Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 Dock

Tip us?

Andbanyan
Old
(Last edited by Andbanyan; 17th June 2014 at 08:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Default Nexus 10 Dock

Hey everyone!

I really wanted a dock for my Nexus 10 but since none were available I decided to build my own. After posting pictures of it here, there were a lot of people that wanted to buy it. So I decided I would start selling them. I ended up selling a bunch and people seem to really like them. If you're interested, you can order one from my Tictail Store.

More pics and details below

• Faster Charging - Built-in power connector to charge your tablet through a magnetic pogo connector. The tablet charges about 25% faster and is much easier to use than a microUSB cable. A USB cable coming out of the dock plugs into the wall adapter that comes with the tablet so this can be used anywhere in the world where the Nexus 10 is sold.
  • Easy Docking/Undocking - Since the connector is magnet based, there is nothing to plug in. The magnets auto align the tablet to the charging pins. This is as close to wireless charging as you're going to get with this tablet - just pick it up when you need it.
  • Angled Design - For hands free movie watching, surfing the web, or playing a game all while the device is charging.

Ordering
You can order the dock directly from me from my Tictail Store.

This is a homemade product, but I've tried very hard to make it look professional and clean. There was an extra hole on the back for audio which I have plugged - see the pictures. Also, the front of the device used to have a Toshiba logo that I have taken off to the best of my abilities, making the front have a finish that's slightly different from the rest of the dock. It looks great though.

Here are some pics

Thanks for all the support guys! This was initially a fun little weekend project that took on a life of its own and went bananas, but I like bananas so it's all good
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Andbanyan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CJeep
Old
Thanks Meter 9
excellent write-up. Thank you very much.

Arcano
Old
Thanks Meter 87
You should send your résumé to Samsung.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arcano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redthunda69
Old
(Last edited by redthunda69; 14th April 2013 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 197
Damn this is awesome. Well done. I'm gonna make this with the "standard dock" instead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Phone
Nexus 5 ~~ Android L

Laptop
MacBook Pro ~~ OS X Yosemite

ydnandy
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Nice, build me one?

Andbanyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by redthunda69 View Post
Damn this is awesome. Well done. I'm gonna make this with the "standard dock" instead.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Awesome! Let me know how it works out. The reason I didn't use the standard dock was because there's no USB port on the back, but I guess you could just run the cable out from the ac plug hole.

redthunda69
Old
Thanks Meter 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelBoogers View Post
Awesome! Let me know how it works out. The reason I didn't use the standard dock was because there's no USB port on the back, but I guess you could just run the cable out from the ac plug hole.
That's what I was planning on. I feel its easier to do overall.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
Phone
Nexus 5 ~~ Android L

Laptop
MacBook Pro ~~ OS X Yosemite

Andbanyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydnandy View Post
Nice, build me one?
Haha! Maybe

bimmerboii
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I see there are USB ports at the back of the dock. Do those ports work when the N10 is docked?
Sign up here for FREE 2GB Dropbox Cloud Storage and get an additional 500mb space!

Andbanyan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboii View Post
I see there are USB ports at the back of the dock. Do those ports work when the N10 is docked?
Only the one you solder to, which is used for charging