Tutorial :- Changing App Icons
This is a little Tutorial about changing app icons permanently. There was a lot of applications available in Playstore like
“ icon changer free” etc etc to change the app icons. But the problem is that u cant use that changed apps in ur app drawer. U can only use that in ur home screen as a shortcut.
So I just decided to put a little tutorial to do that easily. I know everybody will know this already. But it will help for someone I am sure….
Credit goes to my friend dewanshu93
for teaching me this by personally
Credit Why So Serious?
For the Icons
(And Sorry For My Bad English)
(a) One PC
(b) 7 zip
(c) Some good icons
1) Get some cool icons from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2207136
and save it ur PC. Give him big thanks for the work.
Edit:- If u need some cool Galaxy S4 icons means go here: - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2216289
Please give thanks for his work..
2) Put the apps u want to change the icons to a Folder in ur PC. For example SemcAlbum, Phonebook, Browser etc
3) Here I am taking the Phonebook app for Example..
4) Right Click the Phonebook apk -> Open With -> 7zip File Manager. Then U will get a box contained some files like this
5) Then double click on the res folder and u get another box like this
6) Find the folder named “ drawable-xhdpi “ and open it. U will get This
7) And most important thing is u need to find the original icon and its name of the phonebook.apk or whatever apk u take …
8) For that an easy way is create a new folder in ur PC’s Desktop and select all the images from the box ( Image 3 ) then drag it to the that new folder in the desktop.
9)Then open that folder then search for original the apk icon. like this
10) In my case the name of the Phonebook.apk’s icon is “ic_launcher_contacts “. So just note down the icon name and then open the folder that contains the icons that u downloaded. Like this
11) And choose which icon u need and select it. Then rename it to the exact name of the original apk icon. ( For example ic_launcher_contacts )
12) After that just drag that renamed icon to res/drawable-xhdpi. It will ask for overright. Press Ok or Yes. That’s it. Copy the apk to ur phone and move it to the System/app with correct permission…
Check this Two Attached Two images for your reference .
U can do it with almost all the apks. But I cant guarantee that it will work with all apks. Some System apks did not worked for me…
And also u can take icos from other apks too..
And this is my first work in XDA. Any mistake is there means I am sorry…