[REPAIR] TeenyBin for LS970 - Soft Brick Fix. B/L Unlock. RPM/TZ Update {08/21/13}

Search This thread

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010

LS970 TeenyBin for LGNPST

Don't give me all the credit. Just as much goes to artlan for figuring out the tables.
Be sure to show him some thanks.

Background

After seeing tons of soft bricks on both the forums and IRC we have decided to look into how LG .bin files work. We've "cracked the code" and have been able to rebuild the .bins.. making the repair process both faster and easier. Normally the user must download a large .tot/.bin file(1GB+) to repair the phone. After a long download and 5+ minute LGNPST flash the phone is then completely stock... requiring a "re-root" and running the FreeGee unlock again.

TeenyBins are meant to do the bare minimum... fix your soft bricked LG OG allowing you to boot into fastboot/bootloader and custom recovery. In recovery you can restore a backup or flash a custom rom zip. In Some cases TeenyBin will allow you to boot back into your rom without reflashing a zip but do not expect this. These new .bins are as small as 32MB depending on what we build into the .bin. This means smaller files, shorter download times and a phone that's back up and running within minutes.

Other perks include...
Unlocked bootloader.
SBL partitions safely flashed.
TWRP Recovery.
RPM/TZ partitions safely updated to supported the latest AOSP roms.

Directions

1. Download TeenyBin then extract. The .bin you extract is used w/LGNPST. LGNPST can be found in the "Additional Info" section of this post.
2. Put phone into download mode. Flash TeenyBin. The flash should take about 20 seconds. The phone will reboot at 67% or 85%. Flash complete. All finished.. maybe...
3. Your phone may not boot up! If so you must power off the phone(hold power button for up to 60 seconds).. boot into fastboot. No fastboot still? Did you flash the Teenybin[SBL Unlock]? From fastboot, boot into recovery. In recovery you can restore a backup or flash a custom rom zip. All fixed.

Nothing working? You're doing it wrong(or have a weird/broken phone. Did you read this entire post... including everything under the "Additional Information" section at bottom? Last resort would be to flash the FULL STOCK bin for your exact model LG OG.

Download = Hold Volume up + down + power while plugging the USB cable into the phone.
lXGrJBS.png

Fastboot = Volume up + power
m8HSVF5.png
YSDHCU4.png

Recovery = once in fastboot.. press volume down, pause, volume down then power button

ldyqc40.png

TeenyBins

These TeenyBins will repair a soft brick(allowing you into Fastboot/TWRP), unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery and upgrade rpm 'n' tz.
If you can't boot.. fastboot has to work. If you can't get to fastboot you're doing it wrong.

Recovery = once in fastboot.. press volume down, *wait*, volume down then power button

DOWNLOAD:

LS970 TeenyBin - Contains stock SBL stack. Use TeenyBin SBL Unlock unless you need the default SBL stack for some weird reason.

LS970 TeenyBin[SBL Unlock] - Equivalent to the FreeGee SBL Unlock method (FreeGee > Menu button > SBL Unlock)

LS970 Original TeenyBin[ZVBin] - Use TeenyBin ZVBin if you were on ZVB with an LG based rom(not AOSP)before the softbrick.

Current included recovery: TWRP 2.6.0.0 - Thank you Dees_Troy!

Additional Files

Modem Links:
LS970 modems in flashable .zip format. These may or may not have to be flashed depending on the level of repair needed on your device.

LS970ZV7-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
AU_LINUX_ANDROID_ICS_STRAWBERRY.04.00.04.19.130M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-1.7.30
QCTA8064A-AAAANAAW-1.1.40010T
by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Sep 25 2012
ZV7 Modem .zip

LS970ZV8-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-1.7.30
QCTA8064A-AAAANAZW-1.1.40017T
by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Oct 18 2012
ZV8 Modem .zip

LS970ZV9-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-1.7.30
by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Nov 28 2012
ZV9 Modem .zip

LS970ZVB-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.10646
M9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.10690
QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-2.7.38
QCTA8064A-AAAANAAW-1.2.5002T
by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Feb 13 2013
ZVB Modem .zip

LS970ZVC-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.10646
QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-2.7.38
by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Aug 21 2013
ZVC Modem .zip

Backup Partitions:

Backup All Partitions .zip

This is a flashable zip that backs up most of your partitions.. excluding data, system, grow and reserved.
Backup your partitions and store them in the cloud somewhere for safe keeping.

