Watch This Now!

Analysis & Opinion

Voice dialling

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By delon, Junior Member on 23rd February 2004, 03:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does the xda 2 have voice dialling features? If not, how could I get around this?
23rd February 2004, 03:30 PM |#2  
Retired Moderator
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 20
Re: Voce dialling
Originally Posted by delon

Does the xda 2 have voice dialling features? If not, how could I get around this?

You can use the Microsoft Voice Command program

24th February 2004, 01:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4
You can find it @ a.b.warez.pocketpc
or pay 40U$.
24th February 2004, 02:53 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0
Sorry, I'm a newbie with newsgroups.... Could u help me setup the newsgroup for a.b.warez.pocketpc? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... thanks....
24th February 2004, 05:11 PM |#5  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 7
I've got the same problem. I would love to check that newsgroup as well but I do not find a newsserver containing that group.

Could somebody please post the address of a newsserver that is able to check that group?

Thanks a lot...
24th February 2004, 06:04 PM |#6  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 46
how to enter news groups
get the address of the new group server of your isp

use a newreader program like outlook express or something else

scann for usegroups sellect the newgroup you want and enter it

news groups is not really http based
well are not as a rule anyway
24th February 2004, 07:22 PM |#7  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 7
I am living in a students home with LAN-connection to the net. So there is no dial-up ISP. The newsserver of my university does not accept the above mentioned group.

Is there a kind of workaround to read this group?
26th February 2004, 09:21 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4
News groups
For all you newbees; Let me address this message first;
:!: It's illegal to download software from newsgroups! :!:
But I can't stop you from doing so... :twisted:

the best way to read newsgroups is to take 5 steps;

1; Get a program that reads alt.binaries posts; like grabit and install the progam.

2; Get a newsserver account or check your ISP. (mostly they also have access to newsgroups but are limited.)
I use
(get a account that gives you unlimited download. Should cost you about 15 U$ a month.)

3; then find a post message site like ( groups tell other people what they are posting and where you can find the files. (like the Voice Command from M$) :lol:
Alot of Dutchies are using FTD. (This is a program)
But there are numerious sites that will give you this info.

4; Once you have the info where you can find your ‘points of interest’, start your grabber software and subscribe your news account info.
Then find the location. E.g; alt.binaries.warez.pocketpc
Grabber finds the location and you can start downloading your ‘points of interest’.

Most files are wrapped as *.rar files. So you need to have a rar program to unpack the files. There are also *.par files. you also need those files if the program is brokendown in hunderds of *.rar files. *.par files are a sort of repair files. Let say you mis a couple of *.rar files of LOTR dvd. (yes you can find everything) Mostly the uploader will place also *.par files to repair the lost *rar files. So you still have the full program you are downloading.

5; The last thing you have to do is buy a bigger hard disk. B/c you are constantly downloading new things.. 120gb is not big.

More info @ :arrow:

Hope this helps you a little bit more on your quest for golden software treasures..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread