[ROM][Player4][US/Intl] CyanogenMod CM9 Preview Builds for the Galaxy Player 4
CyanogenMod 9 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is a preview build of CM9 for the Samsung Galaxy Player 4. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.
Note: Please backup your efs in case of something goes wrong (the zip should backup it but we're never too sure) To do so execute this command:
Preview Install instructions:
dd if=/dev/block/stl3 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs
1. Download cm-9-20130402-kernel-preflash.zip
2. Download cm-9-20130408-UNOFFICIAL-ypg1.zip
3. Make all your backups.
4. Remove external sdcard (will be resolved later)
5. Make sure your efs is intact (not blank).
6. Boot into recovery, make more backups.
7. Flash cm-9-20130402-kernel-preflash.zip (temporary workaround for first-time install)
8. Flash cm-9-20130408-UNOFFICIAL-ypg1.zip
When you install for the first time, there is a conversion to the new MTD partition layout. The installer will flash the new kernel and reboot. It is possible for this process to hang up on the samsung logo (still working that part out). It is normal to see the Samsung logo appear 3 seperate times during this reboot phase. **Please wait at least a minute before assuming you are stuck.** If this happens, you should extract the boot.img from the installer zip and flash it with heimdall (heimdall flash --kernel boot.img, or other appropriate GUI methods). It should boot back into recovery and continue the installation. Once the install finishes, it should reboot once more back into recovery, which gives you the opportunity to flash your gapps.
**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them. Recommended and highly suggested are the 4.0.4 gapps from goo.im.
Back Camera: Still pictures work and will be clear although the preview window doesn't focus correctly. Video recording is working?
Front Camera: Still pictures and video works, although it's rotated 90 degrees.
Bluetooth (Turns on, but devices are not visible)
External sdcard symlink (can still be accessed through /mnt/emmc)
Device tree: https://github.com/bbelos/android_device_samsung_ypg1
Kernel source: https://github.com/bbelos/android_ke...msung_palladio