A500 tab stuck on the Acer Logo

Search This thread

knn123

Apr 15, 2013
Hi,

My A500 is stuck on the acer logo screen. What should i do now? can anyone please help me on this?
Current Andriod version is 4.0

skurtov

Sep 20, 2011
Are you on Stock ICS? or do you have custom the bootloader?

If you're on OTA Stock ICS, when booting your tablet, try holding down the volume down button, and moving the lock orientation switch on and off, that should erase data and cache, essentially a factory reset. If that doesn't work, you might have to pull out your SD card, and get an OTA update zip.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25590039&postcount=131

Place the downloaded file onto the root of your SD, then reboot the Iconia and hold the volume up key. This will force it into the recovery to reinstall ICS.

If you're not on stock, boot yourself into APX mode, by turning off the tab, then with a paper clip, hold the reset button, while doing that, press the power button for two seconds, release power button, then release the reset button.This should bring you into APX mode. After that, use Blackthunders APX tool, provided you have your CPUID and SBK, to reflash the bootloader. This will reinstall the recovery and bootloader, from which you can re flash the ROM

speedyduck

Nov 3, 2007
Hi,
I'm in a similar boat, so instead of starting a new thread, I hope you don't mind I hitch hike on yours.

My iconia got stuck at the loading screen with "android" being displayed.

I'm on stock HC, had this problem once before, and managed to find a rom and flashed to get it going.

But this time, when I flashed the same rom that worked last time, the tablet said "unofficial rom" upon reboot. Tried a few other roms to no avail.

Just wondering if there's a original official Aust. rom that I can download and reflash my iconia?

Thanks

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
My iconia got stuck at the loading screen with "android" being displayed.

I'm on stock HC.....

Just wondering if there's a original official Aust. rom that I can download and reflash my iconia?

Thanks
Stock HC after 3.1 is unrootable so you need to go back to 3.1 and take the ota to 3.2 and 3.2.1..or
Forget HC and flash the v8 bootloader from 3.1 and get yaself some ics/jb goodness!

There's a nz ota update.zip for 3.1 here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2049778

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2