Additional Info

Q: I flashed the small bin and still can't boot back into my phone.
A: First of all... it's a TeenyBin... but anyway.. booting directly back up into the rom may not always be possible. Your /system or boot.img may be damaged. You were soft bricked remember... how do you think the soft brick happened? In this scenario you will have to reboot into fastboot.. then enter recovery... and reflash a rom .zip

Q: I don't have a rom .zip on my internal storage so how can I flash a .zip?
A: Use adb while in recovery mode to push a rom to the phone. Google is your friend... look into adb push.

Q: What is adb?
A: Get out!

Q: How do I know if I'm soft bricked or perm bricked?
A: For most soft bricks you will see a LG or Google logo and then a black screen. You can also still get into download mode. If you think download mode may not even work, connect phone to a Windows computer and check device manager... if the phone is detected in a "QHSUSB-DLOAD" then there's a good chance you're perm bricked. Otherwise.. you may just be a n00b and aren't doing download mode correctly.

Q: Where's that LGNPST info you mentioned?
A: Hit the Show Content button below
LGNPST Guide

DO NOT ASK HOW TO USE LGNPST OR A VIRTUAL MACHINE IN THIS THREAD.
THIS IS A TEENBIN THREAD. THE FILES AND GUIDES BELOW ARE A BONUS ONLY. RESEARCH. READ. APPLY.

Downloads + basic guide HERE

Update - added a virtual machine with pre-installed LGNPST to the link above. This will be for those that aren't on Windows.. or just having install issues. Thanks to k7raid for that! Some files may need a password to extract... PW = lgog

BELOW IS A MORE DETAILED GUIDE FOR THOSE CONFUSED OR STUCK.
READ IT ALL AND MOST QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ANSWERED

6XERvDQ.png

Notice at the top it says LGNPST ACG and not some other weird version? And notice the version numbers. If yours don't match up then you installed the wrong version!!
1. COM port will show up if phone is connected properly in Download Mode. LGNPST will switch and say Emergency Mode.
2. Press the DLL button towards the bottom of Emergency tab.
3. Press the BIN button towards the bottom of Emergency tab. You should now see both both file names scrolling in LGNPST like the screenshot.
4. Press that START button.
5. A windows will pop up saying you will lose data.. you will NOT lose any personal data.. hit OK.
6. If LGNPST is working properly it will take 20 seconds or so before LGNPST hits 67% and reboots your phone. DONE. After your phone reboots at 67% or 85% it's safe to unplug and use phone.
7. If you still can't boot up, try booting into fastboot. Can't get into fastboot.. try flashing the AltBin. Still can't get into fastboot? you're doing it wrong.

Q: LGNPST Won't open and says "usb dongle not detected"
A: In the lgnpst folder where u ran the .bat to install it should be a lgnpst_acg.exe file somewhere. Copy it to your program files > lg electronics > lgnpst folder overwriting the current exe in that folder. Should work now.

Q: There's no LGNPST_LS970/dll file to select in LGNPST.
A: The install.bat should have registered your dlls but something went wrong. Check the link in the next answer.

Q: I still can't install LGNPST... help?
A: Check out this link.

Code:
[B]My other LS970 threads..[/B]
[B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161498"][GUIDE] Backup/Restore/Repair Your EFS Partition [LS970][/URL][/B]
[B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2049701"][HOW-TO] Enable DIAG mode without Service Code(MSL)[/URL][/B]
[B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2052816"][INFO] LS970 Hidden Dialer Codes[/URL][/B]
[B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2058506"][INFO] Optimus G AT Commands[/URL][/B]

Special thanks to xonar_ for his LG Bin Firmware Extractor and releasing his source code.
Thank you Shelnutt2 for everything you do for the entire LGOG community.
Thank you k7raid for testing the first bin with major SBL changes.
And last and also least.. ha ha.. sawdey21 for suggesting the "updated" name change.
Be sure to show them all thanks.

TeenyBin. Patent Pending.

Last edited:

j4g3rb0mb3d

Jan 20, 2011
Thanks guys. I noticed that there are Mako RPM's in that post. Any idea if the Mako RPM for Key Lime Pie be backward compatible with our phone in the future? Of course, KLP isn't out yet, so there's no way to tell just yet, just trying to gauge whether or not you guys think its possible. I doubt like hell our phones will be officially updated to KLP by LG.

EFEXR

Mar 16, 2013
I am currently on ZVB (JellyBean 4.1.2)stock rooted. I am one of those unfortunate people that kept getting soft bricked (LG screen on boot straight to a black screen) and could not unlock the phone because this always occured.
I thank you all for those who worked on this project to help us out.

I have a couple of questions:
1) Im on ZVB but the TeenyBin is acutally ZV9 based. Do I have to revert back to ZV9 to use this method?

2) Is root needed to apply the teenybin in LGNPST? Or will the teenybin apply root and unlock feature?

3) If I use the teenybin will that wipe my data on my phone?

Sorry for all the questions, but I truly want to use this method to unlock my phone and flash CM10

Reactions: hazedabeast

artlan

Aug 7, 2007
I am currently on ZVB (JellyBean 4.1.2)stock rooted. I am one of those unfortunate people that kept getting soft bricked (LG screen on boot straight to a black screen) and could not unlock the phone because this always occured.

1) Im on ZVB but the TeenyBin is acutally ZV9 based. Do I have to revert back to ZV9 to use this method?

2) Is root needed to apply the teenybin in LGNPST? Or will the teenybin apply root and unlock feature?

Sorry for all the questions, but I truly want to use this method to unlock my phone and flash CM10

1 - if you kept getting black screens, you would need to use the Mako version of the TeenyBin
2 - Root is not needed to use TeenyBin - it will apply recovery and an unlocked bootloader. Recovery can/will re-root you (boot into recovery, wipe a cache, reboot. You will be prompted to re-apply root if needed)
3 - The bin will not wipe out data no - but if you on are a truly stock rom, you will get a black screen when rebooting. The reason for this is that the bin does not include a rom specific boot.img. You CAN however boot into Recovery and flash any custom rom (including one of the 'custom' stock ones if you wish to stay on ZVB) and will able to boot just fine w/ all data in tact afterwards.

Reactions: autoprime and EFEXR

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
*EDIT*
wow artlan beat me to everything in his post above. I had to delete my answers. I am slow!!! lol

adding to what artlan said above... I have given some ATT users so extra explaining as well... in regards to flashing TeenyBin on a 100% stock unrooted and locked phone. Please read the post here.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40194191&postcount=7

I will be making a flashable zip for users who are on a 100% stock phone and cant boot up after using TeenyBin. You will still have access to fastboot/recovery even if you can't boot into the rom. So you will boot into recovery, adb push the zip to your phone and flash the zip. This will give you a proper boot.img and allow the stock rom to boot. This is only needed if you do not use custom roms... which I assume is very few of you.

Last edited:

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
I just did this in my second phone that I bricked back when we were trying to get a flashable JB zip, it works! I use the mako version, I had to disconnect the phone at 85% and connect the phone back for the process to finish, then I went to recovery and flashed the stock rom, make sure you have at least 30% charge. The only thing is that I get the google locked screen when booting up, then it goes to the lg bootanimation, everything else is working fine, prime, any ideas on the lockscreen?

artlan

Aug 7, 2007
I just did this in my second phone that I bricked back when we were trying to get a flashable JB zip, it works! I use the mako version, I had to disconnect the phone at 85% and connect the phone back for the process to finish, then I went to recovery and flashed the stock rom, make sure you have at least 30% charge. The only thing is that I get the google locked screen when booting up, then it goes to the lg bootanimation, everything else is working fine, prime, any ideas on the lockscreen?

Awesome :D Glad to hear it's working for you
As for the lock screen - I have it too, but it doesn't seem to effect anything. You get the Google Logo instead of the LG one because of the SBLs used (boot splash is contained in them and not really editable as of yet) I'm fully unlocked, rooted, and rocking roms :)

Reactions: autoprime

Lrod0175

Jan 4, 2011
New Jersey
Awesome :D Glad to hear it's working for you
As for the lock screen - I have it too, but it doesn't seem to effect anything. You get the Google Logo instead of the LG one because of the SBLs used (boot splash is contained in them and not really editable as of yet) I'm fully unlocked, rooted, and rocking roms :)

No issues here as well, I was just wondering:) great job guys!

LROD'S OPTIMUS G

Barshalen

Apr 29, 2009
Delaware
So because the download for the zvb tot was taking forever and I wanted to start fresh, I used the zv7 tot, followed by flashing the teenybin. I then flashed stock zvb to get a GPS lock and update my profile. Well, I found a problem. When ever the phone connected to 3G it would cause a reboot (more like a "hot boot" I think.) So every time I tried to update my profile it would reboot before it updated. I tried installing another ROM, redoing the entire lgnpst flash, tried both zv9 and zvb modems, and just flashing the teenybin again. Same results everytime. I eventually got it to update I guess cuz it started showing 3G in the status bar and rebooting a second later. Flashed CM and I do in fact have 3G, and no reboots. So seems to just be an issue with stock based ROMs.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

HdMsTrTeCh

Oct 29, 2011
I updated my ZV9 to ZVB by flashing a zip (Shadow) then flashing radios. I've been flashing between Lifeless, Imperium and CM10 (last build was 3/30) since with no problems. Do I still need to go back and LGNPST to properly update?

artlan

Aug 7, 2007
I updated my ZV9 to ZVB by flashing a zip (Shadow) then flashing radios. I've been flashing between Lifeless, Imperium and CM10 (last build was 3/30) since with no problems. Do I still need to go back and LGNPST to properly update?

Beyond a certain build yes - though which one I don't off hand remember.
If you flash a newer AOSP rom (like CM), and you get a black screen - you will need to flash a TeenyBin to be able to boot into the rom.

Reactions: autoprime

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LS970 TeenyBin for LGNPST

Don't give me all the credit. Just as much goes to artlan for figuring out the tables.
    Be sure to show him some thanks.

Background

After seeing tons of soft bricks on both the forums and IRC we have decided to look into how LG .bin files work. We've "cracked the code" and have been able to rebuild the .bins.. making the repair process both faster and easier. Normally the user must download a large .tot/.bin file(1GB+) to repair the phone. After a long download and 5+ minute LGNPST flash the phone is then completely stock... requiring a "re-root" and running the FreeGee unlock again.

TeenyBins are meant to do the bare minimum... fix your soft bricked LG OG allowing you to boot into fastboot/bootloader and custom recovery. In recovery you can restore a backup or flash a custom rom zip. In Some cases TeenyBin will allow you to boot back into your rom without reflashing a zip but do not expect this. These new .bins are as small as 32MB depending on what we build into the .bin. This means smaller files, shorter download times and a phone that's back up and running within minutes.

Other perks include...
    Unlocked bootloader.
    SBL partitions safely flashed.
    TWRP Recovery.
    RPM/TZ partitions safely updated to supported the latest AOSP roms.

Directions

1. Download TeenyBin then extract. The .bin you extract is used w/LGNPST. LGNPST can be found in the "Additional Info" section of this post.
    2. Put phone into download mode. Flash TeenyBin. The flash should take about 20 seconds. The phone will reboot at 67% or 85%. Flash complete. All finished.. maybe...
    3. Your phone may not boot up! If so you must power off the phone(hold power button for up to 60 seconds).. boot into fastboot. No fastboot still? Did you flash the Teenybin[SBL Unlock]? From fastboot, boot into recovery. In recovery you can restore a backup or flash a custom rom zip. All fixed.

