As the name suggests, dkp is a hodgepodge of features and tweaks that I wanted to play with. It should get excellent battery life without feeling sluggish. It doesn't come with its own tuner app, so pick your favorite. I go out of my way to support Trickster MOD, but most other apps work well.
- Overclocking up to 2.1 GHz, but you'll need to increase your voltages to get there (if you can get there at all)
- Underclocking down to 54 MHz, with stability improvements
- Undervolting compatible with most apps
- Fast charge without unplugging first
- Glorious animations for the notification and softkey LEDs
- Well-integrated erandom means you don't need CrossBreeder or Seeder (recent AOSP builds use ISAAC instead)
- freelunch and tierservative governors for optimal battery life without sacrificing responsiveness
- Automatic mpdecision and auto-hotplug are only enabled when needed
- Adjustable minimum voltage for stability on finicky processors
- Optimized UKSM to free up some extra memory
- Code optimizations for size and speed
- Compiler optimizations (-O3, LTO, and more) because faster is better
Donors: Thanks, everyone! Your generosity is much appreciated.
drpenguino, 0xScott, vmancini3 (twice! ), Ch4m3l30n, rompnit, Mystique, ryandubbz, techdog
- last_kmsg and/or logcat or it didn't happen.
- Other kernels have their own threads or forums. Discuss them there.
- Image dumps (settings, battery life, whatever) belong inside [HIDE][/HIDE] (that's HIDE, if you're on the mobile app) tags.
- Be silly. We're here to have fun.
- Reboot to recovery. I recommend that one recovery...you know, the one that flashes zips? I forget what it's called.
- Flash dkp. Optionally, rename and flash dkp-vmin-XXX.zip (see below).
Undervolting on dkp is more complex than other kernels. Some processors get unstable at lower voltages, so (like the stock kernel) dkp keeps the processor voltage above 1150 mV by default. I refer to this limit as the minimum voltage. In order to undervolt, you'll need to lower the minimum voltage: if you use Trickster MOD, just disable "Override Minimum Voltage" in the "Specific" page, otherwise rename dkp-vmin-XXX.zip to e.g. dkp-vmin-600.zip (which would apply a 600 mV minimum voltage) and flash it. If this causes instability (crashes, audio/video glitches, etc.), try using dkp-vmin-XXX.zip to apply a higher minimum voltage (somewhere between 950 and 1050 mV seems to work well for most people).
Source: I'm always happy to see my code used, so cherry-pick away. I'll even put together feature patches if you ask nicely.