NOTE 8 Apps for N7000{SNote App with Ideasketch, Splanner and More }

Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
INFO: This thread used to be on the NOTE N7000 forum as it is a thread to port the NOTE 8 Apps to work on the phablet and tablet custom N7000 roms. These ported apps were specifically modded for the Note N7000 and I don't know if it would work on other devices. I don't know how this thread would be useful in the Note 8 forum but it was moved here for some reason. This is to let users be aware of what the succeeding posts are talking about.

For those asking for Galaxy Note 8 files, below is the link for the fully deodex system dump. Remember, it is non-flashable so you must know what you are doing. Because of upload size limits on hosting sites, I have put them into two zip files. Have fun, Guys. :)

Galaxy Note 8 System dump : Part 1 and Part 2

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Here I will share working Galaxy Note 8 apps. As the note 8 uses 213 dpi, these apps work quite well at that dpi. As I am using phablet ui, I have tested these apps at my preferred UI 213, 220 & 225 dpi Phablet, also works with Tablet UI. I have not tested it on 320 or 240 dpi Phone UI so if you use it at 320 or 240 dpi, make sure to use Xposed Framework and App Settings Module to set the dpi in case it doesn;t work at your preferred dpi. These apps support floating multiwindows and quite better than the note 10.1 apps as they are the perfect size in window mode.

How to Install: If the file is a zip file, then flash thru recovery. If it is an apk file, then use root browser lite, es explorer, root explorer or solid explorer to copy apk file to /system/app folder setting file permission to 644. Don't forget to delete the corresponding stock app so there will be no conflict. For example, if you copy SecTabletMusicPlayer.apk then you need to delete MusicPlayer.apk...

1. SNOTE - flash thru recovery.

2. TW Launcher - native dpi is 213
3. Awesome Note
4. Splanner with perfectly fitted widget at 213 dpi
5. Music Player
6. File Manager
7. Task Manager
8. Alarm
9 World Clock
10. MMS
11. Email - SecExchange
12. Gallery
13. Video Player
14. Weather Widget - file1 and file2
15. Flipboard
16. Browser
17. Calculator
18. Samsung Apps Tablet
19. Download Provider UI - white theme
20. TabletDigitalClock
21. TabletDualClockDigital
22. WallpaperChooser
23. Tablet_SamsungWidget_Program_Monitor
24. Yahoo News Tablet

25. Polaris Office Tablet - flash thru recovery and change ro.product.model value to GT-N5100 using build prop editor.

26. Wallpapers - download below...

Attachments

• 2013-03-31-18-34-57.jpg
    2013-03-31-18-34-57.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 14,477
  • 2013-04-02-09-37-36.jpg
    2013-04-02-09-37-36.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 12,604
  • 2013-04-02-09-40-40.jpg
    2013-04-02-09-40-40.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 11,359
  • 2013-04-02-09-41-28.jpg
    2013-04-02-09-41-28.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 11,430
  • tablet_wxga_001.jpg
    tablet_wxga_001.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 8,612
  • tablet_wxga_002.jpg
    tablet_wxga_002.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 7,980
  • tablet_wxga_007.jpg
    tablet_wxga_007.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7,474
  • tablet_wxga_008.jpg
    tablet_wxga_008.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6,926
Last edited:

Kamy

Aug 29, 2012
Beijing
Re: NOTE 8 Apps {SNote App with Ideasketch, Splanner and More }

Great and nice sharing. Thanks mate.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk HD

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
Thank you for making this readily available. Of the apps demonstrated on the video I was really most impressed with the settings. Not sure if that is part of TW. Is this usable on N7000? If so can this be added to the repository?

Edit: Just looked at the images in OP. Floating keyboard is very nice! I've used tswipe is floating keyboard but Note 8's looks much better. Splanner looks nice too.

Last edited:

Namanarusia

Mar 28, 2012
aNote HD

Stunner 2 CM10.1 Rom and still able to run aNote HD. But as usual, some bugs:
ForceClose in aNote HD when 1> closing the app; 2> phone boots up.

RegArdless Awesome job.

munishjoshi

Jan 10, 2011
jalandhar

launcher is not working

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

ianbbaa

Dec 27, 2008

VIdeo player & Gallery keep force close

For all...if you face FCs after REPLACING of new apks - clear data of the app after you get FC after installation!!!

Settings/application/all.....find the app - clear data.