Nothing working? You're doing it wrong(or have a weird/broken phone. Did you read this entire post... including everything under the "Additional Information" section at bottom? Last resort would be to flash the FULL STOCK bin for your exact model LG OG.

Download = Hold Volume up + down + power while plugging the USB cable into the phone.
    lXGrJBS.png

m8HSVF5.png
    YSDHCU4.png

Recovery = once in fastboot.. press volume down, pause, volume down then power button

ldyqc40.png

TeenyBins

These TeenyBins will repair a soft brick(allowing you into Fastboot/TWRP), unlock the bootloader, install custom recovery and upgrade rpm 'n' tz.
    If you can't boot.. fastboot has to work. If you can't get to fastboot you're doing it wrong.

Recovery = once in fastboot.. press volume down, *wait*, volume down then power button

DOWNLOAD:

LS970 TeenyBin - Contains stock SBL stack. Use TeenyBin SBL Unlock unless you need the default SBL stack for some weird reason.

LS970 TeenyBin[SBL Unlock] - Equivalent to the FreeGee SBL Unlock method (FreeGee > Menu button > SBL Unlock)

LS970 Original TeenyBin[ZVBin] - Use TeenyBin ZVBin if you were on ZVB with an LG based rom(not AOSP)before the softbrick.

Current included recovery: TWRP 2.6.0.0 - Thank you Dees_Troy!

Additional Files

Modem Links:
    LS970 modems in flashable .zip format. These may or may not have to be flashed depending on the level of repair needed on your device.

LS970ZV7-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
    QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-1.7.30
    QCTA8064A-AAAANAAW-1.1.40010T
    by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Sep 25 2012
    ZV7 Modem .zip

LS970ZV8-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
    QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-1.7.30
    by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Oct 18 2012
    ZV8 Modem .zip

LS970ZV9-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-2.0.12034
    QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-1.7.30
    by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Nov 28 2012
    ZV9 Modem .zip

LS970ZVB-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.10646
    QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-2.7.38
    by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Feb 13 2013
    ZVB Modem .zip

LS970ZVC-M9615A-CEFWMAZM-3.0.10646
    QCTM9615A-FEHRMAZ-2.7.38
    by QUALCOMM, Incorporated Aug 21 2013
    ZVC Modem .zip

Backup Partitions:

Backup All Partitions .zip

This is a flashable zip that backs up most of your partitions.. excluding data, system, grow and reserved.
    Backup your partitions and store them in the cloud somewhere for safe keeping.

Additional Info

Q: I flashed the small bin and still can't boot back into my phone.
    A: First of all... it's a TeenyBin... but anyway.. booting directly back up into the rom may not always be possible. Your /system or boot.img may be damaged. You were soft bricked remember... how do you think the soft brick happened? In this scenario you will have to reboot into fastboot.. then enter recovery... and reflash a rom .zip

Q: I don't have a rom .zip on my internal storage so how can I flash a .zip?
    A: Use adb while in recovery mode to push a rom to the phone. Google is your friend... look into adb push.

Q: What is adb?
    A: Get out!

Q: How do I know if I'm soft bricked or perm bricked?
    A: For most soft bricks you will see a LG or Google logo and then a black screen. You can also still get into download mode. If you think download mode may not even work, connect phone to a Windows computer and check device manager... if the phone is detected in a "QHSUSB-DLOAD" then there's a good chance you're perm bricked. Otherwise.. you may just be a n00b and aren't doing download mode correctly.

Q: Where's that LGNPST info you mentioned?
    A: Hit the Show Content button below
    LGNPST Guide

DO NOT ASK HOW TO USE LGNPST OR A VIRTUAL MACHINE IN THIS THREAD.
    THIS IS A TEENBIN THREAD. THE FILES AND GUIDES BELOW ARE A BONUS ONLY. RESEARCH. READ. APPLY.

Downloads + basic guide HERE

Update - added a virtual machine with pre-installed LGNPST to the link above. This will be for those that aren't on Windows.. or just having install issues. Thanks to k7raid for that! Some files may need a password to extract... PW = lgog

BELOW IS A MORE DETAILED GUIDE FOR THOSE CONFUSED OR STUCK.
    READ IT ALL AND MOST QUESTIONS SHOULD BE ANSWERED

6XERvDQ.png

Notice at the top it says LGNPST ACG and not some other weird version? And notice the version numbers. If yours don't match up then you installed the wrong version!!
    1. COM port will show up if phone is connected properly in Download Mode. LGNPST will switch and say Emergency Mode.
    2. Press the DLL button towards the bottom of Emergency tab.
    3. Press the BIN button towards the bottom of Emergency tab. You should now see both both file names scrolling in LGNPST like the screenshot.
    4. Press that START button.
    5. A windows will pop up saying you will lose data.. you will NOT lose any personal data.. hit OK.
    6. If LGNPST is working properly it will take 20 seconds or so before LGNPST hits 67% and reboots your phone. DONE. After your phone reboots at 67% or 85% it's safe to unplug and use phone.
    7. If you still can't boot up, try booting into fastboot. Can't get into fastboot.. try flashing the AltBin. Still can't get into fastboot? you're doing it wrong.

Q: LGNPST Won't open and says "usb dongle not detected"
    A: In the lgnpst folder where u ran the .bat to install it should be a lgnpst_acg.exe file somewhere. Copy it to your program files > lg electronics > lgnpst folder overwriting the current exe in that folder. Should work now.

Q: There's no LGNPST_LS970/dll file to select in LGNPST.
    A: The install.bat should have registered your dlls but something went wrong. Check the link in the next answer.

Q: I still can't install LGNPST... help?
    A: Check out this link.

Code:
    [B]My other LS970 threads..[/B]
    [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2161498"][GUIDE] Backup/Restore/Repair Your EFS Partition [LS970][/URL][/B]
    [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2049701"][HOW-TO] Enable DIAG mode without Service Code(MSL)[/URL][/B]
    [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2052816"][INFO] LS970 Hidden Dialer Codes[/URL][/B]
    [B][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2058506"][INFO] Optimus G AT Commands[/URL][/B]

Special thanks to xonar_ for his LG Bin Firmware Extractor and releasing his source code.
    Thank you Shelnutt2 for everything you do for the entire LGOG community.
    Thank you k7raid for testing the first bin with major SBL changes.
    And last and also least.. ha ha.. sawdey21 for suggesting the "updated" name change.
    Be sure to show them all thanks.

TeenyBin. Patent Pending.
    Updated the "normal" and altbins for LS970.

Updated recovery to TWRP 2.6.0.0.
    Altbin has been renamed SBL Unlock and is the recommended default bin to use.

1 - if you kept getting black screens, you would need to use the Mako version of the TeenyBin
    2 - Root is not needed to use TeenyBin - it will apply recovery and an unlocked bootloader. Recovery can/will re-root you (boot into recovery, wipe a cache, reboot. You will be prompted to re-apply root if needed)
    3 - The bin will not wipe out data no - but if you on are a truly stock rom, you will get a black screen when rebooting. The reason for this is that the bin does not include a rom specific boot.img. You CAN however boot into Recovery and flash any custom rom (including one of the 'custom' stock ones if you wish to stay on ZVB) and will able to boot just fine w/ all data in tact afterwards.
    *EDIT*
    wow artlan beat me to everything in his post above. I had to delete my answers. I am slow!!! lol

adding to what artlan said above... I have given some ATT users so extra explaining as well... in regards to flashing TeenyBin on a 100% stock unrooted and locked phone. Please read the post here.. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=40194191&postcount=7

I will be making a flashable zip for users who are on a 100% stock phone and cant boot up after using TeenyBin. You will still have access to fastboot/recovery even if you can't boot into the rom. So you will boot into recovery, adb push the zip to your phone and flash the zip. This will give you a proper boot.img and allow the stock rom to boot. This is only needed if you do not use custom roms... which I assume is very few of you.