"It’s happened to all of us. You’re lying in bed and have screen auto-rotation on, and as soon as you open an up on your home screen, the screen turns sideways. Yes, we know we can turn off the auto-rotation in the settings, or change the position of the phone until the text is upright once more, but we’re a lazy people, in a lazy generation aided by technology, and if there’s an app for something, then problem fixed."
'OrientationLocker' enables you to toggle the Auto-rotate mechanism EASILY.
Each time you change the screen orientation without any need of pulling down the status bar, going to settings or using external application.
Each time you rotate your phone, the lock symbol will appear and by a single click you will be able to choose whether you want your screen to rotate or not !
• DONATION version offers the following features :
- Setting the symbol opacity.
- the symbol offset.
- More options for symbol timeout.
- Setting notification icon as transparent.
This app will NOT lock your screen permanently in any orientation, it uses the Android auto-rotate mechanism in order to control the screen orientation !
The app requests several permissions - it's all for making it more usable ,
I.E. it will ask for Read Phone status and identity for not interrupting while in call / ring.
GooglePlay free app:
Google Play donation app :
Changelog (full changelog can be found in Google Play)
1.6.2 - Fixed bug where sometimes symbol doesn't disappear.
1.6.1 (Only Donation version, normal is still 1.6) - Small bugfix with transparent icon.
• [DONATION VER] Added slider for symbol timeout (2 - 10 seconds)
• [DONATION VER] Added option for transparent notification icon.
• Fixed minor bugs.
• Removed some log entries.
• Fixed the bug where app sometimes crashes.
• Fixed app not starting on boot.
• Added option to show only lock image as symbol (no background mode)
• Fixed short timeout when rotating phone while symbol appears.
• Fixed opacity value not loaded on application start-up.