Downgrade from 4.1.2 back to 4.1.1

1st April 2013, 05:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

335 posts
Hi,

Today I upgraded my daughter's S III mini from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 on Vodafone Romania (stock original rom UNrooted).

The first thing I've seen was that the lockscreen doesn't have anymore the ripple effect. It has an old style unlock showing a lock.
I found that this is a Samsung decision here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119687

Now, the problem is that I would like to downgrade the rom back to previous 4.1.1.

Can you help me with some information about how to do-it on this UNrooted device?

Regards,
Stefan
Last edited by stefanjadex; 1st April 2013 at 05:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stefanjadex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2013, 06:33 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,246

1,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanjadex

Hi,

Today I upgraded my daughter's S III mini from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 on Vodafone Romania (stock original rom UNrooted).

The first thing I've seen was that the lockscreen doesn't have anymore the ripple effect. It has an old style unlock showing a lock.
I found that this is a Samsung decision here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2119687

Now, the problem is that I would like to downgrade the rom back to previous 4.1.1.

Can you help me with some information about how to do-it on this UNrooted device?

Regards,
Stefan

Download 4.1.1. firmware (vodafone Romania), do a factory reset, enter download mode, connect to odin and flash.
1st April 2013, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
Re: Downgrade from 4.1.2 back to 4.1.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

Download 4.1.1. firmware (vodafone Romania), do a factory reset, enter download mode, connect to odin and flash.

Thank you.
I never did this (flash through odin) on an UNrooted phone. Is it possible?

Stefan.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
1st April 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,246

1,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanjadex

Thank you.
I never did this (flash through odin) on an UNrooted phone. Is it possible?

Stefan.

Odin doesn't require root. It's samsungs flashtool and you'll be flashing official firmware. Easy as that
Just remember to do factory reset before, so backup what you want to keep otherwise it will be gone.
If no reset is done beforehand you'll have bootloops and / or force closing apps. (downgrade issue)
It can still be solved, but this is the easiest way.
1st April 2013, 07:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tys0n

Odin doesn't require root. It's samsungs flashtool and you'll be flashing official firmware. Easy as that
Just remember to do factory reset before, so backup what you want to keep otherwise it will be gone.
If no reset is done beforehand you'll have bootloops and / or force closing apps. (downgrade issue)
It can still be solved, but this is the easiest way.

Thank you again.
I'll do it like you said.

Regards,
Stefan

2nd April 2013, 02:11 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 20

117 posts
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2171702

there are the solution for your problems... this link show how to enable ripple effect (water effect) hugs

Send from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2 (sorry for bad english, I'm from Brazil)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread