- USE INFORMATION AT YOU OWN RISK
- There is no known perfect method to RELOCK the bootloader. So beware you will loose warranty of device. This warning is also shown while unlocking by LG.
- This guide may have errors and may not work for some in various scenario. If you report them, I may try to correct them.
- Read properly and DON'T SEND PM, I will simply ignore PM and laugh on you.
Thanks and Huge rounds of applause for Aremcee (aka RC or Ricardo Cerqueira).
This is completely based on Aremcee's Unlock and CWMRoot method as explained here. Please read is carefully before starting.
Things to remember while proceeding.
- Not for Newbies. (need some experience in flashing and installing fastboot drivers)
- IMPORTANT: You must have P760/P765 with P760 V20B EUROPE OPEN rom flashed on it....or OTHER UNLOCKABLE ROMS. @Gh0sT.RPG tried unlocking on P765 V20B, V20C & V20D all unsuccessful. But He unlocked on P65 V20A Indian in just 20min.
- You must have P768 with P768 JB (e.g.Mexico) Not tested but should work as per JB feature added in other variants. If this method does not work for P768 then try this method.
- Phone might be already Bootloader Unlocked or you may Unlock it while in following process.
- P769x owners please visit this thread for unlocking bootloader.
- Install latest LG Driver.
- Download fastbootdrivers.zip (old) OR New Fastbood Drivers and find installation instructions in this thread OR this new thread (Tip for Win98)
- Download Android.zip and extracted anywhere on computer, preferably C drive. The folder "C:\Android" will be created with all necessary files.
- Download recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-p760.img and save in "C:\Android" folder
- Download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip and save on external sdcard.
See post number 10 below for some information on fastboot drivers.
1) Connect phone to pc and change USB Mode to "LG Software Mode". Now wait for 30 minutes if you want to unlock bootloader (IMPORTANT Read post) and then open command prompt and give following commands in "lower case" because adb command is case sensitive.
Now pass this command and phone will restart in fastboot mode like this... in "lower case" because fastboot command is case sensitive.
C:Android\>adb reboot oem-unlock
2 A) AT THIS POINT, YOU CAN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER IF STILL LOCKED: You get option to press VOLUME UP key to unlock the bootloader permanently. If already unlocked, skip to next step.
2 B) When your phone comes in fastboot mode, then PC will install fastboot drivers, if not installed before. If automatic installation fails, you can manually install fastboot drivers as instructed in this post or this post. Strangely my device manager shows only one entry like this screenshot. (click for screenshot). If fastboot drivers are not installed this rooting will not work.
3) Now staying in Fastboot mode, install Recovery Software (CWM Touch) like shown below. All in "lower case", because fastboot command is case sensitive and will fail if you type carelessly.
C:\Android>fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-p760.img
This will install Recovery Software (CWM) in your phone. When finished you can disconnect phone from pc (remove usb cable).
To switch off phone, PRESS POWER FOR 15 SECONDS or REMOVE BATTERY and INSERT AGAIN.
4) Reboot phone in Recovery (CWM) Mode (with Vol+ and Home and Power button, all together for 5 secs) and flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip which was already copied before on sdcard. Reboot normally and enjoy.
Your are done.
For me everything went smooth in single attempt like a charm.
PS: The Rom I flashed before did perfectly worked well with all features and options Super Smooth as usual.
EDIT: JUST FLASHED P765 V20D HongKong ON P765 INDIA WITH NO ISSUE. (14-Apr-13) See this related thread for more information