Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,631 Members 45,394 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] why is my razr m brutally slow?

Tip us?

jarzy00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default [Q] why is my razr m brutally slow?

hi guys ive had my razr m for a while. absolutely love it but ive been having issues with it recently. i am currently on the BDH rom and have been for quite some time. i have some tweaks in place with pimp my rom also using apex launcher with barely anything on the homescreen. i have 548mb for apps, 6.15mb for pictures/videos, 20.00kb audio (but 16gb for sd music), 7.45mb for downloads and it says 1.21 gb available. battery used to be good but now i get 11 hours with BARELY any usage after a day of work. softkeys constantly lag when trying to go back on a page on the internet or anything of that nature...same with the home button softkey. keyboard is extremely laggy (using aosp) even just turning the screen on and off is extremely laggy. pretty much what im saying is everything i do is laggy even clicking apps. i constantly find myself using ram booster and cachemate every freaking 20 minutes and that makes it better for maybe 5 or 10 minutes then its back to the lag... any suggestions for improvement guys? appreciate the help.

slogar25
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Maybe an app running in the background hogging all of your RAM. Also do you have bdh in a ROM slot? I found that charging it over on the stock side helps with battery issues. After all stock slot is ultimately best.

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to slogar25 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jarzy00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
I have it in ROM slot but its never gave me trouble before hmm.. maybe I'll give that a try

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

vLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Having only 1.2gb of free space might be the problem or at least be part of the problem. I remember having slow down issues on my nexus 7 when my storage was near full. So I would try freeing up some space on your internal storage to see if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to vLegend For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jco23
Old
Thanks Meter 470
Have you tried clearing cache?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
Primary Device: Motorola Moto X (XT1060)
Xposed with Gravity Box

Previous Device: Motorola Razr M (XT907)
ROM: AOSP KitKat 4.4
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

Previous Device: Motorola Razr MAXX (XT912)
ROM: Stock JB 4.1.2
Recovery: Safestrap

Previous Device: Samsung Droid Charge (SCH i510)
ROM: Tweaked Lite 1.0
Kernel: Stock FP8
RFS

jarzy00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Yes I have jco I said I use cache mate and thanks legend I just ended up freezing and deleting a bunch more stuff and threw on some more tweaks with pimp my ROM and its been good so far knock on wood

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium