • rooted (Superuser included)
    • Minimal Gapps preinstalled (If you want other Google Services get them from the playstore)
    • changed model build in build.prop to match T301
    • changed DM heapsize to 32 MB (Should help with some apps running out of memory)
    • updated DalvikTurbo libdvm to the newest available for Froyo
    • Doesn't change recovery partition so your CWM stays intact
    • Some other things can't remember them all

Theme Related
    • Changed default launcher to Launcherpro and removed stock launcher for storage reasons (if you don't like it don't use my ROM)
    • changed default wallpaper
    • Adjusted lock screen for easier unlocking (Heard a lot of complaints about other ROMs lock screens)
    • changed font to Ubuntu default
    • adjusted DPI to match Nexus 7 (213 DPI instead of 240)
    • changed default boot animation (Runs Choppy I will make adjustments in Alpha 2)
    • added overall blue tint to windows and pop ups
    • adjusted icons for status bar
    • changed swipe down menu with new look
    • Changed appearance of loading indicator

Things not working on Rom
    • Status Bar still on top trying to move keys to bottom to match ICS
    • Overclocking (Somthing in the Kernel that needs to be worked out)
    • Some HW Acceleration (I don't even know if Froyo or MIPS had HWA but I know that it doesn't work properly on this device)
    • Ram comsumption issues (See Below for Tips and Tricks)
    • a whole ton of apps (We have ingenic Mips jz4760 and most apps are made for ARM not MIPS)
    • CURRENTLY ROOT ISN'T WORKING WILL FIX IN NEXT RELEASE

***Tips and Tricks on using your T301***
    • Use a task killer(I know they are taboo but they do help on this tablet)
    • Limit number of Widgets
    • Limit apps with notifications (Disable noifications on apps if you can)
    • Limit number of apps you have installed (Don't go download happy and fill up your internal storage)
    • Limit multitasking (The more apps running the slower it will get)
    2/19/2013
    Code:
    Services
    - changed Dalvik heap to 40MB to help out with applications
    - Services.jar [url="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276/"]Superchargered[/url]
    - Rom is De-Odexed (Realized I posted wrong on alpha 1)
    - batterymod now working (hopefully better battery life)

Theme
    - Fixed Notifications to remove blue hue
    - added blue glow effect
    - battery themed
    - wide scale Ubuntu font to match Ubuntu 12.10
    - Better themed notification pane

2/6/2013
    Code:
    Initial release