Sh....t xperiacle I just stopped to replacing things on my phone from the dump and I see you got the apps all here already...could save me some time if I waited on you. ;)

Good work man

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Kamy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INFO: This thread used to be on the NOTE N7000 forum as it is a thread to port the NOTE 8 Apps to work on the phablet and tablet custom N7000 roms. These ported apps were specifically modded for the Note N7000 and I don't know if it would work on other devices. I don't know how this thread would be useful in the Note 8 forum but it was moved here for some reason. This is to let users be aware of what the succeeding posts are talking about.

For those asking for Galaxy Note 8 files, below is the link for the fully deodex system dump. Remember, it is non-flashable so you must know what you are doing. Because of upload size limits on hosting sites, I have put them into two zip files. Have fun, Guys. :)

Galaxy Note 8 System dump : Part 1 and Part 2

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Here I will share working Galaxy Note 8 apps. As the note 8 uses 213 dpi, these apps work quite well at that dpi. As I am using phablet ui, I have tested these apps at my preferred UI 213, 220 & 225 dpi Phablet, also works with Tablet UI. I have not tested it on 320 or 240 dpi Phone UI so if you use it at 320 or 240 dpi, make sure to use Xposed Framework and App Settings Module to set the dpi in case it doesn;t work at your preferred dpi. These apps support floating multiwindows and quite better than the note 10.1 apps as they are the perfect size in window mode.

How to Install: If the file is a zip file, then flash thru recovery. If it is an apk file, then use root browser lite, es explorer, root explorer or solid explorer to copy apk file to /system/app folder setting file permission to 644. Don't forget to delete the corresponding stock app so there will be no conflict. For example, if you copy SecTabletMusicPlayer.apk then you need to delete MusicPlayer.apk...

1. SNOTE - flash thru recovery.

2. TW Launcher - native dpi is 213
    3. Awesome Note
    4. Splanner with perfectly fitted widget at 213 dpi
    5. Music Player
    6. File Manager
    7. Task Manager
    8. Alarm
    9 World Clock
    10. MMS
    11. Email - SecExchange
    12. Gallery
    13. Video Player
    14. Weather Widget - file1 and file2
    15. Flipboard
    16. Browser
    17. Calculator
    18. Samsung Apps Tablet
    19. Download Provider UI - white theme
    20. TabletDigitalClock
    21. TabletDualClockDigital
    22. WallpaperChooser
    23. Tablet_SamsungWidget_Program_Monitor
    24. Yahoo News Tablet

25. Polaris Office Tablet - flash thru recovery and change ro.product.model value to GT-N5100 using build prop editor.

26. Wallpapers - download below...

I have just added Note 8 wallpapers. Download below.

I am trying to port the Reading Mode feature. I have already modded stock note1 SecSettings with the Reading Mode option and the ability to add apps for reading mode. The next will be adding the toggle on the SystemUI and adding the necessary code in android.policy. I am not sure if it will actually be ported as looking into the code in android.policy, it is somehow manipulating mdnie values in the kernel level. I know nothing about kernels so maybe a kernel dev out there can enlighten me about mdnie theory in the kernel. Maybe if we can get the mdnie variables/values for reading mode, we could just add that option in the screen mode options in display settings. For those who want to see partly how the Reading mode option in SecSettings look like and ablity to add apps, you can download the modded SecSettings below and copy it to where your original SecSettings.apk is (/system/app folder or maybe preload). Be sure to make a backup.

SecSettings.apk - I used thaidai's multi-language SecSettings so it may work on all versions. Thanks to him.

The keyboard is quite tricky to install so I may have to explore more.
    As this thread has become a duplicate of another thread in the same forum, I think I have no need to maintain it so I might ask the moderators to delete this thread. To users, I request that you head over to the other thread as it has a more complete collection than this one. Cheers for understanding. :D

I don't thinks so any moderator can be found in that thread you are talking about. Just collecting from other threads and earning free credits. BTW, he has no ideas what's difference between S4 and Note8. Snote goodies had been shared first here. Please don't close it since you as a great moderator can properly observe your mods and answer future problems.
    I know the email FC when going to settings. It is because samsung added enterprise security features to its recent devices/firmwares to attract enterprise adoption of its products but I managed to solve the issue and I will release a fix soon. I am also aware of the Video Player and Gallery bugs. I managed to figure out a solution for the Video Player but I have yet to figure out the Gallery.

As for those asking for note 8 related files, I will upload the whole non-flashable deodexed note 8 rom so you can tinker with apps/files you want.

Update: Just added the Note 8 system dump on first post.
    This is not fair, i thought he has taken xperiacles permission.:mad:
    This is important: "getting permission" and "giving credit" is not the same. It should always be that way.