5,603,729 Members 37,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][CM7.2] <<<<||The Ultimatum||>>>> !!!Updated!!! [01|02|2014]

Tip us?

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 1st February 2014 at 04:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578
Default [ROM][CM7.2] <<<<||The Ultimatum||>>>> !!!Updated!!! [01|02|2014]

This ROM has been Built with a sole Objective of Developing a SPEED FREAK Rom with Interface[S] to satisfy the Taste of each and every Ace User out there !!!

Features

• PERFORMANCE
  • Seeder Entropy Applied internally through new "Haveged" Engine.
  • Improvised Power saving tweaks.
  • Network & wifi data throughput tweaks giving fast data transfer speeds
  • Full BLN support
  • SD read-ahead speed raised
  • Single core CPU optimization.
  • Media stage-fright tweaks for faster video streaming.
  • Graphics enhancement tweaks & GPU rendering implemented globally [GPU Libs Ported from P-500].
  • Extreme Gaming optimizations (Cpu, gpu, ram, dalvik related).
  • Zaligning done on each boot & Sqlite DB optimization on each boot.
  • Deleted many unwanted system apps.
  • Slim down many system Apps for more memory .

• VISUALS
  • Custom made Boot Animation.
  • New UI transition which have been Optimization for Smooth animations.
  • Heavily Modded Themes.
  • Heavily Modded Notification with Date bar,Settings Shortcut Icon,Carrier Label on Bottom Handle,Touch Glow Bottom handle and Brightness Settings.
  • bla bla bla
  • Many Many more that I can't Remember now .

• MEDIA

• Wp7 Ringtones , Notification Tones , Alarms taken from system dumps of Xperia Z and Nexus 4.
  • Beats and various other Lib Files combined to Obtain Crisp and Clear Audio..
  • Custom changes in Original Audio LIBS for Volume Boost(Optimized Levels , so no Distortion at Highest Volume).
  • Mega Beats Audio Implemented along with some Custom changes to Ace Libs.

The Resultant Audio is THE BEST you have ever Heard in any Phone or Rom...
Ear Splitting BASS ,Zero Loss of Clarity ,Crisp Sound with Very Good Depth.

CREDITS

Performance :
Kernel Sources:
@dragonnn FireKernel are here : Git Link
Psndna88 Mem-Mod Source is here : Original Thread

@ReaperXL2, idcrisis , ImbaWind , Ryuinferno , Viper , RockDev , zhuhang , dragon , psndna88.
Theming Components :
saldymhmd , Chris95X8 , SpaceCacker , AChep , 72ls1 .
[Sorry if I forgot someone.]

The Following 218 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 1st February 2014 at 03:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578

INTERFACES

HOLO
Google's HOLO UI Implemented in Smooth and Stable GingerBread !

Instructions for Holo UI
Choose "Holo" during installtion of The Ultimatum in the UI selection section ,
Later after following all the steps from Installation procedure follow the steps given below :
  • Go to Settings > Cyanogen Mod Settings > Interface > Check "Hide Indicators" Option.

TIMESCAPE
Sony Xperia's Sleek TimeScape in our own SGA ! TimeScape has Facebook and Twitter Integration along with the other basic functions like messages and call log .

Instructions for TimeScape UI
Choose "TimeScape" during installtion of The Ultimatum in the UI selection section ,
Later after following all the steps from Installation procedure follow the steps given below :
  • Go to Settings > Cyanogen Mod Settings > Interface > Check "Hide Indicators" Option.
  • Go to Settings > Cyanogen Mod Settings > Lockscreen >Styles & Options > Lockscreen Style > Sliding Tab.
  • Go to Settings > Cyanogen Mod Settings > Lockscreen >Styles & Options > Incoming Call Style > Sliding Tab.
  • Go to TimeScape in app Drawer > Touch the Tile > Accept the Terms and Conditions > Set Account & password for Fb & Twitter account and then Click on Login Button.

MINOR BUGS :

1.The text during setting of TimeScape Ui is Dark and a little difficult to read , but it's just one time initialization so it doesn't matter.
2.Only the Timescape widget works , rest timescape widgets like call , face twitter give Forceclose ,
It's because I've Disabled them, TimeScape widget gives all the info in one place, so why need other Ram consuming widgets ?
3.once in a Bluemoon the one of TimeScape features [probably call related] will give Force close Error ,
but just ignore it as it won't cause any system stability nor affect the Timescape .

METRO
METRO is a very Sleek and Innovative 'Tiled' Interface Designed by Microsoft for Windows 8 !

Instructions for Metro UI
Choose "Metro" during installation of The Ultimatum in the UI selection section ,
  • Go to Settings > Cyanogen Mod Settings >Tablet Tweaks > Check "Disable lockscreen" Option .

MIUI
MIUI is a unique interface which takes customization to a whole other level !

Instructions for MIUI
Choose "MIUI" during installation of The Ultimatum in the UI selection section ,
  • Go to Settings > Cyanogen Mod Settings >Tablet Tweaks > Check "Disable lockscreen" Option .

More Screens [HERE]
The Following 115 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 13th September 2013 at 05:59 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578

KERNELS

Fire

Fire kernel is the Best Kernel ever made for Ace !
It's Stable , Fast , Customizable and Loaded with Features...!!!

Features
  • Battery driver made by LibiSC.
  • Some Improvements in idle support for ARM.
  • Overlocked AHB clock at 800,768,729Mhz .
  • Some changes in net stack.
  • Improved jhash.
  • Patched lowmemorykiller from zImage-Mod (but it is still compatible witch memory tweaks scripts).
  • Kernel compression changed to XZ.
  • Small changes in smartassV2.
  • Partly disable vsync.
  • Most of TheAceKernel features.

Why should I use Fire Kernel
  1. Use Fire Kernel if you don't have an EXT-4 partition on Sd-Card .
  2. Also if there are Stability problems using Swap All kernel like all Apps giving Force Close or Lag in System , then Switch to this Kernel.
  3. Users having Class 4 or Class 2 Memory Card are Recommended to use this kernel.

Swap All

Swap All kernel is based on Fire kernel which is the Best !
It's Stable , Fast , Customizable and Loaded with additional Features like
to Expanding Internal Memory and Implementing SWAP Support...!!!

Features
[same as Fire kernel] +
  • SD-EXT partition (/dev/block/mmcblk0p2) on phone's memory card is mounted as /data
    instead of original internal data partition(stl13).
  • Original Internal Storage (/dev/stl13 on stock GB & /dev/block/stl13 on AOSP) is formatted
    to be used as swap partition entirely so as to fully take advantage of fast internal data partition
    and relieving read/write load on memory card.
  • Swappiness set at 30.

Why should I use Swap All Kernel
  1. Use Swap All Kernel if you have an EXT-4 partition on Sd-Card and Class 6 or above Sd-Card .
  2. Use this if you want to expand your internal Memory to install Apps .
  3. Use this if you want to have a native SWAP support in System as a result of which you will Gain Massive Multitasking Ability .

• DIGITAL SOUND PROCESSOR

Viper
Viper is an Awesome DSP with lot's of Advance Features and Customizations ...!!!

Instructions for Viper DSP
Choose "Viper" during installation of The Ultimatum in the Digital Sound Processor selection section ,
  • Go to Viper Fx in App Drawer
  • Grant Super user Access
  • Select "with VSP" option when prompted to choose a driver.
  • Reboot phone.
  • Do the Following Settings for EQ as shown in the Screen:

Ultimatum Beats Bass
Beats Bass is comparatively an Simple DSP to operate which has been Modded a little and has Simple Options , at the same time it's very Effective...!!!

Instructions for Beats Bass DSP
Choose "Beats Bass" during installation of The Ultimatum in the Digital Sound Processor selection section ,
  • Go to Beats Bass in App Drawer.
  • Do the Following EQ Settings as shown in the Screen:
The Following 81 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 1st February 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
  1. Download 'TheUlitmatum(V4.0)[-The'A'Factor].zip'.
  2. Re-Boot into Recovery.
  3. Do Factory-Reset(format cache,format data,wipe Ext),also Wipe Dalvik Cache.
  4. Repeat the Step 3 again.
  5. Install Zip 'TheUlitmatum(V4.0)[-The'A'Factor].zip' from Sd-Card.
  6. Read Carefully all the options carefully , look at the Description about each components above and then Choose Accordingly.
  7. It will take 2-3 minutes for the Rom to Start Initially.
  8. Re-Boot immediately .
  9. Done !

The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 1st February 2014 at 03:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578
DOWNLOADS
!NO MIRRORS PLEASE!
  • The Ultimatum [V4.0] - [HERE]
  • The Ultimatum [V3.0] - [HERE]
  • The Ultimatum [V2.9] - [HERE]
  • The Ultimatum [V2.7] - [HERE]
I don't Expect any Donation ... But you can Appreciate my work by giving me a Thanks and Positive Comments...!
Constitutive Criticism are Always Welcomed!
This will Encourage me to do more Awesome Roms and Support them !

PATCHES

1. Keyboard- for those who needed language support(some character not visible properly etc..) : [Here]
    [the layout will be not be proper if you have Metro UI for the Keyboard_Fix]

2. MMS- for those who need the "Delivery Reports" functionality. : [Here]
    [You will lose the custom themed bubble styled app though]

Coming soon
  3. Right aligned Time- for those who don't like Centered Clock due to overlapping issue after too many notifications.

Instructions For Flashing the Patch:
  1. Go to Recovery
  2. Select system wipe & choose WIPE CACHE .
  3. Flash the respective Update .
  4. ReBoot
  5. If having any FC issues with any app[for eg. Mms.apk], then |Go to terminal|>|type| "su">|press enter|>|type| fixfc

Show your Support by keeping this as your Signature !!!
[One of my users suggested me to do the signature pic of my Rom]

Or just paste this code in your Signature [Control panel > Edit Signature > [Copy-Paste the Code below] > Save]

HTML Code:
[CENTER][URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2234221"][IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img40/7614/support2n.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

The Following 136 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 1st February 2014 at 04:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578

Changelog:

01|02|2014
  • New Interface (MIUI) added .
  • Activo_D4rkMod System performance & GPU engine (By : ReaperXL2) giving unprecedented speed & smoothness for Ace .
  • Improved Audio Engine .
  • Battery Life improved.
  • Updated some Apps.
  • Massive improvements in global system stability.

14|09|2013
  • Adrenal_D4rkMod performance Engine (By : ReaperXL2) .
  • Major improvement to memory management (no task killers needed anymore).
  • Batter Life improved.
  • Improved data & internet speeds.
  • Wifi Tethering is now fixed.
  • Updated some Apps.
  • Massive improvements in global system stability (no more data corruption or boot loops).
    [Now there are 50% less chances of getting errors in SwapAll Kernel for Class-4 Sd-Card users].
  • Some Patches for minor issues that some users were having [in the patches section below downloads]
    [Read the patching instructions carefully before patching].

17|04|2013
  • Settings not Saving Issues FIXED.
  • 30 Step volume Mod Added.

14|04|2013
  • Performance Issues FIXED[init.d related].
  • Boot Speed Increased.

10|04|2013
  • Initial Release

BUGS:

1. Brightness modes in Widget Buttons doesn't seem to work.
    [And it's not at all required , since I've already put the Brightness Toggle in the Status Bar which is easily accessible.]
  2. In Status Bar Tweak 'Alternate signal display Signal text' and 'signal text w/dbm' doesn’t seem to work , only signal bar work.
    [Again it's not an Important Bug since No one uses those weird numbers for Signal Bars.]
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 26th March 2014 at 08:27 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578
Question & Answers

• Flashed Rom but the it doesn't start / Rom stays in the Bootscreen ?
    Answer:
    Which kernel did you choose During Installation ?
    If you choose swap All , then it needs Ext-4 partition ion your Sd-card.

If you don't want to make Ext-4 Partition then select Fire during installation .

Lastly, check the version of recovery that you are using , We have found that the most compatible & reliable version is touch recovery beta... This can be found via it's thread on XDA SGA dev pages.

• Q.Can I Install CronMod or Amarulzz or App2Sd or Link2Sd Scripts on this Rom ?
    Answer
    YES and NO !!!

YES if you have selected "FIRE" in installation process [Kernel Selection] .

NO if you have selected "SWAP ALL" installation process [Kernel Selection] , Because Memory Expansion has been Enabled by Default in Swap All , any other Scripts will cause Instability in System ,which may Result in Loss of Data

• Q. I can't do backup (nandroid backup) via Recovery OR I can't wipe dalvik cache ?
    Answer
    This Issue is only there if you select Swap All during installation process [Kernel Selection].
    Wiping of Dalvik Cache Issue cannot be done through recovery option , as the Internal Memory was the Place where Dalvik Cache used to Ideally get Stored before... But here in this Rom Internal Memory is used for the SWAP (RAM Extension)... So you have to use Special Flash-able ZIP to do Data Format and Dalvik Wipe [HERE].

For creating a nandroid for this rom , First you will have to Format Data and then perform Backup .
    You can also use Titanium to do a complete rom backup & then restore via the same... This has been Tested and works great for me with this Rom.

• Some Symbols or some language is not present in Keyboard ?
    Answer:
    Install the KeyboardFIX from Download section .

• When the screen gets off [sleep mode], the music is jerky/distorted ?
    Answer:
    There are many Filters in it and I've Highly Optimized them to work with the 2 players that I've supplied with the Rom .

But still if you want to use other players then Go to Cyanogen Settings > Performance > Cpu settings (or something similar , i don't exactly remember the path :P ) > Set the Minimum Frequency to a little higher value , then again check if the problem persists , there will come a Time when there would be No Distortion in music even after screen off . .

• Can I use xyz Script for Performance ?
    Answer:
    NO!
    Performance has been optimized to the Fullest , flashing any other Script will conflict them and may cause System Instability .

• Status Bar/ Status Bar icons doesn't load after Re-Boot ?
    Answer:
    Just start the "Terminal Emulator" app and everything will appear.

• How to get delivery reports for SMS ?
    Answer:
    There is a patch available in the Downloads Section named "MMS".
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

The "A" Factor
Old
(Last edited by The "A" Factor; 14th April 2013 at 06:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1578
What Inspired me to do this Rom...???

YOU did !!!!

Want to know How ?

Check this out

The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to The "A" Factor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fernandojhr
Old
Thanks Meter 3
EPIC rom, currently downloading for testing!

devilboy23
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I already tried your previous nitrogen rom, and am very much impressed with it. Currently downloading this rom, will try and post feedback in an hour or so. BTW check INSTALLATION PROCEDURE post, you might need to edit it.

Tags
ace rom, the ultimatum, ulitmatum ace, ultimatum, ultimaum rom