O2 online, a bunch of tossers??

OP cruisin-thru

25th January 2004, 03:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Gloucestershire England.
Thanks Meter: 21

2,749 posts
Can somebody go to the O2 website and attempt to register. I was on there for ages, it asks for phone number, sends a txt with a verification code, then asks for details, postcode, user name etc, it refused every user name I entered, even if I used the "suggest a user name feature, it even rejected its own suggestions, then it says the code is no longer valid, request another code, enter this code, refuses all user names then says code not valid, then is says "this phone has had its limit of verification codes", which in effect prevents a person ever registering on the site even though I am using O2 payg sim and an O2 xda2, what a bunch of tossers.
25th January 2004, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
Retired Administrator
Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 48

1,129 posts
They all are...
I'm not familiar with the site you're refering to, but I do know the O2 developer 'community', called SourceO2.

They have a few discussion boards, and the busiest one is the one about XDA. Without exaggeration, it gets about as many messages per month as XDA-developers gets in an hour, and I suspect nobody working at O2 is ever looking at what is posted there. It's basically a stale collection of unanswered questions.

Then again: show me a GSM provider that doesn't suck... Sadly, most modern companies consist of little more than a bunch of badly written ASP scripts, 2 or 3 pages of call-center instructions and a bunch of externally hired PR companies.
25th January 2004, 01:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

17 posts
I had no problem registering.
25th January 2004, 02:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Gloucestershire England.
Thanks Meter: 21

2,749 posts
www.o2.co.uk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread