Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HELP!! Soft bricked and odin wont recognize!!

Tip us?

sohood317
Old
(Last edited by sohood317; 4th April 2013 at 11:57 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default HELP!! Soft bricked and odin wont recognize!!

Hello i was flashing a new ROM and some how i borked it and now stuck on galaxy note 2 screen. So i installed up to date drivers and latest odin, downloaded a .tar for my phone and now the computer says "does not recognize device" and odin wont recognize either. It was actually doing the "device not recognized" thing before i borked this evening. So basically i cant use odin and cant get into recovery, when the phone is off and i plug in the charger it just hangs on the battery screen even though it don't move and the screen stays on when i unplug the charger, PLEASE HELP!! I was on latest att stock TW rooted ROM. Any help would be great!! Oh and it will go into download mode, PC just wont recognize device.

twanskys204
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 971
Default Re: HELP!! Soft bricked and odin wont recognize!!

Boot into recovery and factory reset

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

Take your sd out of your phone pop it in the computer transfer it and flash bam..keep a backup
The Following User Says Thank You to twanskys204 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sohood317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twanskys204 View Post
Boot into recovery and factory reset

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

Take your sd out of your phone pop it in the computer transfer it and flash bam..keep a backup
Tried that, it wont boot into recovery!

sohood317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohood317 View Post
Tried that, it wont boot into recovery!
Ok so i had to hold the home button also to get to recovery wow i been doing a lot of reading and nothing about hold home button...Thanks i just did factory reset and still stuck at note 2 screen..did another reset and wipe system and re flashed rom...still at note 2 screen.. hmmm?? weird..

twanskys204
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 971
Default Re: HELP!! Soft bricked and odin wont recognize!!

Dl your desired rom to your computer... put ur sd in the comp and transfer it over make the flash......
The Following User Says Thank You to twanskys204 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sohood317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twanskys204 View Post
Dl your desired ROM to your computer... put ur sd in the comp and transfer it over make the flash......
Well I factory wipe data system and re-flashed ROM that worked before and even flashed kernel and reboot and still at note 2 screen, i don't have an adapter here for micro SD card to fit into my PC guess ill just have to wait until i can go get one.. i wonder why it wont boot after fresh flash??

sohood317
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohood317 View Post
Well I factory wipe data system and re-flashed ROM that worked before and even flashed kernel and reboot and still at note 2 screen, i don't have an adapter here for micro SD card to fit into my PC guess ill just have to wait until i can go get one.. i wonder why it wont boot after fresh flash??
Ok so i had to go to advanced then file manager in twrp and find some roms i had in a folder named zips and move it to the root of the SD card then flashed now works. Thanks for the help!