[ROM] Butterz sense - Sprint / Virgin- Lots of options[Sense 3.6][Any Hboot]-10/15/13

Search This thread

THC Butterz

butterz_zps8e804b27.jpg

Based on Sprint stock 2.95.651.6
rooted
deodexed
debloated
zip aligned
sprint connection optimizer
int.d support - with some pre installed scripts for buttery smoothness
advanced power menu
Aroma Installer!
bravia 2 engine -thanks to Obeezy562
Beats Audio -thanks to Tribulattifather
OTA Updater
MiRaGe Kernel only updated after stability testing - thanks to mrg666
emjoy (read emjoy fonts like iphone users)
youtube HD
and so much more!...

sense 5 theme -thanks to luis4ever
facebook home -thanks to theos0o
leedroid - thanks to JoelZ9614
Google now
Original Sprint Bloat
MMS fix for virgin mobile users
cool mods - thanks to coolexe
Project Direct Inject - with permission from Exit_Only
and more...

tether bug im working on although you should be able to use wifi tether for root users which is better than native tether anyway

minor issues with htc locations (same in every rom for this device, be sure to use the footprints app for your default for footprints, a few non app breaking bugs

some more optimizing... permanently ongoing

please pm me if you have any issues

Please Note: system may take about 5 minutes to boot the first time, and another couple to smooth out the first boot

I recommend using 4 ext recovery - needed to support rom addons
wipe everything except SD Card,
flash
choose what addons to install
check ota updater for updates after boot, rom constantly updated
enjoy!
If using sense 5 theme I recommend opening up leedroid and setting status bar to 50% visability
also open personalize and set the skin
To activate Direct injector scripts make sure your using the build from 6/22/13 (you can download it from this post)
boot the rom then open android terminal emulator and run the following commands
Code:
su
Code:
sh /sdcard/install/install.sh
Copy the attached SystemUI.apk into your /system/app/ directory with a root file browser (I used ES) if you want to
remove the GPS icon in the statusbar

6/21/13 - 20130620-1845 OTA lots of fixes, and aditions I try to only release updates after testing completely.missed a few changelogs, so no full log, but its well worth the upgrade!

6/9/13 - 20130609-1954 OTA beats audio, Bravia 2, int.d and build prop tweaks

6/6/13 -06062013-1921 OTA and standalone adds int.d and youtube hd

6/5/13 - 20130605-2103 OTA adds advanced power options

6/4/13 - 20130604-1325 - OTA fixes a build prop issue for vm users, new bootanimation

6/3/13 - 20130603-1832 - OTA update updates to build prop, updates and fixes leedroid

6/3/13 - 20130603-1832 - after several weeks of tweaking its here, added ota updates, removed beats as it wasnt working 100% added coolmods audio and cam
enhancements, some back end inprovements,

5/15/13 - 1923 added full evo v compatability - tested and confirmed, see thread page 6, my thanks to the testers

5/15/13 - 0020 Updated to latest ota patch, corrected a few things, added option to flash original bloat

5/13/13 - R5.1.2 Added optional Google now

5/9/13 - R5.1.1.2 Minor update today, fixes music when using sense 5 theme.

5/8/13 - R5.1.1 added optional leedroid and sense 5 theme, made facebook home optional, improved updater script, overall minor tweaks and optimizations!

4/25/13- R4.0.2 full ground up rebuild, changed to awesome beats, super user, htc music now works, lots of de-bloating, all is happy :)

4/14/13 -R2.1.3 switched to super su, fixed root

4/14/13 - R2.1.2 zip aligned, deodexed, kernel update, wifi fix

4/13/13 - R2 release updated to work with any hboot

4/13/13 - Initial Release

attachment.php
2013-04-13_16-15-09_zps81886522.png

thanks to all the developers out there who helped make this possible, will give more focused credit as soon as i have some time to do so.

Tribulattifather - for inspiring building this rom when his evo broke! , helping with aroma, and for being a all around great guy! recompiled beats for 2.95.651.6 support!
Obeezy562 - Great guy, Think tank type, lots of good sugestions, and a awsome Evo V 4g tester! provided Bravia 2, created a awesome boot animation!!, Created Thread Banner
t3khe4d - another great guy, and awsome virgin tester who has helped out quite often!
wolfu11 - for HTC files

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 671
Last edited:

whodatdoug

Aug 6, 2010
Awesome! Thanks for this! Will try it out tonight when my satellite internet (yes, I live in the sticks) with Wildblue goes unlimited. Don't have the bandwidth right now to try this. :(

igiddyuup

Feb 28, 2011
not working. reboots at Sprint logo. S-off Hboot 1.50

UPDATE: updated hboot to 1.58 and it works fine.

Last edited:

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Saying it's not working when you not running what 99% of Sense roms require of 1.58 hboot probably doesn't help the fact of your reboots.
Actually, most Sense 3.6 ICS ROM's have been modified to work with any hboot using a procedure similar to this one.

If the OP doesn't intend to make this ROM work with any hboot the requirement to use hboot 1.58 (or any others that work) should be stated explicitly.

ramjet73

THC Butterz

Actually, most Sense 3.6 ICS ROM's have been modified to work with any hboot using a procedure similar to this one.

If the OP doesn't intend to make this ROM work with any hboot the requirement to use hboot 1.58 (or any others that work) should be stated explicitly.

ramjet73

Saying it's not working when you not running what 99% of Sense roms require of 1.58 hboot probably doesn't help the fact of your reboots.

not working. reboots at Sprint logo. S-off Hboot 1.50

UPDATE: updated hboot to 1.58 and it works fine.

yah sorry about that, will update the op to reflect that, will work on a hboot free update later on tonight

THC Butterz

Downloading it now. I'll flash it later tonight. Looks nice. And did you scrap the windows 8 themed rom?

Sent from my SlimRom jb'd EVO 3D.

thanks, and no I havent officially ditched the windows 8 themed rom yet, i have just been putting it on hold abit beacuse I have benn working alot lately, I have been unable to continue my roms after work because I am a web developer and cant stare at a computer screen after doing so all day.

Reactions: Obeezy562

aqualls

Nov 23, 2010
York, PA
thanks, and no I havent officially ditched the windows 8 themed rom yet, i have just been putting it on hold abit beacuse I have benn working alot lately, I have been unable to continue my roms after work because I am a web developer and cant stare at a computer screen after doing so all day.

All good. Kind of like going from one customer service oriented job to your second one dealing with people. I understand you.

Sent from my SlimRom jb'd EVO 3D.

ejc1214

Sep 18, 2010
Thinking about trying this ROM but I have a couple of questions regarding the Facebook Home app and Sprint bloat. Can I disable it and use HTC launcher? I am not crazy about letting Facebook taking over my phone. And how much of the useless Sprint apps did you get rid of? Or are they set up where I can delete them with Titanium Backup? Thank you for the help.

THC Butterz

Thinking about trying this ROM but I have a couple of questions regarding the Facebook Home app and Sprint bloat. Can I disable it and use HTC launcher? I am not crazy about letting Facebook taking over my phone. And how much of the useless Sprint apps did you get rid of? Or are they set up where I can delete them with Titanium Backup? Thank you for the help.

you can easily switch back and forth, just launch fb home as a app and go to fb home settings and push turn off to return to sense, also, just about all sprint apps have been removed with the exception of sprint hotspot, and a few htc apps, but NASCAR, sprint wallet, etc are all gone

Reactions: ejc1214

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    butterz_zps8e804b27.jpg

Based on Sprint stock 2.95.651.6
    rooted
    deodexed
    debloated
    zip aligned
    sprint connection optimizer
    int.d support - with some pre installed scripts for buttery smoothness
    advanced power menu
    Aroma Installer!
    bravia 2 engine -thanks to Obeezy562
    Beats Audio -thanks to Tribulattifather
    OTA Updater
    MiRaGe Kernel only updated after stability testing - thanks to mrg666
    emjoy (read emjoy fonts like iphone users)
    youtube HD
    and so much more!...

sense 5 theme -thanks to luis4ever
    facebook home -thanks to theos0o
    leedroid - thanks to JoelZ9614
    Google now
    Original Sprint Bloat
    MMS fix for virgin mobile users
    cool mods - thanks to coolexe
    Project Direct Inject - with permission from Exit_Only
    and more...

tether bug im working on although you should be able to use wifi tether for root users which is better than native tether anyway

minor issues with htc locations (same in every rom for this device, be sure to use the footprints app for your default for footprints, a few non app breaking bugs

some more optimizing... permanently ongoing

please pm me if you have any issues

Please Note: system may take about 5 minutes to boot the first time, and another couple to smooth out the first boot

I recommend using 4 ext recovery - needed to support rom addons
    wipe everything except SD Card,
    flash
    choose what addons to install
    check ota updater for updates after boot, rom constantly updated
    enjoy!
    If using sense 5 theme I recommend opening up leedroid and setting status bar to 50% visability
    also open personalize and set the skin
    To activate Direct injector scripts make sure your using the build from 6/22/13 (you can download it from this post)
    boot the rom then open android terminal emulator and run the following commands
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    sh /sdcard/install/install.sh
    Copy the attached SystemUI.apk into your /system/app/ directory with a root file browser (I used ES) if you want to
    remove the GPS icon in the statusbar

6/21/13 - 20130620-1845 OTA lots of fixes, and aditions I try to only release updates after testing completely.missed a few changelogs, so no full log, but its well worth the upgrade!

6/9/13 - 20130609-1954 OTA beats audio, Bravia 2, int.d and build prop tweaks

6/6/13 -06062013-1921 OTA and standalone adds int.d and youtube hd

6/5/13 - 20130605-2103 OTA adds advanced power options

6/4/13 - 20130604-1325 - OTA fixes a build prop issue for vm users, new bootanimation

6/3/13 - 20130603-1832 - OTA update updates to build prop, updates and fixes leedroid

6/3/13 - 20130603-1832 - after several weeks of tweaking its here, added ota updates, removed beats as it wasnt working 100% added coolmods audio and cam
    enhancements, some back end inprovements,

5/15/13 - 1923 added full evo v compatability - tested and confirmed, see thread page 6, my thanks to the testers

5/15/13 - 0020 Updated to latest ota patch, corrected a few things, added option to flash original bloat

5/13/13 - R5.1.2 Added optional Google now

5/9/13 - R5.1.1.2 Minor update today, fixes music when using sense 5 theme.

5/8/13 - R5.1.1 added optional leedroid and sense 5 theme, made facebook home optional, improved updater script, overall minor tweaks and optimizations!

4/25/13- R4.0.2 full ground up rebuild, changed to awesome beats, super user, htc music now works, lots of de-bloating, all is happy :)

4/14/13 -R2.1.3 switched to super su, fixed root

4/14/13 - R2.1.2 zip aligned, deodexed, kernel update, wifi fix

4/13/13 - R2 release updated to work with any hboot

4/13/13 - Initial Release

attachment.php
    2013-04-13_16-15-09_zps81886522.png

thanks to all the developers out there who helped make this possible, will give more focused credit as soon as i have some time to do so.

Tribulattifather - for inspiring building this rom when his evo broke! , helping with aroma, and for being a all around great guy! recompiled beats for 2.95.651.6 support!
    Obeezy562 - Great guy, Think tank type, lots of good sugestions, and a awsome Evo V 4g tester! provided Bravia 2, created a awesome boot animation!!, Created Thread Banner
    t3khe4d - another great guy, and awsome virgin tester who has helped out quite often!
    wolfu11 - for HTC files

ramjet73
    Been very busy with work, But I promise another update will be here sometime soon.
    I have the update all worked out and ill keep you waiting no longer, im unable to upload it at work so it wont be live for another 9 hours or so, not too much has changed with the build, asside from cleaning up minor code bits, and preping for my newer otas that will be comming, one of which im working on now, I love features, but to me this rom is more about fixing where htc screwed up, its about performance, rock solid stability, and the best battery life. But dont get me wrong everybody likes features. .. so some will fly in over the air in updates to come, but if it doesnt pass basic quality tests, it doesnt belong on this phone...lol, also if someone could help me with a flashable fix for the damn mac adress issue I would be in there debt...
    AFTER just looking over xda, There are a few things i need to do to get this rom up to date, if i can stop being lazy, I should be able to produce a ota by next weekend... Hopefully