Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Confirmed!! T-Mobile Concord (V768) ROOT and BOOT-LOOP fix!!

OP fathertomany

5th April 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

27 posts
I have T-Mobile android 2.3.7 build number V768V1.0.0B19

Sent from my ZTE V768 using xda app-developers app
5th April 2013, 06:29 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southwest corner, Missouri
Thanks Meter: 199

377 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhdr

I tried again with no luck. In the Root ZTE Concord thread a few of us tried and were never able to get into recovery mode.

I just tried the steps you listed but I get the same screen with the white box and arrow and if I continue to hold the power and volume down button it causes the phone to reboot. If I keep holding down the power and volume down even after it reboots it just repeats, green android screen, white box screen, reboot, green android screen, white box, reboot, etc. I can record a video of the screen later today if you are interested.

Did you ever install an over the air update? I did months ago and I wonder if that update changes or removes how to get into recovery mode.

I will attempt to find this screen later when my son gets home. 3:30pm central.I have only owned the phone for about 1 1/2 months. I do not believe that I have received any update OTA or any other way. my son downloads a lot of CRAP. He eventually got stuck in the pink logo boot-loop. I proceeded to do the boot-loop fix that I listed and after the factory reset to get out of it, I confirmed that it booted normally, turned the phone off and went back into recovery.

One thing I did notice about this phone is the power button. It is "weird". I am one of those that mash the buttons EXTRA hard to insure that they are being pressed. I make sure that I use both hands, one finger on each hand for each button and I hold as still as possible. Making sure that I don't toggle any buttons. at first, my phone would some how be stuck on the green android that is by himself. What your are saying sounds similar but I never noticed the white box. I think that this might be the download mode. if you have some kind of case on the phone, try removing it.
Last edited by fathertomany; 5th April 2013 at 06:33 PM.
5th April 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
OTA update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkool96

I have T-Mobile android 2.3.7 build number V768V1.0.0B19

Have you ever applied the over the air update? I have and I wonder if that has eliminated the ability to get into recovery mode.
5th April 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

377 posts
Donate to Me
More
I stated in my previous post that I have not noticed one. I bought the phone at the end of February. I rooted the phone the night before I posted this tutorial. I will check the build version as soon as my son gets home. FYI, The rom is totally stock as no one has had this rooted, unlocked bootloader or otherwise, that I know of.

Sent from my LIQUIDSMOOTH SGH-T989
The Following User Says Thank You to fathertomany For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2013, 07:15 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fathertomany

I will attempt to find this screen later when my son gets home. 3:30pm central.I have only owned the phone for about 1 1/2 months. I do not believe that I have received any update OTA or any other way. my son downloads a lot of CRAP. He eventually got stuck in the pink logo boot-loop. I proceeded to do the boot-loop fix that I listed and after the factory reset to get out of it, I confirmed that it booted normally, turned the phone off and went back into recovery.

One thing I did notice about this phone is the power button. It is "weird". I am one of those that mash the buttons EXTRA hard to insure that they are being pressed. I make sure that I use both hands, one finger on each hand for each button and I hold as still as possible. Making sure that I don't toggle any buttons. at first, my phone would some how be stuck on the green android that is by himself. What your are saying sounds similar but I never noticed the white box. I think that this might be the download mode. if you have some kind of case on the phone, try removing it.

I tried again and made sure to hold the buttons firmly without moving but have the same result. Maybe your son never applied the OTA update and that's why you can get in recovery mode.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote:

I stated in my previous post that I have not noticed one. I bought the phone at the end of February. I rooted the phone the night before I posted this tutorial. I will check the build version as soon as my son gets home. FYI, The rom is totally stock as no one has had this rooted, unlocked bootloader or otherwise, that I know of.

I was just wondering if the OTA update was applied by bkool96 and maybe that's why we both can't get recovery mode to boot.
5th April 2013, 07:22 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

377 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you are willing to back up what you can and then do a factory restore. You might have luck that way. I will try to get into recovery later today since my son has been using the phone but I may still be able to seeing as how I am already rooted.

5th April 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

377 posts
Donate to Me
More
Also, googling it, I noticed that I may be A** backwards. Meaning, Try Volume UP and the power button. If that works then I will edit the tutorial.

Last edited by fathertomany; 5th April 2013 at 07:54 PM.
5th April 2013, 08:02 PM   |  #18  

27 posts
Quote:

Also, googling it, I noticed that I may be A** backwards. Meaning, Try Volume UP and the power button. If that works then I will edit the tutorial.

I'm pretty sure its volume down+power button. Im stuck at the green android with volume up and I get into recovery with volume down for like 3 seconds then it reboots with a yellow error message mentioning something about the /data directory

5th April 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

377 posts
Donate to Me
More
When you press the volume up and power buttons, DO NOT let them go until the Android with the triangle appears. Then follow the rest of the guide. I remember getting frozen at the green Android by himself.:banghead:

Last edited by fathertomany; 5th April 2013 at 08:11 PM.
5th April 2013, 08:32 PM   |  #20  

27 posts
Quote:

When you press the volume up and power buttons, DO NOT let them go until the Android with the triangle appears. Then follow the rest of the guide. I remember getting frozen at the green Android by himself.:banghead:

I tried it again and its still a no go. Maybe its my phones build number that the recovery mode doesn't like?

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhdr

Have you ever applied the over the air update? I have and I wonder if that has eliminated the ability to get into recovery mode.

I updated back at the end of December which fixed problems I had with mounting the USB storage on my Mac

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread