XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth headsets - sequence of operation

Tip us?

peteding
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth headsets - sequence of operation

I decided to open a new thread although there were several threads on the use of bluetooth headsets. My intent is to explore whether there is a particular sequence that we need to follow when operating the XDAII and BT headset. I am using a Ericsson HBH-65.

First observation:

I notice that I need to end all calls via the bluetooth headset rather than from the XDAII. If I end a call using the XDAII (ie depressing the red button), for subsequent calls whether incoming or outcoming, I cannot use the headset. There is no connection between the 2. I seem to be able to simulate this almost 99% of the time.

Second observation:

I normally switch off my BT headset overnight for charging purposes etc. At the same time I deactivate the BT settings on my XDAII.
The next morning, I would activate the BT settings, BT profiles and then switch on my headset.
I notice that for the first call I made/receive the next day, I will have problems using the headset. I am not quite sure whether it is the case that I need to switch on my BT headset first and then the XDAII BT settings and BT profiles. I say this as to resolve the problem, I seemingly need to deactivate/activate the BT profile settings before it works and then for subsequent calls I would have no problems using the headset. This needs further testing to test my hypothesis.

Anyone notice anything different on their part.

regards

ratnamg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same issues

I have had the HBH-65 and have noticed the same issues. I have also had an Logitech and did not have any problems with that.. I am guessing the issue is with the firmware on the HBH-65.

Abram
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use Bluetake GII with my xda2. No sequence, no problems. I never even think about switching it on or off. Works in any sequence. Nice looking too! :wink:

lummac
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have a Jabra 250, and I do not have to follow any ritual to have it to work fine

austbar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Logitech Bluetooth headset with my Qtek 2020 (rom 1.60.21), and it works like crap.
First of all, the headset wont turn on/off sometimes.
Second - if its turned on, and the qtek has been turned off, i need to reconnect it, to switch automatticly when recieving a call.
Thirdly - both speak and hear is very poor quality/fare away (very silent) even though ive turned the volume to maxx.

BRosenow
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Default BT Headset - Works Flawlessly

I have a Sony Ericsson HBH-30 headset and I never give the slightest thought to sequences or procedures. I can turn the headset on and off, the profile on and off, even the BT stack on and off - without ever having to re-bond or anything else.

Now if I could just voice-dial a call with the bloody thing I would be truly happy indeed.
Current: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II - running the Sophisticated 4.3 ROM provided by @krowley3
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - rooted stock
Previous: Droid Bionic, Droid Charge, HTC Imagio, Samsung SCH-i760, Palm Treo, HTC JasJar, HTC MDA II, HP iPAQ 1615, Casio Cassiopeia A20 & E105

olliesshop
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Same problems but getting it figured out

I have the HBH-65 and it seems to work fine now that I've hopefully figured it out. I do a few things. First, I leave the Bluetooth on, on my i-Mate. Second, once it's in range I've noticed it takes about a minute for it to link up. When it links it either makes a single beep (if I just turned on the Headset) or a quiet click if it was already on. I doesn't work ALL of the time, but the more I use it the better it gets. I really expected it to be a little easier.
Tim

chocobot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the HBH-200 with call display...which the salesman assured me that it would work with my XDA 2! Call display does not work, and if I end a call on the O2 the headset will hang. Other than that it's great!
more money = more toys

fishmedia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I Have a XDAII and a HBH-35

They key to it seems to be not to turn anything off ! it's really frustrating when you think it's all linked up and then get in the car only to recieve a call and not be able to answer it with the headset.

If I have turned the headset off it's a right pain to bond again, red, green lights, funny beeps it's very confusing !

Once it's bonded it's great ! I am amazed with the call quality.

gigino
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have an Sony Ericsson HBH 35, I have no problem w3ith the bluetooth pick up call are end calls.
I can even transfer call from my bluetooth to the handaset and by reverse pick up call on my handset and then transfer the call back to the headset all I have to do his to hold the button on the headset fro a few second and the call transfer from the handaset to the bluetooth headset no problem.
Great piece of headset I would really reccomended it to anyone.
The rom on my XDA II is still the version 1.05
Regards
Gigino