alright, so here you go:
- Linux: no drivers, only adb and fastboot (Linux is preferable, because drivers can't mess something up I've used Xubuntu 12.10 BTW)
- Windows: all drivers (including fastboot drivers) installed and functioning
- a working and updated ADB (for installing ADB, search for tuts here on xda )
- a unlockable firmware which is flashed several hours before trying to unlock the bootloader (and also being connected to the network)
- be willing to recycle all your warranty papers
- and most important: a brain with the ability to read
1) charge your phone to 100% (not mentioned by LG, but it helped for me)
2) connect your phone in LG software mode (every mode with an activated adb should work, too)
3) if you have the path to your adb defined, then goto 3a). if not, then goto 3b)
3a) open a terminal and type
adb reboot oem-unlock
3b) open a terminal and type
adb reboot oem-unlock
4) now you should see this on your phone:
do i wanna unlock it? of course i do so press the vol + button ATTENTION: there is no further warning, your whole /data/ partition will be formatted!!!
5) now you should see this, and your BL is unlocked and your /data/ partition is wiped
6) now pull out your usb cable and your battery, too
7) put your battery back in and boot
8) set up your system
9) now go to the hidden menu and check your BL status (dialer: 3845#*880# --> Bootloader Unlock Check --> Bootloader Unlock Check --> Unlock)
Some people still think that
adb reboot bootloader fastboot oem unlock
Please follow below directions to unlock bootloader.
1. Turn on the phone with SIM card, and wait for connection to the real network.
2. Wait for couple of hours.
3. Connect your handset to local PC with USB cable.
4. Enter "adb reboot oem-unlock" in DOS command window.
5. Reboot handset and you can see the bootloader unlock guide on your phone.
6-1. If you press volume up key, handset is bootloader unlock status.
You can download custom image using fastboot command.
6-2 If you press power on key, user doesnot accept unlock bootlaoder and handset normally power on.
so this was the official way now we're gonna take a look into the way, that can unlock every bootloader (at least we've heard nothing opposite )
download this attatched BL_unlock file and extract it
execute the BL-unlock.bat
your bootloader is now unlocked
so what it does:
changes the value to an "unlocked" one
and it pushes the changed value back to the fuse
Be aware, that whatever you do, you do it on your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might occur.
Also keep in mind, that there is no way to relock it. So think before doing anything.